unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

i don't think you should get candy on Halloween if you don't have a Halloween costume. These two black kids came to my door and asked for candy without costumes. I asked them where were their costume and they said they go to church and can't celebrate it. So I was like "so you can't celebrate Halloween but you can take our candy?" The kid looked at me confused and then I gave him a piece of candy. I don't think they are even from my town to be honest. I think they came from the town over to take our candy.
Apparently some towns have laws where teens could be fined, jailed, and have a misdemeanor on their record for trick or treating. Even if the some departments deny enforcing them, they're still there. Maybe you should move there and find some crotchety old senior citizen to echo chamber your disdain for today's youth with.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

i don't think you should get candy on Halloween if you don't have a Halloween costume. These two black kids came to my door and asked for candy without costumes. I asked them where were their costume and they said they go to church and can't celebrate it. So I was like "so you can't celebrate Halloween but you can take our candy?" The kid looked at me confused and then I gave him a piece of candy. I don't think they are even from my town to be honest. I think they came from the town over to take our candy.
Apparently some towns have laws where teens could be fined, jailed, and have a misdemeanor on their record for trick or treating. Even if the some departments deny enforcing them, they're still there. Maybe you should move there and find some crotchety old senior citizen to echo chamber your disdain for today's youth with.
My town started a neighborhood watch. I was thinking about joining and helping turn the city into a police state.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

You're becoming like a sadder and angrier version of Uncle Ruckus.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I find that comparison offensive. I have just much venom for white people as I do black. I just don't go into here since it wouldn't go over well.
uziq
+492|3422
like the guy he occasionally has to swipe past on his way towards matching with another developmentally disabled woman on tinder, macbeth gets disproportionately riled by the several calendar days a year where people do things he doesn’t find fun™️
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
My favorite holiday is Christmas. I really enjoy getting my family nice gifts.
uziq
+492|3422
like a murdered pet?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

lol
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So I haven't always been the best relative. I am trying to be better. As Jesus said, there is forgiveness for everyone.
uziq
+492|3422
i think you'd give jesus a bit of a giggle, macbeth.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I want to be this guy next Halloween

https://gfycat.com/secondarydefenselessamazontreeboa
uziq
+492|3422
hey dilbert you like memes now don't you?

https://i.imgur.com/xRm4bEW.jpg

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 11:25:44)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Example on on the left, cert collectors. Dry material, soon obsolete. Lots of flash cards involved.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
At least the STEM student has a future.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
as a school shooter or a wage cuck, you mean? enjoy being automated.

i love museums and galleries!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Museums and galleries are in the past now, just like libraries.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ … -novelists
Enjoy

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-11-14 15:11:35)

uziq
+492|3422
i feel really sorry for anyone that thinks ANY art can be made by AI. the entire point of art is that is expresses something slightly ineffable about humanity. you look at art because in some way it gives you a window into another human being's complex interior world, and in so doing it broadens and enriches your own.

if you think a 'novel' is just a technical process of putting 120,000 words together in a syntactical and logical progression, with something amounting to a plot and a few characters standing in as object x, y and z in a formula, then you are reading very very very shitty novels.

what was it wittgenstein said? 'if a lion could speak, we could not understand him'? ...

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 15:22:53)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You probably think designing and building an artefact is just a case of choosing the building blocks and pressing a button for a robot to put it together.

Who reads novels these days?
uziq
+492|3422
of course being an engineer or being an architect requires problem solving and creativity. but don't dress it up like STEM majors are all going into jobs where they are constantly having to think abstractly and devise new solutions. they are basically gathering data and doing numerical solutions, whether it be in engineering firms or as actuaries. that shit is gonna get automated. i doubt someone like jay even understands half the math underpinning what he uses in his day-to-day job using matlab or whatever. the future is definitely no brighter for STEM majors than humanities grads on that front.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 15:33:18)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Of course, but don't dress it up like humanities majors are all writing the next War and Peace or chipping away at the next 'David' in their garret.
Mostly they're churning out identikit novellas, choosing phrases for marketing drives or repeating work already done. I'm sure the world needs some more critiques of Chaucer and Game of Thrones clone-books.

I've been in engineering a while and while in engineering academia gathering data is a large part of the work generating new data is far more important,s ame for advanced engineering, its the whole point.
Humanities seem to be mostly trawling and retrawling ancient data to no real purpose. This is why humanities don't seem to have much worth to people involved in STEM.

Humanities graduates are great at criticising the past but its STEM which has been creating the future and actually changing the world for the last 200 years or so.

I like this meme better:

https://pics.awwmemes.com/stem-major-vs-non-stem-major-stem-combover-avoids-eye-contact-40725212.png

Not sure what a patagucci is but I don't think it matters.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-11-14 16:13:24)

uziq
+492|3422
confusing that you think humanities grads get jobs actually creating art. people go to art school for that. not humanities at university.

science = new knowledge, research, application
logic+math is the bridge (plus language, grammar, rhetoric as corollaries)
humanities = wisdom, reflection, ethics, speculation

wow it's almost like you've realised what the university is all about!!! those damn humanities students and their lack of GENERATING NEW DATA ...

it would make sense that a person who went to a science-only school credulously thinks that the STEM students are the ones who are in shape and socially outgoing. rofl

i've only got one thing to say to that m8

pretty sure humanities chads never have to pay women to have sex with them and keep them company, DILBERT

btw i think a 'patagucci' is a slang term for an item of patagonia clothing, which is an outdoors brand which has been yuuuuuuge with hipsters who live in bohemian inner-city neighbourhoods and never go hiking for several years now. see also napapijri, arc'teryx, fjallraven, etc. in terms of fashion i would say its off the mark, STEM guys wear poorly fitting 'straight' cut clothes and things like Colombia windbreakers. patagonia is very hipster in comparison.

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 16:14:44)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
science = new knowledge, research, application
logic+math is the bridge (plus language, grammar, rhetoric as corollaries)
humanitiesAlready included in the first two = wisdom, reflection, ethics, speculation
uziq
+492|3422
except there is basically no ethics or reflection in STEM at all. it almost always goes to lawyers trained in ... humanities ... or philosophy departments to wiggle out the questions in academic journals. AI, biotech, etc. are all hot topics in stanford humanities departments. if scientific research was integrated with ethics and philosophy, we'd never have nuclear bombs and scientists wouldn't have been handmaidens to the military throughout history. chlorine and mustard gas, biological warfare, nukes ... yeah a real ethical discipline over there.

pure sciences never ask the 'why' part of developing new knowledge or technologies. they observe and describe, and induce from there. what, how questions. there's never some reflective scientist chap putting away his nobel prize pet ambition and saying, 'wait, why the hell do we even need this anyway? does it enrich human life?'

i'll grant that applied sciences involve some everyday thinking about those issues. like, for instance, engineering 'speculation' and 'ethics': hm, can i patent this? can i make money out of this? will this get me a prize?

at lest oppenheimer was well-read in world literatures. it gave him a conscience. and feynman! he played the bongos! so arty and cool

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 16:25:55)

uziq
+492|3422
e t h i c w a v e

https://image.businessinsider.com/5c8c024ef73f5c5a2f7ca262?width=2500&format=jpeg&auto=webp

is it any coincidence that most leading STEM grads today are basically misanthropes, edge lords and autists? that libertarianism and ayn rand are so cool amongst STEM people? inhuman and unethical. we need to thin their numbers considerably.

is it just by chance that regimes like china always encourage STEM students, raising more unthinking borgs to blindly further their human hive, and clamp down so fiercely on artists, writers, philosophers and the public intellectuals? who raise questions about value and ethics? make u think

Last edited by uziq (2019-11-14 16:29:41)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard