SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

I think macbeth honestly thinks he's doing a service by regurgitating forwards from grandma-level takes here as if it will allow us to move the debate along.

macbeth you should go back to your country!
No, I listened to the her talking in the rebuttal press conference the ladies had. When I first read what Trump said it did make me angry since I have been told to "go back to Egypt" by white trash before. I always assumed that opposition to the lady was just because she was a mouthy black Muslim. I expected her to sound like Nicki Minaj. But instead we get this

She mispronounces words and stresses certain syllables and comes off as aggressively foreign. She is struggling to read the damn paper.

It's a major difference from how Congress Bae talks and I can see how people feel some sort of way about it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I don't get why you're leaning on that so hard. She stumbles here and there, but I don't have a problem understanding her, especially compared with some English-as-a-first-language folks who can barely break out of an incomprehensible mumble.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

the opposition is because she is a mouthy black muslim. Don't try to pretend it's anything but that.

AOC misspeaks and mispronounces words all the time - if you've watched her at length (whether in her speeches/public addresses or her social media engagement where she cooks at home), you'd know that. But she is pretty and Puerto Rican and flaunts her femininity, and Ilhan doesn't, so you are willing to see past it.

Macbeth the reactionary.  Whodathunk?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Why were you watching her cook at home?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

my little bro is infatuated with her, for both her politics and her looks. She does either instagram live or facebook live or periscope (or whatever it's called, not sure) where she cooks at home and interacts with her viewers. She'll talk about politics, relate it to what she's cooking, or just generally shoot the shit with her viewers. I've watched enough of her talking to know she's not a polished public speaker - not that i expect her to be.

You should probably subscribe to her live video feed on whatever platform she does it on. I'm guessing someone like you would love being able to spam her with messages in real time about how you'd like to drink her bath water.
uziq
+492|3422
AOC is really not that good looking. i don't know why people are distracted by her looks. her politics are plenty interesting enough.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i don't think it's hard to understand why people are distracted by, or focus on her looks - in an arena where the average age is 57, the sex is overwhelmingly male and the majority race is white, a 29 year old latina is bound to cause some attention.  She's different- almost exotic to a large chunk of the US voting population.

White conservative males are fixated on sex, and control of sexual reproduction of females especially. Whether it's control of consent, control of outcomes or the general view of women as purely sexual objects, according to many conservatives (especially religious ones), men rule the sexual agency of women.  In that regard, they can't look at AOC without putting it through a sexual lens first.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin
Tulsi Gabbard is a hell of a lot more attractive than AOC. AOC just doesn't look attractive to me.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

War Man wrote:

Tulsi Gabbard is a hell of a lot more attractive than AOC. AOC just doesn't look attractive to me.
Hard no.
https://d279m997dpfwgl.cloudfront.net/wp/2019/07/0708_gabbard-01-1000x666.jpg

She has visible acne scars
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Mouthy black muslims are annoying, the remainder are just non-white so apart from racism and normal anti-democrat paranoia I don't see an issue.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
You can definitely tell she's a freshman rep. She doesn't speak like the multi-term politicians do (yet, though hopefully that takes some time). She does look kinda weird, but luckily that's not a prereq for the job. There are A LOT of weird looking people in Congress who don't get media attention though. Have a look sometime.
War Man

SuperJail Warden wrote:

War Man wrote:

Hard no.

She has visible acne scars
She's fine
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
She's cute, I like her
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2a/Tulsi_Gabbard%2C_official_portrait%2C_113th_Congress.jpg/1200px-Tulsi_Gabbard%2C_official_portrait%2C_113th_Congress.jpg
But was she really born in American Samoa?????

And isn't she a Hindu which is really muslim?????

And isn't Tulsi an anagram of I SLUT?????

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-07-16 19:51:39)

uziq
+492|3422
you guys are all sad as fuck. discussing politicians in terms of their looks. of all the women in the world you've gotta undress politicians with your eyes? go get laid ffs. politicians are not sexy people.
War Man

uziq wrote:

you guys are all sad as fuck. discussing politicians in terms of their looks. of all the women in the world you've gotta undress politicians with your eyes? go get laid ffs. politicians are not sexy people.
I didn't undress politicians, I've only focused on their faces. And I didn't start the conversation, just was making a point I don't find AOC attractive.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

War Man wrote:

uziq wrote:

I didn't undress politicians, I've only focused on their faces. And I didn't start the conversation, just was making a point I don't find AOC attractive.
you know you'd fuck her in a second if she gave you any type of chance.
War Man

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

War Man wrote:

uziq wrote:

you know you'd fuck her in a second if she gave you any type of chance.
She's married, so no.
uziq
+492|3422
aw, some of those old-fashioned home schooling morals
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

uziq wrote:

aw, some of those old-fashioned home schooling morals
I think not wanting to be party to cheating is a redeeming value. Or maybe it's just lip service.
uziq
+492|3422
he’s grown into such a fine young man.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

CNN's panel with a bunch of Republican voters on whether or not the "go back to where you came from" comment was racist.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

I wonder whatever became of the class action suit against CNN for racial discrimination.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

its fucking crazy that in 2019, what passes for political discourse is debating whether the president telling American citizens to "go back to where you came" is racist or not.  And there's actual video footage of people doing the mental calculations!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.imgur.com/w0v9GbI.png

Stay classy America
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
His face almost looks thin in that picture.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard