unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am not trolling when I say we can help trans people with therapy and medication. We can give them happy and productive lives. Instead you want to indulge their sickness and condemn them to a life of exclusion and suffering.
Laughable. To repeat my previous reply to dilbert:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

GID is dated terminology. Gender dysphoria and being transgendered is no longer considered a mental disorder. Knowingly treating a disorder that doesn't exist would be unethical. Survey data (American Journal of Public Health) suggests conversion therapy increases patient risk. Unnecessary, flawed, and unethical. Attempts to push people into it are often more concentrated in places (like Butt#*& Wyoming) where you'd expect a stereotypical opposition to transgendered people. Couldn't tell you why.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

By the way do you even know any trans people?
Yes. But they seem to have a far more profound impact on you from all the way across the country.

One spends a lot of free time playing Civilization. Model of degeneracy.

Maybe she should be more like you, making bigoted arguments on a secret forum because it would cost her social clout if she did it on facebook. You are a true role model.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

i think you're having a bit of trouble with the polyvalence of the verb 'to identify'. bless you. it must be such hard work, crunching all those semantics in your massive brain.
Not really.

How many other personality issues are dealt with by radical surgery?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
the fact you confuse someone ‘identifying’ as another person entirely, or someone ‘identifying’ with a subculture or fashion trend, with their thinking about their gender ‘identification’, shows just how clueless you are.

i imagine your mind will be blown when you hear about goth transsexuals.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-22 23:49:41)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Do you have anything to back this up?

I'm not looking for pseudoscience with dismal methodology again.
uziq
+492|3422
to back what up? you confusing the semantics of ‘identification’? a person who believes they are another person is clearly having a dissociative/depersonalisation episode and a psychotic break.

identifying as a different gender is not at all the same thing as me imagining i’m Napoleon or a soldier sent back from the future to save sarah connor. do you really need to see a research paper to adduce this?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes I think so.
uziq
+492|3422
a perception of one’s own gender, the fluid and labile sense of masculine and feminine, a continuum which every person’s sense of self falls on ... is not the same as being convinced you are an ontologically different being. you are being thick beyond belief. not identifying as the gender of your birth is not the same as becoming convinced you’re a reincarnation of Jesus.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

i think you're having a bit of trouble with the polyvalence of the verb 'to identify'. bless you. it must be such hard work, crunching all those semantics in your massive brain.
Not really.

How many other personality issues are dealt with by radical surgery?
and it’s not a ‘personality’ issue, is it? such a straw man of your own devising. gender is more than a personality quirk. obviously no disorders that are defined as being entirely personality-based are going to require physical surgery. well done dilbert! your arguments are so satisfying. water right reasoning buddy!

the whole thing must be nonsense because there’s no surgery for obsessive compulsives!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
There's no real evidence at this point that transgenderism is much more than a psychological issue.
uziq
+492|3422
considering that our sexual development is a soupçon of hormonal balances, i'd suggest you're wrong there, dilbert, M.D.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Easily fixed with a bit of hormonal rebalancing then, not adjusting physiology to suit out of whack hormones.

I mean, which makes more sense really?
uziq
+492|3422
isn't trying to distinguish between hormones and physiology a bit fatuous? hormones are physiology. they are crucial to physiological processes. 'hormonal rebalancing' is physiological rebalancing.

it's almost like you haven't the faintest clue what you're talking about. 'normal disorders' and 'abnormal disorders'. i'm going to go with the medical establishment on this one.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
In most cases if a hormone or whatever gets out of whack you have treatment to bring it back into balance, not life-changing surgery to bring your body into line with the hormone thats out of whack.

Or maybe people with inadequate growth hormone should be counselled to identify as a short person instead of being given growth hormone, I don't know.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The Hollywood Gay and Jewish mafias just ruin everything.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/37/Logan_2017_poster.jpg
Logan, the first comic book movie to be nominated for best adapted screenplay. Widely considered the best comic book movie of all time due to the fact that it isn't like or follows any of the comic book movies of the last decade. 4th highest grossing R-rated movie of all time too. $620 million gross.

What does it lose the Academy Award for Best Adapted Screenplay to? Call My By Your Name. A movie about two gay Jews having a relationship in Italy.

This is a crime. Logan and its team was robbed by the gay agenda or maybe it was just because the movie was Jew'd up. By the way, Jews in Italy?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Should earnings really be taken into account? Two Avengers movies (infinity war and endgame) are in the top 10 for highest grossing. Adjusted for inflation, one. Both had budgets of the lower part of half-a-billion dollars.

I have a lot of respect for technical merit of VFX departments and such. But Logan was nominated for best adapted screenplay. While I think that more effort was put into the human element of that story than usual, it was still about a man with knife hands driving around with a telepathic dementia patient. To its credit, probably the best X-Men movie (not a high bar). While I haven't seen it, Call Me By Your Name probably has characters you can fully appreciate without a background in the screwy Marvelverse.

e:

‘Logan’ Review: Marvel’s Latest Mind-Number Is All Bark and No Bite
https://observer.com/2017/03/logan-movi … k-stewart/

Harsh, but refreshingly honest in a sea of favorable reviews setting it favorably against the other X-Men movies.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Should earnings really be taken into account?
Well it's a good gauge on how relevant a movie is to I don't know...humanity? The gay movie made only $40,000,000. I am going to guess most of those people who saw it were pretty gay.

Have you ever even heard of the movie before I brought it up? Do you think people will remember it in 10 years?

Also the Grammy's might be rigged. The academy is probably too.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-51221137
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Jews, gays, feminism - pretty much all you need to guarantee a nomination.

$40m? Thats not even as much a Cats

On topic.
An Oxford professor given protection after alleged threats from transgender rights activists says she did not want to "wait and see if I'd get hit in the face" before taking action.

Selina Todd, modern history professor at St Hilda's College, said members of staff accompanied her to lectures after learning of threats on social media.

Prof Todd has now warned against shutting down debates.

The University of Oxford said it did not comment on individual arrangements.

The academic told BBC Radio 4's Today programme she felt "vulnerable" having previously experienced hostility from some academics and students.

Prof Todd said the threats come from some campaigners who believe her views on the need to protect women's spaces, such as single-sex refuges, from people who self-identify as women but are anatomically male are unacceptable.
https://www.bbc.com/news/education-5124 … ting-story

Do the rights of 'transgender' men who want to use women's lavatories trump the rights of women not to have men in their lavatories?

Is it OK to threaten violence against people who think it should be discussed?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2020-01-25 23:04:38)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Well it's a good gauge on how relevant a movie is to I don't know...humanity? The gay movie made only $40,000,000. I am going to guess most of those people who saw it were pretty gay.

Have you ever even heard of the movie before I brought it up? Do you think people will remember it in 10 years?

Comic book movies are profitable. They would win in a lot of categories if you just go purely off box office. Movies like Avatar and Force Awakens also performed well at the box office despite exhaustively discussed flaws. You might as well not even hold a ceremony doling out awards based on any other merit.
uziq
+492|3422
by the way what’s wrong with jews in italy? most of the renaissance was funded by jews in italy. that’s where the concept of a bank even comes from. and mussolini protected italian jews and refused to extradite them — he considered them part of italy’s antiquity.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-26 00:16:34)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Do the rights of 'transgender' men who want to use women's lavatories trump the rights of women not to have men in their lavatories?

People keep demanding black and white solutions, but it's more complicated. People all have different fears, tolerances, and preferences. I'm not going to bar anyone from entry to the men's room if they need to take a leak. It's probably more common for entry to women's restrooms to be intervened with. Some people seem convinced that transwomen undergo MTF hormone treatment, and all the psychiatric, medicinal, surgical, social, etc. costs involved just to go eyeball women in the john. That makes zero sense to me.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

i haven’t seen the movie but it was about as successful as a small budget ‘art’ film gets over here. it’s widely viewed as a ‘crossover’ into hollywood scale and storytelling. it’s an adaptation of a bestseller ffs.

don’t advertise your ignorance. grown adults in europe don’t obsess over comic books.

it’s also funny that people get pissed when their fandom doesn’t receive its laurels, but no one talks about how the academy or awards bodies are ‘corrupt’ when utter shite like Joker cleans up in well-contested fields. let’s just admit you like your culture pre-chewed.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-26 00:24:05)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

40 million is very respectable.

e:

via The Numbers:

titleproduction budgetww box officebo:bud
Call Me by Your Name (2017)$3,500,000$41,617,71711.89
Logan$127,000,000$615,461,3944.87

cmbyn made out very well.
uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

People keep demanding black and white solutions, but it's more complicated. People all have different fears, tolerances, and preferences. I'm not going to bar anyone from entry to the men's room if they need to take a leak. It's probably more common for entry to women's restrooms to be intervened with. Some people seem convinced that transwomen undergo MTF hormone treatment, and all the psychiatric, medicinal, surgical, social, etc. costs involved just to go eyeball women in the john. That makes zero sense to me.
imagine being a man near his 50s who hasn’t troubled a university campus since his undergraduate years, still becoming incensed about the back-and-forth melodrama of campus politics.

i couldn’t bring myself to care about student politics or campus drama when i was a student, and i certainly don’t give a shit about the ‘controversies’ that affect them now. it’s a bunch of precocious, over-opinionated children trying to work out their personalities and place in the world. some of their causes are going to be narcissistic, some facile, some just fashionable nonsense. they are kids.

imagine getting worked up about that as often as dilbert and other cultural conservatives do. ‘the campuses are hotbeds of cultural marxism!!!’ anyone who remembers the pseud’s nature of student politics, a bunch of people whose voices have only just broken pretending at ‘debate chambers’, can hardly take these fears seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I did a masters a while back and a postgraduate course quite recently, thanks for the interest.

Apparently women don't want men in their lavatories, not even if they have a mental disorder.
But its OK to threaten violence on anyone who says this - Sad!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Dilbert is very concerned about the delicate futures of young people.

Also whether or not you like Cats.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard