Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

its fucking crazy that in 2019, what passes for political discourse is debating whether the president telling American citizens to "go back to where you came" is racist or not.  And there's actual video footage of people doing the mental calculations!
It is especially annoying when people from different races, religions and cultures are allowed in as refugees - for their safety - and they start ranting about how their new host nation has to change to match the shithole they just escaped from.

It wouldn't be racist for an American to tell a European to shut up and go home but apparently it is if they're non-European.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-07-18 20:05:43)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
a person from a different culture can criticise their host nation out of love for the abiding ideals that forged that nation. she is calling out america for falling short of its proclaimed ideals. you see a brown woman complaining and you get pissy. you are pathetic.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

its fucking crazy that in 2019, what passes for political discourse is debating whether the president telling American citizens to "go back to where you came" is racist or not.  And there's actual video footage of people doing the mental calculations!
It is especially annoying when people from different races, religions and cultures are allowed in as refugees - for their safety - and they start ranting about how their new host nation has to change to match the shithole they just escaped from.

It wouldn't be racist for an American to tell a European to shut up and go home but apparently it is if they're non-European.
one of those people was a naturalized citizen. All the rest were born here.

But it's not annoying when people from the same race or religion or culture does it, right?  You fucking turd.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Of course its annoying, dur, telling white people they're idiots and need to shut up isn't racist, but saying the same thing to brown people is apparently.

Once again you missed the point and failed in basic reading comprehension, you fucking dumbass.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-07-19 22:00:06)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
For lecturing on reading comprehension, you sure picked the wrong horse in this circumstance. Telling brown people to go back where they came from when all but 1 are natives of your country does not fit what you were describing.
uziq
+492|3422
let's not get all sophist about it. dilbert doesn't like brown people criticising white culture in any way. apparently you're not allowed to criticise or expect more of your naturalised home country if your descendants aren't from there. unless, of course, they're irish or italian descendants. then that's probably okay. dilbert gets riled when anyone criticises his monolithic interpretation of 'whiteness' or 'european civilisation'.

Last edited by uziq (2019-07-20 07:22:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No-one is paying attention clearly

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Brown people get told "go back to where you came from" over everyday things like disputes over a parking space or a cashier not accepting a coupon. It's not something you get told only when you criticize the country you live in. In 9th grade I was told by a trashy white girl to "go back to Egypt" after gym class. She wasn't upset that I criticized the Iraq War or something. She wanted to send me to Egypt because I opened a door she was standing next to before the bell and it was cold outside.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

No-one is paying attention clearly

‘go home’ is used as a racist phrase all the time. ‘fuck off back to where you came from’. the whole rhetoric of sending people home is nationalist-nativist to its core and exclusionary; it’s not dog whistle racism, it’s clarion bell racism. you are yet again being obtuse and stupid and accusing people of special pleading.

Last edited by uziq (2019-07-20 10:14:16)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Oh look Dilbert being a racist, obtuse, contrarian, shocker.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Majority races and cultures don't like being lectured by minority races and cultures, who knew?
Try it in China, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Japan, Israel etc and see how quickly you're put on a plane or in a gulag, or get a bullet.
People are expected to shut up and fit in. Thats how the majority think, why America has Trump as President and why he's massaging his base.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Trump lost the election by 3 million votes. The black guy we had from 2008 to 2016 was able to win over 50% of the vote twice unlike Bush 2 or Trump. If we had a parliamentary system democrats would have controlled 12 of the last 19 years.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Majority races and cultures don't like being lectured by minority races and cultures, who knew?
Try it in China, Saudi Arabia, Africa, Japan, Israel etc and see how quickly you're put on a plane or in a gulag, or get a bullet.
People are expected to shut up and fit in. Thats how the majority think, why America has Trump as President and why he's massaging his base.
cute theory but utterly irrelevant in the west since about 1930 – and we’ve been all the better for it. trump is a recrudescence, the expression of a base impulse, not something to be winked at and celebrated. democracy doesn’t have to be populist.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't think I've celebrated Trump, he's not a genius like Boris Johnson.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
That whole Mueller thing was a dud as I anticipated. Liberals are just going to have to get rid of Trump through electoral means which is the right way and easier than many think.
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 … anon-trump

A pro-Trump Republican candidate for Congress who is aiming to unseat Ilhan Omar in Minnesota has been charged with a felony after allegedly stealing from stores.

Danielle Stella was arrested twice this year in Minneapolis suburbs over allegations that she shoplifted items worth more than $2,300 from a Target and goods valued at $40 from a grocery store. She said she denied the allegations.

Stella, a 31-year-old special education teacher, was reported this week to be a supporter of the baseless “QAnon” conspiracy theory about Donald Trump battling a global cabal of elite liberal paedophiles.
there's a video of her taking to the stage at a rally. she seems more 'special needs' than 'special ed teacher'.

Last edited by uziq (2019-07-27 04:52:43)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
holy shit you weren't kidding. lol

Interesting note: special needs teachers make more money than regular teachers.
uziq
+492|3422
and you criticised ilhan omar for her enunciation? lol.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I wouldn't vote this lady either. I vote straight D every time anyway. As much as I dislike some people I am not dumb enough to vote away my economic wellbeing.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Warren and Sanders are noticeably more alert and active than Biden. I am still afraid of one of them having a stroke on stage but not so much as leaders?

I found it somewhat amusing how all of the older obscure small state white guys spent the first debate trying to convince potential voters that we couldn't do anything to expand healthcare because it would lose moderates. Republicans moved to the far right but we need to still meet them in the new middle they made.
uziq
+492|3422
it's the same here in the uk/europe. the right wing are really changing the terrain and terms of debate.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It's particularly frustrating in the U.S. I don't know what is going on on the ground in the U.K. but I do know that Trump and the Republicans consistently get less total votes and American culture is moving to a place that is even making me feel old and behind. The American right barely wins on technicalities for opportunities to rule over a culture that hates them.
Larssen
+99|1857

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Warren and Sanders are noticeably more alert and active than Biden. I am still afraid of one of them having a stroke on stage but not so much as leaders?

I found it somewhat amusing how all of the older obscure small state white guys spent the first debate trying to convince potential voters that we couldn't do anything to expand healthcare because it would lose moderates. Republicans moved to the far right but we need to still meet them in the new middle they made.
Well it's reasonable. The others seem to have the 'let's double down on what made us lose last election' tactic.

Also, If Biden wins the primary I predict 4 more years of Trump.

uziq wrote:

it's the same here in the uk/europe. the right wing are really changing the terrain and terms of debate.
Mostly different issues and talking points though. The far right in mainland Europe is mostly one issue. One very big annoyingly popular issue, but one issue.

Last edited by Larssen (2019-08-01 09:57:17)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

the overton window has been moving right in the US for the last 50 years.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

holy shit you weren't kidding. lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tg8PYhy10yg
Interesting note: special needs teachers make more money than regular teachers.
You can almost perfectly visualize her mental gears slipping when asked what the worst thing it is that President Trump has done.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard