uziq
+492|3422
i'd say average local bristolian cider, i.e. heart of cider-drinking country, is 7.5-8.3% ABV. but that's hardly the most important factor. you're not triple distilling a spirit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
When you go the bar, how do you like your beer? I really hate drinking out of bottles so I always ask for a glass to put my drinks in. Much easier to gulp beer down in a glass instead of bottle.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
people don't really ever drink out of bottles at a pub/bar here. it is pint glasses or 2/3rd measures for heavier fare or craft beers.

only occasion i ever really have a bottle is when i'm drinking outside or at a club.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

depends on the bar.  Sometimes bars in the US don't do a good job of cleaning their tap lines out and it reflects in the beer taste.  If the draft beer tastes like shit, ill order a bottle.

I've been really getting in to lagers lately.  Give me some suggestions.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
This is why I don't buy boutique beers from small bars unless its straight from the keg.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I've recently purchased a case of a winter porter and also received a pint glass as a gift this Chrimbo. For the fuck of it, I broke it out and used it the last time I had one. I'm still more partial to the bottle, but if I chilled the glass, I could go for it. I do enjoy being able to see the color and the head when I pour it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I like not drinking from something that has bird-shit and rat-piss on it, and may have been washed at some point in the last month.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
To what are you referring?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Bottles sitting around in a warehouse
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Bottles sitting around in a warehouse
Or bottles bottled in a bottling plant.
uziq
+492|3422
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Researchers at Granada University in Spain found this Nobel Prize-worthy discovery after months of testing 25 student subjects, who were asked to run on a treadmill in grueling temps (104 degrees F) until they were as close to exhaustion as possible. Half were given water to drink, and the other half drank two pints of Spanish lager. Then the godly researchers measured their hydration levels, motor skills, and concentration ability.

They determined that the beer drinkers had "slightly better" rehydration effects, which researchers attribute to sugars, salts, and bubbles in beer enhancing the body's ability to absorb water. The carbohydrates in beer also help refill calorie deficits.
https://www.backpacker.com/news-and-eve … than-water
uziq
+492|3422
it's true, if you're dying in the desert then alcohol is probably good for you. similarly, if you're a peasant in medieval ireland and can't find potable water anywhere that won't give you dysentery and a painful death, whisky is decent, too.

you do know cocaine has medicinal benefits in special circumstances too, right? heroin, as well. crazy!!!!

meanwhile your drug of choice seems to be creating massive public health crises in many advanced western countries.

Last edited by uziq (2019-07-04 01:11:16)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Beer is better than water for hydration after exercise apparently, something I've always known.

Maybe people would be better off on crack cocaine or crystal meth - please report back.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
If you remove the alcohol from the beer and kept the sugar, salt, and carbon, wouldn't it be even better? In that case wouldn't it be best to drink some Gatorade rather than water or beer?
uziq
+492|3422
yeah it hardly seems like a scientific breakthrough to identify that a drink full of sugar and salt can prove more effective at rehydrating someone in extreme circumstances.

it's surely not better 'after exercise' as it's full of empty calories -- slightly counter-productive if, you know, you're exercising to control your weight.

shame about the addictive poison part, eh.

Maybe people would be better off on crack cocaine or crystal meth - please report back.
i don't think anyone is ever going to make claims for the medicinal benefits of crack or crystal meth. they are undoubtedly Bad. but are they '1 in 5 people in a hospital bed' levels of bad? i don't think the crack epidemic in the 1980s was anywhere near those levels. what will it take for you to lose your cognitive dissonance?

Last edited by uziq (2019-07-04 01:44:32)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
80% of people drink, 20% of people in hospital beds are drinkers, sounds like great statistics to me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I would have actually smoked crack the other day at the bar if a stranger offered me some. I have never done that before. I was thinking about this while at the bar. Can't smoke pot right now because of work but crack doesn't hang around in your urine. Whenever I drink to a certain point, I get this huge urge to smoke pot because of how awful drinking is. Drinking is awful. You don't vomit or get hangovers from pot.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

80% of people drink, 20% of people in hospital beds are drinkers, sounds like great statistics to me.
20% of all people hospitalised have problems with drinking that are contributing to their ill-health and poor lifestyle. that's a frightening statistic.

mac, why would you smoke crack? it puts you in a far worse position than a hangover.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

uziq wrote:

mac, why would you smoke crack? it puts you in a far worse position than a hangover.
Does it? It just seemed like a better pair for alcohol than meth which I would have also accepted but have never done. The buzz, taste, delivery, etc of liquor is just so bad that my brains begs me to go get high instead.
uziq
+492|3422
crack is absolutely in the bottom tier of all drugs to try. it's instantly addictive, hugely compulsive, and will rot your teeth out of your head. don't be so stupid. it's like powdered cocaine, which is surely bad enough, cubed.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Whenever I drink to a certain point, I get this huge urge to smoke pot because of how awful drinking is. Drinking is awful. You don't vomit or get hangovers from pot.
Have you tried drinking just champagne? It causes none of these problems.
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert do you actually even drink regularly? champagne gives crushing headaches, it's infamous for it.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Of course he doesn't.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
So what does Yuengling taste like?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard