uziq
+492|3450
uziq
+492|3450
https://twitter.com/rcallimachi/status/ … 3514889216
An SDF commander has confirmed to me that the Ain Issa camp has fallen and all the detainees (a population of thousands that includes ISIS supporters, ISIS relatives and civilians) have fled. “An unbelievable mess,” the commander said.

i mean, what can possibly go wrong with trump's foreign policy? remember all the critiques he made of obama's decisions? rofl
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6103|eXtreme to the maX
Yessss! America gets to continue the War on Terror!

Now Trump has a boogeyman to pull out at his next rally and the Evangelicals can gaze upon the Middle East in flames.

Its win-win and more win.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3450
pretty sure trump has bragged to his rally faithful for the last term about how efficaciously he dealt with ISIS, and how he obliterated them as compared to obama and sorted that problem bigly.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And now he can do it all again.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I am okay with Turkey pushing their Arab refugees back into Syria. Trump made the right move here. He saved Europe a lot of problems.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6706|England. Stoke
eerrr no
uziq
+492|3450

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am okay with Turkey pushing their Arab refugees back into Syria. Trump made the right move here. He saved Europe a lot of problems.
erdogan uses the refugees as leverage and bribe to get his way with europe anyway. really classy. ‘let us annex oil rich areas and have a land grab or we will purposefully destabilise regions and encourage refugees to flood your borders’. class act, murdering children and using mass human suffering as a bargaining chip.

Last edited by uziq (2019-10-25 09:44:50)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
It's not his fault the refugees showed up.
uziq
+492|3450
he is actively making refugees. what are you talking about
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
He's creating internally displaced people. No Kurd is going to refugee into Turkey. They will be Assad's problem.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
So we killed 24 Iranian backed militia in Iraq in retaliation for a rocket attack that killed a U.S. contractor. In response there was a massive riot at the U.S. embassy that resulted in parts of it getting burnt. Someone pointed out in the comment section of a New York Times article that we really haven't learned anything about Iraq if we decided to kill 2 dozen guys. Basically the "Iranian backed militia" are actually just Iraqi citizens and killing them would obviously upset other Iraqis. It's a good point.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump is itching for a war with Iran to assist his re-election and appease Israel, best of luck.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
So Iraq state T.V. is now saying that we blew up the leader of Iran's Revolutionary Guard Corp special forces as well as a militia leader in Baghdad International Airport a few hours ago.

They finally killed the "Shadow Commander"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qasem_Soleimani

The Iranian response is going to be dramatic.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Americans, being egotists, believe killing one person will change things. It never does.
Larssen
+99|1885
This may just be one of the least considered foreign policy decisions I've seen in a very long time and it's absolutely shocking to me. I spent a lot of time working Iraq policy a few years ago and can only say that this move is excruciatingly stupid and will only serve to frustrate western efforts in stabilising that country and rebuilding our political ties. I expect that, ironically, it will only help push Iraq into the arms of Iran.

Soleimani was a popular figure due to his role in organising Shiite resistance against ISIS. The many militias he helped in Iraq (with more than 150.000 members in total) enjoyed wide popular support and have since the defeat of ISIS occupied a problematic but prominent place in Iraq's political landscape and security apparatus. Whether for or against Iranian influence in Iraq, Southern Iraqis held Soleimani in high esteem for his part in the liberation of their country. His murder by US airstrike will not go over well at all in these parts.

The handful of people shown on Fox 'cheering' his death aren't representative at all. Either they are the Sunni support base of ISIS, who would just as likely run into the streets and cheer the death of any US general, or it's an attempt at psy-ops similar to the 'cheering' when Saddam's statue was demolished. Nobody living there is actually keen on seeing more foreign violence on Iraqi soil, least of all more US airstrikes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
At first I was apprehensive about the killing. Trump doesn't have a plan and the Iranians shouldn't be underestimated like we do for all of our enemies. Worst case scenario is we get bogged down in a war in Iran.

Having slept on it I have changed my mind.

America getting bogged down in a war in Iran would be great. Most of our military comes from the Southern and Midwestern states. Trump also has a lot of supporters in the military. Send them overseas to fight in a hopeless war. Further devastate their communities.

I know you guys probably think it's insane that someone would wish their fellow countrymen to become Call of Duty mission inspirations but this is just hard politics. I mean the American right wing shows callous disregard for the poor and it's minorities. Their sin of electing Trump finally drowning them would be just.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

western efforts in stabilising that country and rebuilding our political ties.
Thats never been the objective, its always been to cauldronise the region. This and every other step has been with that intention in mind.

When you understand this it all makes sense, the invasion, fucking off the army but letting them keep their weapons, letting the Shia kill Saddam, allowing the rise of ISIS, alternately supporting and undermining the Kurds, now provoking the Iranians.

Its to keep the whole region reeling and in chaos.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

At first I was apprehensive about the killing. Trump doesn't have a plan and the Iranians shouldn't be underestimated like we do for all of our enemies. Worst case scenario is we get bogged down in a war in Iran.

Having slept on it I have changed my mind.

America getting bogged down in a war in Iran would be great. Most of our military comes from the Southern and Midwestern states. Trump also has a lot of supporters in the military. Send them overseas to fight in a hopeless war. Further devastate their communities.

I know you guys probably think it's insane that someone would wish their fellow countrymen to become Call of Duty mission inspirations but this is just hard politics. I mean the American right wing shows callous disregard for the poor and it's minorities. Their sin of electing Trump finally drowning them would be just.
None of this will happen, either Trump will nuke them or more likely Israel will nuke them with Trump standing behind them.

I just hope Jebus is in a good mood when he's resurrected, we haven't seen his angry side.
Either way we'll all be getting Armageddon.
Larssen
+99|1885

Dilbert_X wrote:

Larssen wrote:

western efforts in stabilising that country and rebuilding our political ties.
Thats never been the objective, its always been to cauldronise the region. This and every other step has been with that intention in mind.

When you understand this it all makes sense, the invasion, fucking off the army but letting them keep their weapons, letting the Shia kill Saddam, allowing the rise of ISIS, alternately supporting and undermining the Kurds, now provoking the Iranians.

Its to keep the whole region reeling and in chaos.
It was the objective of the US under Obama, and certainly was the objective of all partner nations, the UN and EU restructuring missions involved in the country. Countless billions have been poured into the country in development aid and to help restructure the security forces to integrate the militias. In a sense Trump did send off a powerful signal here: that he doesn't care for any of that.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I have said multiple times before that we should have just let ISIS keep northern Iraq. We helped the Shiites maintain control of Iraq and its territorial integrity and what do we have to show for it?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Larssen wrote:

It was the objective of the US under Obama, and certainly was the objective of all partner nations, the UN and EU restructuring missions involved in the country.
Well hopefully all the other countries, and the Kurds, have learned a valuable lesson - never get involved in 'nation-building' with America.

Countless billions have been poured into the country in development aid and to help restructure the security forces to integrate the militias. In a sense Trump did send off a powerful signal here: that he doesn't care for any of that.
A lot of that was directed straight back to US corporations.
uziq
+492|3450
america is behaving like a global bully, it's fairly transparent, the era of a reluctant 'world policing' america stepping up to shelter everyone else is thoroughly over.

america is no longer making the world safer, it's doing the complete opposite (that goes for all the pally soft-legitimation of putin, kim jong, etc too).

assassinating state leaders is not the practice of a legitimate state, it's what despotic regimes do whilst flicking their thumb at the UN and norms of international law.

threatening to blow 52 sites to holy hell, including 'important cultural sites', has no strategic legitimacy whatsoever; it's just pure bellicosity, a leering threat, a 'fuck you, we're going to do what we want and there's nothing you can do about it -- not without hastening your own destruction, anyway'.

not that we really expected anything else from trump-era america, but at least in 2020 we are looking at the power struggles in the ME with new eyes. that the UK is playing obeisant handmaiden to the US is depressing. it'll be interesting to see how NATO/EU relations continue when the european states obviously have no appetite for another 10 years of disastrous conflict and american chauvinism, least of all with a 'foe' who have been fairly cooperative and not posed any terrorist threat to europe.

it's unfortunate that history is repeating itself, not only in trump doing exactly what he accused obama of planning (i.e. using iran as an election power-play), but in the fact that iran is being dragged into high presidential politics again merely as a checker piece for republican-democrat angling (hostage crisis?)

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-05 07:13:48)

uziq
+492|3450
on the plus side, the commander-in-chief is a draft dodger of such well-established ability and repute that saying ‘fuck that’ is no longer conscientious objecting but patriotism.

thousands of people have turned up in the streets for soleimani's funeral in ahvaz, a city that is reportedly normally 'restive' and not a hotbed of radicalism. several orders of magnitude more people have turned up for this guy's funeral than turned up for trump's inauguration. he has unleashed a total shitfuck.

how are US media covering and spinning this? these ordinary citizens are not there because they are inspired by terrorist fervor, or coerced by a horrible repressive state. these are mainstream iranians. these people were lighting candles and weeping for dead americans on 9/11.

Last edited by uziq (2020-01-05 07:15:52)

uziq
+492|3450
iraq just voted to expel america from the country, with a majority in parliament. which is about the same thing as saying iraq is now a vassal state for iran (maliki was firmly under the thumb of soleimani).

thread closed. america you lost.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard