Announcement

Join us on Discord: https://discord.gg/nf43FxS
Discuss.
uziq
+151|1622
a woman in the UK was recently released pending a re-trial after a court of appeal considered a lifetime of provocation from her abusive and manipulative husband.

seems like a fair reappraisal to me. forty years of being undermined by a chauvinist pig but the law only previously took the 'malicious intent' and responsibility of the crime itself in the moment of committing the actus reus into account.

your 'gay panic' law seems like an archaic inversion of this: i reserve the right to be killed because of my chauvinism!

why are you so afraid of marginalised groups having access to the same power as you?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,603|4276|eXtreme to the maX
I'm not, prescriptive and selective laws are bad laws, if killing someone due to provocation can be justified then a jury should decide on the circumstances, not a politician.

Or we'll have dumb situations where its OK for a woman to kill a man but not vice-versa.
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently
uziq
+151|1622

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are multiple systems working with and against each other, multiple systems triggering warnings, pilots don't get the training and updates so when things go wrong they get overloaded.

Glider pilots, apart from the one who got depressed and smacked an airliner into a mountain, usually make the best commercial pilots.
But then companies like Air France buy into the bullshit and conclude pilots don't even need to know how to fly - just manage the various systems and let the plane fly itself.

ouch. somebody dun goofed for sure. disaster for boeing.

'fixed with a software update'. imagine losing your loved ones because of an avoidable error that was patched in a few lines of code. fuck that.

Last edited by uziq (2019-04-15 12:30:45)

SuperJail Warden
+188|1889
How do you guys feel about Facebook? They probably do deserve to be regulated more. But I feel that a lot of hate they get on Reddit and elsewhere has to do with the fact that those people have no friends or people to talk to on Facebook. You know sour grapes and all that.
uziq
+151|1622
on the contrary, seems to me that the only people really actively using facebook anymore are lonely widows, racist uncles and friendless obsessives.
SuperJail Warden
+188|1889
Fair enough. My students said that no one uses Facebook from their generation. More on Instagram, Snapchat I think the most?

In any case, the maladjusted social media haters hate all of those too due to being extensions of Facebook.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+707|4855|United States of America
Since everyone's parents got on it, it does seem to have been on the downward trajectory. I did always like the format better than Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat, though. I occasionally still post humorous thoughts, but my newsfeed is uninterestingly full of people's children and pets (which probably can't be blamed on the company). Occasionally, I do still use Messenger for group chatting with my friends.
SuperJail Warden
+188|1889
I rather see people's kids and pets than clickbait, memes, and politics.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,603|4276|eXtreme to the maX

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

There are multiple systems working with and against each other, multiple systems triggering warnings, pilots don't get the training and updates so when things go wrong they get overloaded.

Glider pilots, apart from the one who got depressed and smacked an airliner into a mountain, usually make the best commercial pilots.
But then companies like Air France buy into the bullshit and conclude pilots don't even need to know how to fly - just manage the various systems and let the plane fly itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2tuKiiznsY

ouch. somebody dun goofed for sure. disaster for boeing.

'fixed with a software update'. imagine losing your loved ones because of an avoidable error that was patched in a few lines of code. fuck that.
Every engineering error is avoidable, either by being designed out or found in testing.

Whoever wrote that code, and whoever approved it, should be going to jail. But most likely they won't as first of all they won't and secondly its likely a plethora of issues which combined to create the problem.

- The aerodynamics affected the sensor in an unexpected way
- The sensor behaved in an unexpected way
- The software was not designed to expect the unexpected
- The plane fell out of the sky

So whose fault is it really?
Your virus system is infected with windows. Please to be giving me your credit card details urgently

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2019 Jeff Minard