Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Jesus you're miserable, take a happy pill.

Brexit only recently came into effect, get a grip.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
i mean if you live in the UK the '£350 million' jokes got old about 2 years ago, dilbert.

it's slightly cringe watching you plug facebook memes in 2020.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
uziq
+492|3422
that's 'multiculturalism' like the fucking carthaginians and romans were 'multiculturalism', dilbert.

the term has absolutely no meaning the way you use it. 'races shouldn't mix'. china delenda est!!!
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.lrb.co.uk/the-paper/v42/n13 … s-to-earth

here's your fortnightly dose of the LRB. ferdinand mount on boris johnson's first 6 months. pretty withering stuff -- especially coming from a figure like mount!
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 … nts-online

the UK govt have been dragging their feet on an incredibly damaging 'russia report'. boris suffered a major defeat this week after he tried to cook the appointment process for the senior UK intelligence committee in charge of this sort of thing, by nominating a floating turd (chris grayling) to be its chairman. by some hook and crook the parliamentarians managed to give the post to someone else -- another major defeat for BoJo's project. hopefully we can now hope to see some very damning stuff about russia by the end of the year.

in the meantime, it's clear that they've tried to interfere in our elections as much as in the USA.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
What were the demographics of European COVID victims? In the U.S., minorities especially poor ones seem to be getting the brunt of it. I don't think COVID is racist but I assume low wage and essential workers are mostly minority and have the highest exposure. Were poor white Europeans the major victim over there?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

re: boris' performance

I remember some amount of celebration from Republicans here in the states about BoJo's victorious run because he comes from the "conservative party." The magical word.

"Ya wanna be careful if you mess with Boris!" Strong figure indeed.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6662

SuperJail Warden wrote:

What were the demographics of European COVID victims? In the U.S., minorities especially poor ones seem to be getting the brunt of it. I don't think COVID is racist but I assume low wage and essential workers are mostly minority and have the highest exposure. Were poor white Europeans the major victim over there?
This correlates with rates of chronic illness in general. Greater exposure is one factor, but also consider the factors that make minorities at greater risk for chronic and degenerative illness: access to decent food, healthcare, and of course generational trauma/suppression of historical identity- most clearly seen on Native American reservations.

Russia has been playing the long game.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2020-07-25 15:51:05)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Here its exploded in the wog communities, they have low paid grubby jobs, cramped housing and won't change their behaviour - third-generation greeks/italians/lebanese still won't change.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-26/ … a/12490178

Anecdotally we went to a greek restaurant and the dumb fat greek owner grabbed, hugged and kissed every guest she knew and tried to hug us - four months into a pandemic.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I haven't been to a restaurant since at least November. Four months into 2020, you'd have had to drag me kicking and screaming.
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert goes out to a restaurant and then blames the owner for not being sufficiently careful. priceless. 'wogs'.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

no, it was far more dangerous for black and middle eastern minorities here. mostly correlates with poverty and hence poor living standards and chronic illness.

air pollution was a big part, too. people living in congested urban neighbourhoods had much worse death statistics.
Larssen
+99|1857
They also work contact jobs more often. Plus the community seems either oblivious or ignorant of the whole thing. As soon as I enter the immigrant neighbourhoods here it's as if there never was any covid.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

dilbert goes out to a restaurant and then blames the owner for not being sufficiently careful. priceless. 'wogs'.
The bulk of the community transmission in Australia has been caused by ethnic groups refusing to abide by govt guidelines or legislation.
Its as if they're stupid or something.
uziq
+492|3422
cronyism at its finest. good job UK.
https://twitter.com/JolyonMaugham/statu … 2145177600
Larssen
+99|1857

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

The bulk of the community transmission in Australia has been caused by ethnic groups refusing to abide by govt guidelines or legislation.
Its as if they're stupid or something.
They're much more likely to work contact jobs, so work from home is often out of the question. Government communication with these communities is also lacklustre most of the time.
uziq
+492|3422
it’s not even true anymore. young people and certain groups are impervious to public health guidance in the state of victoria. of course it has to come from somewhere outside’ initially. it’s a fucking island.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Except it really has exclusively been brought in and spread by ethnic groups who can't be communicated with and won't change their behaviour.

It has raised the question of what people who can't communicate in English and are illiterate in their own language are really doing here.
uziq
+492|3422
except every single piece of press about the 'second wave' in victoria mentions hard-to-trace community transmission, mostly thought by young people who are going around with minor or asymptomatic cases.

i'm sure it has 'raised the question' amongst your dunderhead circles about 'furregners who carn't even speak english roight m8'.

Last edited by uziq (2020-08-06 02:36:55)

uziq
+492|3422
at the very last hour, johnson's lot turn around and say they want to rip-up the exit agreement and hit straight for a disastrous no-deal brexit.

that risks the peace in ireland, as well as making far more likely the break-up of the union w/r/t scottish independence.

a year ago, bojo's re-election campaign was running this frankly patronizing shit about 'instant meals', aiming for the passional proles.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/polopoly_fs/1.6406767.1575380612!/image/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_1024/image.jpg

now even their 'oven ready' deal is complete tosh. i wonder why?

https://i.imgur.com/x6Fkbq9.jpg

oh.

Last edited by uziq (2020-09-07 03:11:03)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pretty sure I, and a lot of other people, predicted Johnson would pull 'no-deal' out of the hat at the eleventh hour.

This is literally treachery and their heads should be on pikes outside the tower, its going to take 'the proles' a decade to figure this one out.

But 'ze euros' had the choice between Britain leaving and mild reform and they went with the first one.
A disaster for Britain, a mild disaster for Europe, everybody loses.
Europe and Boris and his Eton/Oksferd chums are about equally to blame.
uziq
+492|3422
yep, i don't think it's really surprising to anyone how venal and self-interested the hard brexiteers/european research group are. this has been their pro-banking, pro-finance ideology since at least thatcher's era. at least she kept the lid on the box of mad hatters.

they're definitely connected with 'the establishment' in some way, the eton/oxford lot, sure, but there's just as many major hedge fund managers and tory party bankrollers who are 'new money' and from outside that system of elite patronage and aristo connections. you can't forget that the major ideologues pushing for this latest, successful wave of brexit in the modern era were people like arron banks and nigel farage -- decidedly NOT the eton/oxford/bullingdon club lot. often times it's just big money talking, gauche businessmen who see an opportunity and want more de-regulation, etc.

and, again, for the umpteenth time, that tiny cenacle of privilege is NOT the entirety of oxford or humanities education. oxford's admissions this year were 80% state school students. designate the problem properly.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, we're talking Oksferd twats from a generation ago, its been a consistent theme though.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Query: why would they describe something as "oven-ready" if it's meant to go in a microwave? "Microwave oven" is a very antiquated term in my eyes, but maybe if Boomers are their target...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard