uziq
+492|3441
war man that's called 'semantics' and it doesn't shed that much light here.

it's a bit like pointing out that all 'aryan supremacy' people are technically supporting indians and iranis because that's, uh, where aryan roots actually come from.

Last edited by uziq (2019-10-03 14:39:13)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6698|England. Stoke
The levels of dumb refuse to subside.
uziq
+492|3441
wonder how republican trump tards defend his current record on ukraine and now kurdistan. ukrainians and now kurds are dying because of his selfish and quixotic foreign policy. abandoning your allies in a flash and being spotted with the president of turkey outside one of your hotels the next minute ... stay classy, america.

do trump supporters genuinely see the republican party as anything more than a vehicle for venal self-interest, and, more specifically, one man’s narcissistic megalomania? like are there even any guiding principles or ideals left in this vote anymore? the guy clearly doesn’t care if he has to send love letters to tyrants/dictators or let innocent people die, so long as it accords with his short-term gain at any given moment.

quick, talk about the MSM or ‘crooked hillary’ again before you have to examine your own moral consciences.

Last edited by uziq (2019-10-07 11:51:12)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6094|eXtreme to the maX
However you are neither a very stable genius nor do you possess great and unmatched wisdom.

I'd peg the corruption of the Republican party on the time of Reagan, a weak President surrounded and manipulated by corrupt self-serving cronies.
Although the US democratic system does promote corruption and self-interest, thats how the founders wrote it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3441
what the hell does a 'very stable genius' mean? what relevance does that have to anything?

you'd pin the republican corruption thing on reagan and not, oh, i don't know, nixon? y'know, the only modern president with a comparable scandal? you're very far from an elementary historian, never mind stable genius.

some of your 'insults' really come from so far out of left-field that i have no idea what you're on about.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Nixon was one corrupt individual, now the entire Republican party is provably corrupt.

https://amp.businessinsider.com/images/5c1bb30c519b151f200128f7-480-274.jpg
https://i.chzbgr.com/full/9112761600/hDFB49879/
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGTHKsAU0AAmKU1.jpg

You're not up to speed with the zeitgeist.
uziq
+492|3441
lollll i had never heard that one. amazing. +1
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The US President is unhinged. Sad!
uziq
+492|3441
i actually love how confused and put out i was by that comment, not knowing it was unattributed trump. and this is really how the leader of the free world talks on a daily basis. and he has followers. lmfao
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trump is well beyond the point of being delusional, apparently people in his inner circle are seriously concerned he's going senile.
An obese nut who lives on junk food and takes no exercise is predisposed to dementia.

As I understand it his rally speeches are rambling gibberish and journalists are doing him a big favour parsing it into a comprehensible form.

I still half hope the whole thing was a troll act, but I think we're all going to be disappointed.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-10-08 01:24:17)

uziq
+492|3441
i read an article recently where a reporter, australian i think, was at some big international summit whilst trump was talking ... and she was absolutely shocked at just how nonsensical and rambling trump's speech was. the american press corps essentially do parse and edit together his 'message' now as if automatically; it's par for the course. we're somehow all become inured to the american president being a senile uncle.

huffpo link, i know, but top result on my phone and i'm at work.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-fo … 7256b80412

Last edited by uziq (2019-10-08 02:04:48)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Trump got more votes than McCain and Romney by genuinely bringing out low education white voters in higher numbers. Maybe that is just the way they think and talk. Scattered, confused, and incomplete thoughts just makes sense to them in a way we miss.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3441
you know you're in deep shit when the aussies start impugning your eloquence. rumbled by a bunch of convicts, miners and incestuous ranchers. not a land known for its fine filigrees.
uziq
+492|3441
people are surely going to look back on the obama era as a relative golden era compared to trump and what follows.

can you imagine trump sitting down in his presidential role and doing something like this?
https://time.com/4070236/president-obam … interview/

having an hour-long, patient, nuanced, considered conversation with a theologian/writer about the civic culture of the country? could you imagine trump even stringing together a coherent sentence in the company of a learned interlocutor? no sensationalism, no ranting and raving, not even any self-involvement or self-aggrandisement. just intelligent talk about highly complex topics, demanding of attention.

western democracies are tipping into oblivion and too many people think they are being smartarses or cynical genii by hooting and clapping about it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://consequenceofsound.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/screen-shot-2016-08-22-at-11-54-59-am.png?w=807
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Obama was in all seriousness the best post Cold War president we have had. He didn't preside over a recession and start decades of middle eastern wars like H.W. Bush. He didn't have the scandals of Clinton or dismantle the social safety net like Bill C. did. He didn't start two failed wars like G.W.B. or start the worse recession in the last 80 years.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
He could have done more, thats all you can say really.
uziq
+492|3441
hardly, he was gimped by bipartisan standoffs for half his time in office.
Larssen
+99|1876

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Obama was in all seriousness the best post Cold War president we have had. He didn't preside over a recession and start decades of middle eastern wars like H.W. Bush. He didn't have the scandals of Clinton or dismantle the social safety net like Bill C. did. He didn't start two failed wars like G.W.B. or start the worse recession in the last 80 years.
For all his strong points the way the withdrawal from Iraq was handled was a massive foreign policy failure on his part. I also wasn't a fan of the expansion of the drone war in the Afghan-Pakistani border region, or the huge influx of private contractors to mask troop draw-downs. Though I'm sure the latter two policies resulted from his disinterest in these issues and creativity on the part of Generals. He hadn't spoken to McChrystal once during his year-long tenure as ISAF commander which is pretty telling.

disclaimer: mcchrystal is a moron but that isn't relevant to the point. Actually it would've made Obama's involvement more pertinent.

As for the situation with the Kurds, their relationship with Turkey/NATO/the West/the US has always been... very complicated. There are various Kurdish factions and not all of them enjoy our support. Western countries have always tried to carefully navigate this terrain without compromising the relationship with Turkey too much. However, the Kurds have been instrumental allies through several decades of conflicts in the Middle East and broadly enjoyed some sort of protection from Turkish/Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian aggression because of their cooperation with the West. That relationship goes back at least thirty if not forty+ years. Positive relations with the UK go back as far as world war 1.

Trump has effectively pulled the rug out from under the Kurds through his withdrawal and the damage that is now done to that relationship is irreparable. It's absolutely shocking. His statement today that the Kurds 'didn't help in Normandy' is fucking incredible. On the flipside though, European countries again sit by meekly as a foreign policy disaster unfolds, unable to really do anything because of their free-riding on American military capabilities and internal factionalism preventing the possibility of any meaningful interventionism outside of the EU's borders.

Last edited by Larssen (2019-10-10 03:30:51)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708

Larssen wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

For all his strong points the way the withdrawal from Iraq was handled was a massive foreign policy failure on his part. I also wasn't a fan of the expansion of the drone war in the Afghan-Pakistani border region, or the huge influx of private contractors to mask troop draw-downs. Though I'm sure the latter two policies resulted from his disinterest in these issues and creativity on the part of Generals. He hadn't spoken to McChrystal once during his year-long tenure as ISAF commander which is pretty telling.

disclaimer: mcchrystal is a moron but that isn't relevant to the point. Actually it would've made Obama's involvement more pertinent.

As for the situation with the Kurds, their relationship with Turkey/NATO/the West/the US has always been... very complicated. There are various Kurdish factions and not all of them enjoy our support. Western countries have always tried to carefully navigate this terrain without compromising the relationship with Turkey too much. However, the Kurds have been instrumental allies through several decades of conflicts in the Middle East and broadly enjoyed some sort of protection from Turkish/Iranian/Iraqi/Syrian aggression because of their cooperation with the West. That relationship goes back at least thirty if not forty+ years. Positive relations with the UK go back as far as world war 1.

Trump has effectively pulled the rug out from under the Kurds through his withdrawal and the damage that is now done to that relationship is irreparable. It's absolutely shocking. His statement today that the Kurds 'didn't help in Normandy' is fucking incredible. On the flipside though, European countries again sit by meekly as a foreign policy disaster unfolds, unable to really do anything because of their free-riding on American military capabilities and internal factionalism preventing the possibility of any meaningful interventionism outside of the EU's borders.
1. The agreement to remove troops from Afghanistan was made by Bush. Obama followed through with it and something like 75% of Americans agreed with it. Even after ISIS took over northern Iraq most Americans supported the 2011 pullout.

2. Most Americans are also exhausted dealing with the Muslims issues in the Middle East. Letting Turkey do its thing is probably more popular than people in the media want you think.

3. Our relation with the Kurds wasn't completely lopsided in our favor anyway. If we didn't show up, all of Rojava would be part of the Islamic State Caliphate and their amazing women fighters would be sex slaves. The fact that they couldn't find a way to placate the Turks before we got bored of the whole thing is on them.
uziq
+492|3441
it's still a source of endless amazement to me how much political and conspiratorial capital trump followers got out of hillary's email server, and then trump literally had money being funnelled to his campaign covertly and illegally by people called 'lev' and 'igor'.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/853cb80c6ec32a12812e7d491b08e67ef9b3dd49/20_14_1959_971/master/1959.jpg?width=380&quality=45&auto=format&fit=max&dpr=2&s=a41420981a54933b4e6ea03e80e70b08

but remember crooked hillary guys!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Listening to the Cory Booker CNN townhall. The guy is such an obvious closet case that is frankly disturbing seeing him walk around and try to pretend to be normal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

it's still a source of endless amazement to me how much political and conspiratorial capital trump followers got out of hillary's email server, and then trump literally had money being funnelled to his campaign covertly and illegally by people called 'lev' and 'igor'.

Its OK to use any means to counter evil, including evil.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Fake News! Trump never met these guys and doesn't know them.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/921bb6c1d0c7e06e4c6ea2b208efa431?width=1024

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/dddbb11d0dd2ad738e47f98dd5795c27?width=1024

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard