RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Pixel 3a. Current phone has always been bad at being a phone, Moto g5 plus.

Also tickets to Ferrari racing days in Atlanta.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I got that exact phone for Christmas. I like it a lot.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i’m picking up a cannondale at 60% RRP.
So will you spend the RRP and get a better bike or take the discount.

My one piece of advice would be to spend a loooooong time making sure the bike fits, don't assume adjusting the saddle will solve everything.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
modern bikes come in several frame sizes, they're pretty finely delineated - each size seems to be suited for a 3-4" height range. this one also has a pretty long saddle stem and an automatic saddle adjuster, you press a button on the handle-bar and it pops up/goes down to fit your posture on the uphills/downhills, as preferred.

https://www.cannondale.com/en-gb/bikes/ … it/habit-4

this cannondale full-suspension i'm buying actually changes the placement of the rear suspension and the headset angle, according to which size frame you buy, so as to better accommodate to different height riders' center-of-gravity. pretty neat. it's a cannondale only thing and they're calling it 'Proportional Response'. "PR is the only suspension design that tailors the actual suspension layout by size so that every rider gets optimal traction, suppleness and control." (way back when i used to ride more often, cannondale were known for unique designs like this; they had an infamous 'lefty' fork.)

the thing is £2600 normally but i'm getting it for £1400. yes i know that's not 60% but you have to buy pedals separately as well as safety gear, etc.

Last edited by uziq (2020-02-19 05:10:01)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i bought a new phone. Was tired of my old phone's battery. I got the Samsung Note 10. It's aight i guess
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That's about the same reason I upgraded to my Note 10. I still use third party dictation software and paper notepads, though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i still manually backup my phone contents instead of using Samsung (now OneDrive) Cloud. I was using Google but I'm trying to wean myself off of as many non-critical services I can. I begrudgingly hand off too much information as it is.

My data, My CHOICE!
uziq
+492|3422
i never started using those services, not sure why. it seemed like hassle. they all came out at the same time. microsoft onedrive, google something, dropbox, apple icloud, etc. most of my data is music/films, which i like to have entombed on a drive somewhere. it's so annoying trying to access a document on the cloud when you might not have internet.

pretty sure windows tries to make your documents folder a onedrive folder by default? like wtf. why do i need this stuff on the internet.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I never really gave it second thought when I was signing up for it, but have since realized the error of my ways. I just noticed this week that I'm still signed up for a learning site I used when I was going through that programming cert. class I took. Fuck outta here!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
I have the s10 for work. It's ok. I'm waiting on the s20 to upgrade my personal
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

RTHKI wrote:

Pixel 3a. Current phone has always been bad at being a phone, Moto g5 plus.

Also tickets to Ferrari racing days in Atlanta.
How do you like your new phone?
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Love it, only arrived yesterday, better in almost every way. Got it from Amazon warehouse deals. Ordered a white one but purplish is what I was in the box, don't really care about that though.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I am happy for you.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
2020 Subaru Ascent
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Big purchase for someone expecting a kid.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Need the 3rd row
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61oUbEHvtUL._AC_UL1000_.jpg
We are allowed to wear any boots we want as long as they are black. So I bought a pair of SS boots.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I'm debating between the outback and the forester. Would love to hear some opinions
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Outback is a lesbian car
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

that's suburus in general. But thank you for your contribution.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Lesbaru
Gay slang for a Subaru. As many lesbians drive Subaru's, typically the Outback, this word has become become very common.
Dude, check out that chick in the Lesbaru. I love her mullet!
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=lesbaru
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I'm debating between the outback and the forester. Would love to hear some opinions
They're more or less the same vehicle, Forester is taller, bulkier but better all-round field of view.

The Forester should be on the 'new platform' which has some marginal safety improvements and is ready for hybrid and electric builds, not sure if the Outback is there yet, probably doesn't matter.

Depends if you want to be at the same level as all the twats in pickup trucks, so your head doesn't take the impact when you get t-boned, or if you want less drag and a bit more stability for long distance driving.

Personally I think Subarus have the best ergonomics, field of view and drivability in their class, my views may be a bit coloured by the fact our nearest dealer is in walking distance. I bought mine before the dealer moved there.

I wish I could like the XV a bit more, but the rear end is like a cave. The Liberty is great value as no-one buys sedans any more, and basically the same platform as the Forester and Outback.

My sister's three year old Forester has been good for her, it copes with her inept driving at least, I haven't driven it.
My parents Impreza has had some tech niggles, like the radio automatically switching on every time.
I had a brand new Outback as a loaner, opening the boot was a headache - something had to be reset by the dealer to get it to work and the wing mirror motor was fucked. Whatever you buy will probably be built in a different plant.
Whichever Outback model I drove had a button for Eco or Sport mode, Eco was a bit dead, not sure if the base model only has Eco.
The keyless entry system is fairly retarded, what can you do.

I think I said already, I'd suggest anyone look at a BMW first to see an ideal vehicle, then a Toyota (some of the ergonomics are just bad, RAV4 hybrid seems like great value, hybrid powertrain should be solid) then Subaru etc. Many vehicles now have all the controls on a touchscreen which is unusable by blind touch so I rule those out, Subarus at least still have dials and switches for many controls.

My old 4 speed Forester does struggle a bit on hills, and 2.5l isn't huge esp with all the US emissions nerfing. If you live in a hilly area I'd suggest test driving it there.

Then buy whatever you want and pocket the money saved by not buying a BMW, unless you buy a BMW in which case you have more money than sense.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-02-24 16:37:13)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

That said there are times when a pickup makes sense. My own and its bed are used for both work and personal. Enough grunt to pull a trailer up a hill. 4x4 for snow. Very nice for jumping. Used it to move office stuff a few times now.

Maybe smart car drivers occasionally rolls their eye when I pass them on the highway, but a truck doesn't have to be viable for everyone to be viable at all.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Truck beds are insecure and get wet, I don't see the value.

I'd rather have a towbar and rent a trailer when I need it than effectively tow a trailer around 365 days a year. Or just rent a van when I need to fit something I can't get in a wagon.

If you take trail-bikes to the woods every weekend then yes a truck might make sense.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-02-24 16:36:28)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard