uziq
+492|3422
the fact that it has spread frighteningly fast in places like italy puts paid to dilbert's silly little racial invectives. you'll notice all the worst internet memes about chinese hygiene and cultural standards have quietened down now it seems like every human being is, quelle surprise!, susceptible to a highly contagious virus.

ah, rome! root of all western civilization! the might of the white race! brought low by a bunch of cheek-kissing, table-touching, heavily gesticulating white people.

Last edited by uziq (2020-02-26 12:40:02)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
Seems to have spread a lot faster in China from one little market.

There's a reason the Chinese are known for being disgusting. The average Hong Kong Chinese despises them.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-02-26 14:34:09)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
considering the virus has an incubation period of up to 4 weeks, that's an awful lot of time not knowing that there's any sort of infection afoot.

yes, they culpably ignored early warnings and bungled it on a bureaucratic level. but it's not 'subhuman chinese coughing on fruit stalls'. stop being such a fucking retard.
uziq
+492|3422
lol does anyone remember when Jay tried to 'own' AOC because she was dumb and out of her depth?

ted cruz just tried to do the same thing by asking her what a Y chromosome is

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1233409167085449216?s=20

wonder what jay has to say about a woman from a lower income background than himself who
holds awards from MIT Lincoln Lab &others for accomplishments in microbiology.
and is
an Intel global finalist,
a fmr multi-year intern for Sen. Kennedy,
a cum laude dual major in Economics & International Relations,
a fmr Educational Director for national organization
https://qz.com/1481551/alexandria-ocasi … -research/

https://cms.qz.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Alexandria-Ocasio-Cortez-ISEF-2007-science-fair.jpg?quality=75&strip=all&w=1100&h=611

it's amazing that quislings like Jay just can't handle this sort of thing. i love it.

Last edited by uziq (2020-02-28 09:50:26)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
She obviously didn't learn anything. She's clearly an EO case.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
you learneded a lot!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Interesting take on the US stock market.

The problem with America's corporate debt isn't so much the size, it is that a large portion of the money has been squandered. Rather than investing in new plants and equipment, American companies have been raising cash and handing it straight back to shareholders.

Amazingly, one of the biggest driving forces behind Wall Street's longest boom has been American corporations themselves. They've been buying back their own shares.

It's a tax-effective way of delivering cash to shareholders and, as a neat little side-effect, all that extra demand for shares pumps up the share price. That's great for executive bonuses.

Not only that, given Wall Street loves to measure performance in earnings per share, reducing the number of shares gives the appearance that earnings are rising quicker than they really are.

In addition to that, American companies have been churning out huge dividends, much of it funded by cheap debt.

All that debt remains and must be repaid but there's precious little to show for it.
https://www.abc.net.au/cm/lb/12015230/data/usa-corporate-debt-to-gdp-data.jpg
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-03-02/ … t/12015192
uziq
+492|3422
we have learned absolutely nothing from 2008 and the political consensus back then is entirely to blame.

12 years later and fascism is mainstream again, populism's cry deafens out discourse in every previously self-respecting country of the world, and the money men are taking us into another meltdown. and why wouldn't they, when they all got off so lightly last time? it's the populists' fodder that bore the brunt.

the only conceivable strategy they must have is to fleece the economy, build their survivalist bunkers, offshore their fortunes, and watch the break down of social and political order from the decks of their super yachts.

Last edited by uziq (2020-03-01 16:08:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Chaos is good for business, so many opportunities.

https://www.thejc.com/image/policy:1.495455:1579099366/Lord-Nathaniel-Natty-Rothschild.jpg?f=16x9&h=576&w=1024&$p$f$h$w=d78f4b1

The plebs will have their homes foreclosed, the wealthy will ride it out, its win-win.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-01 17:09:10)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
As for me:

I invested a bit of a chunk in shares after the GFC, doubled my money after tax since then (which is not bad, but barely beat the market) and pulled 35% back into cash over the last 6 months or so.

So:

20% of my NPV currently in shares, returns around 8% gross dividend yield. At this point I'll probably ride out whatever comes.
10% In cash waiting to be reinvested in shares
70% In cash and term deposits, returning ~3% gross but dropping steeply as the long term deposits come due, 8% through the GFC was nice. Some of which I'll think about putting in shares at the right time.

The AUD is in trouble in all kinds of ways, tourists, mineral exports etc.
I still have some money in GBP, and the rest of the family certainly do. At some point I'll transfer some more to AUD.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-01 17:08:03)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Get to work fixing that AUD, Dilbs. The value of my shares in my company is dependent upon it.
uziq
+492|3422
don’t forget to bash a hardworking polish plumber on the head and cheer on a poor little english racist when you’re pulling all your money out of the UK. pip pip!

it must be nice to be doing so well and not have any usual expenses – your own home, a wife, a family. i bet that buys a lot of target pistols !
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, yes it does, also the best quality ammunition.
uziq
+492|3422
you have much in common with somali pirates, who delight in the cost of their expensive ammunition whilst looting their home country.
Larssen
+99|1857
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/ … ern-europe

Honestly I can't help but feel that this is a natural progression of things and that trying to halt urbanisation and the tide of young people moving to these economically prosperous locations is akin to pushing water up hill. The radicalisation of older socially conservative constituencies left behind in rural areas is a real problem, but it also seems to be one that will be solved within a generation or two.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So who is going to produce the food?
uziq
+492|3422
i agree, little people should stay in their place and accept the roles assigned to their ancestors by monarchical-feudal systems, as peasants.

how dare a spanish youth try to move from an interior with zero job opportunities to london, or paris or berlin? it's outrageous. these people must grow the food and handle the mule for the rest of us!

meanwhile dilbert will emigrate and live wherever he wants, as is his right. why don't you go work the land, dilbert, seeing as you're so in touch with manual labourers?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
We're busy replacing manual work with robots.
Its why Australia is so welcoming to Engineers.

There should be temporary worker programs to give people opportunities, Aus has extended programs for backpackers and pacific islanders, and while you're apparently keen to help your fellow Europeans I doubt you'd be pleased if 100,000 Somalis descended on your posh neck of the woods.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-02 16:39:13)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So the Turkish military has been blowing up Syrian soldiers for the past week. They blew up almost 2000. I feel like the fact that they are fighting an undeclared war is worth more attention than it is receiving.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
russia were declared as committing war crimes in the region, too, including lots of indiscriminate jet attacks on civilians.

it's a very busy news week. war can wait.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I guess they are lucky that Chinese tourist aren't dropping by anyhow.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Larssen
+99|1857
I'm getting rather annoyed at how it seems to be impossible to discuss the systemic causes of refugee streams or conflict between different identity groups within our society with the (far) right. In their minds, it's always 'their fault' and when you deviate from that reasoning to talk about policy choices we made in the past or what role socio-economic factors or even war have the instant retort is something along the lines of 'keep blaming yourself!'. It feels like a form of brainwashing has occurred which causes people to be impervious to reason and instinctively assess every situation through an us vs them lens. The problem, of course, can only be them.

It's curious how today's right wing nationalists are slightly different from those in the past. It's no longer blood, soil and ethnicity that seems to be the basis for our superiority, but the magic word is 'culture'. It is "our culture" which in their eyes is inherently superior to others. That's why we're stable and wealthy and the rest of the world shitholes. It justifies the logic of assimilation, is the centrepiece to debates on crime and violence, and demands the rejection of any other people lest their cultural identity poisons our perfect society. I've even heard it applied to history: we conquered the world and others did not because our culture was simply better. On the fringes you can see ethnic nativism rising, but the above seems to be the main appeal for the largest amount of voters.

Now there's some cultural practices which can be seen as harmful to people, but the inordinate focus it receives and even dominant position it holds in their rhetoric is very worrisome. Considering the far right has only grown and its growth is outpacing all other political movements, I'm increasingly pessimistic about the way this century is going to unfold.

Last edited by Larssen (2020-03-08 03:22:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Apart from race/culture to explain differences in achievement and progress what is there?

Civilised cultures tend to achieve more than barbaric cultures, and yet civilised cultures are expected to absorb barbaric cultures and let them continue their barbarism to the detriment of the civilised culture or be called 'racist'.

Civilised cultures tend to be white, I guess that clinches it, they're racist by default.

Look at America and Canada, same geography, various cultural differences, wildly different crime rates, you explain it.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-03-08 03:42:49)

uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Apart from race/culture to explain differences in achievement and progress what is there?
Larssen
+99|1857
Thank you for proving once again you are an utterly inconsolable moron dilbert.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard