uziq
+492|3422
yeah, you’re right. in a weird way the accidental downing of the plane might be responsible for iran’s backing off. for now, anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Whats more concerning is 63 Canadians being killed by an Iranian missile. The Canadian govt isn't going to kill any Arabs so it was a waste really.
Not to belabor a side point, but:

AIC
MYTH vs. FACT: Persians and Arabs
https://www.us-iran.org/resources/2016/ … -and-arabs

culture trip
Why Iran Is Not an Arab Country
https://theculturetrip.com/middle-east/ … ab-country
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Dilbert admitted to being born in the middle East. He has been a secret Arab this whole time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Dilbert admitted to being born in the middle East. He has been a secret Arab this whole time.
Sure he isn't Persian, Kurd, Turk, Assyrian(actually maybe we can rule this out), or some other mideastern racial/ethnic group?

Last edited by War Man (2020-01-10 13:49:58)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
There's a good chance I could get Bahraini citizenship if I wanted.

Also Arabs liked to have blonde blue-eyed baby boys, I was lucky not to be switched in the hospital.
Or was I? Maybe the real Dilbert_X is living a high life of Lamborghinis and Russian models and I'm an impostor.
We'll never know.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Dilbert during the Yom Kippur War.
https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-64cee29e9098d4c91ce8be92709864ac.webp
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So Iran claimed that they wounded dozens of U.S. troops in their missile attack. We called them liars and said no injuries. Turns out over 30 have traumatic brain injuries for which 9 are still hospitalized. Trump dismissed those injuries as headaches. This probably should be a minor scandal but instead did you know the Democrats don't support the troops?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Very likely it was all stage managed, the military said their bunkers were fine against an Iranian missile attack, Trump gave the go-ahead, turns out the bunkers weren't so great.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So Iran claimed that they wounded dozens of U.S. troops in their missile attack. We called them liars and said no injuries. Turns out over 30 have traumatic brain injuries for which 9 are still hospitalized. Trump dismissed those injuries as headaches. This probably should be a minor scandal but instead did you know the Democrats don't support the troops?
yeah, calling a TBI 'a headache' is beyond stupid, and just the sort of graceless comment that has typified the trump era. any other national leader would be heavily scrutinised if they talked so flippantly about wounded soldiers.

i'd rather lose both my legs than have a life-changing brain injury.
Carbuncle
Disabled
+0|1523
We only know the surface of it all, that's why I think we all don't know what'll really be the result. Unless you are someone of the higher ups.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So it's official we lost Afghanistan. We signed a peace deal with the Taliban (!) so we can withdraw as long as they promise to keep AQ out and not dismantle the completely fucked Afghan government.

Not a bad deal assuming the Taliban is serious about keeping ISIS and AQ out. I fear two things: 1. The Taliban decides to inevitably overthrow the Afghan government (they would be stupid not to) and the U.S. cuts ties with them making us enemies once again. 2. Americans have learned nothing about our lack of ability to change the politics and culture of other places or the lack of wisdom of trying to use the military to do so.
uziq
+492|3422
didn't the taliban and iran collaborate about a week before the deal was signed to shoot down an american E-11A plane? and kill the main man in the CIA working iran on the soleimani thing? i can't recall the high-ranking agent's name -- just that they had converted to islam and were known by a nickname in the department.

the story seems to have vanished or remained unconfirmed by the US govt. that was definitely a tit-for-tat exchange over soleimani.

you definitely lost. fucked by a bunch of goat farmers throwing rocks.

e: ayatollah mike.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-03 12:48:26)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Does anyone else find it odd that America spent 18 years in Afghanistan having gently herded Bin Laden into Pakistan during the first few months?
uziq
+492|3422
bargain.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
At least we got heroin production ramped up so high shahter disappeared on a bender
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I tried to teach my students about the opium war the other day. I tried to make it relevant to them by explaining how our opioid epidemic is like the Chinese opium epidemic. The dumb ass kids most in danger of becoming opioid addicts were completely uninterested. They just wanted to repeat rap lyrics and dance.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When you're a cop and you kick down their door and bust their asses you can tell them they should have listened when you told them to pay attention in class or this will happen.

Then you can tell them you were a cop first but traveled back in time to be a teacher to try to save them from their future.

That should fuck them up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Hopefully when he kicks out their front door, one of them decides how he's gonna go is with his finger on the trigger of a gun
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

Hopefully when he kicks out their front door, one of them decides how he's gonna go is with his finger on the trigger of a gun
Why would you say something like that? I never wished an air conditioner fell on you.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2020-03-03 17:30:17)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Not sure if that's a "Guns of Brixton" reference or not...
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I tried to teach my students about the opium war the other day. I tried to make it relevant to them by explaining how our opioid epidemic is like the Chinese opium epidemic. The dumb ass kids most in danger of becoming opioid addicts were completely uninterested. They just wanted to repeat rap lyrics and dance.
I hope you include how US monied interests pushed for and profited from the opium trade. You could also make it relevant to today by linking it to the Hong Kong protests.
uziq
+492|3422
to be fair every young person i speak to from HK is pretty much pro-protest without any need for american disinformation or propaganda efforts.

i have an amazing anecdote that’s irrelevant to the discussion. but a few years ago i was in a relationship with a super rich girl from HK for about 9 months (i might have posted here before when i was staying in her london apt in the most expensive/exclusive tower in the city, overlooking parliament). she went to boarding school and university in my corner of the UK. she moved back to HK when she finished. i didn’t follow, we broke up, whatever. about two years later i very briefly hooked up a few times with another HK’er (this isn’t a fetish pattern, i was living in a city centre and dating casually almost every week) who was doing postgrad in similar circumstances to the first girl. she went back to HK, we were never really close, whatever. i’ve kept in contact with them both since. well, about 3 months ago, it turns out these two girls befriended one another in their social circles in HK, and started appearing in photos together on insta on a regular basis. i couldn’t believe my eyes. one day they were at dinner together, and i guess must have been talking about their time in the UK or something, and one of them mentioned an editor guy bla bla ... and the other one immediately knew they were talking about me. what’re the chances of that eh? they sent me a video message from the table laughing their heads off. some crazy shiiiiet.

anyway yeah during the peak of the protests both of those girls expressed in some way their pro-democracy and even pro-britain sentiments. i find it hard to imagine that vested interests in britain were pushing for HK’ers to wave around the union jack as a protest symbol. that’s not a good look tbqh.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-03 23:49:23)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

Not sure if that's a "Guns of Brixton" reference or not...
It was
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
As the world faces this unprecedented crisis it is important that we reflect on some of our recent major successes to keep our spirits up.

Just last year we finished bombing Iraq and Syria to the point where we stopped the Muslims from having a Caliphate. We successfully defended some fake lines on maps.
uziq
+492|3422
you then proceeded to betray or sell out most of your proxies in the region that did the serious dirty-work and took the losses.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard