0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6665
I was playing on Surge as Spetznaz, only to come across "pgomer".

I would sometimes drive my armor up the hill near the Command Bunker... only to blow up (instantly) from full health.

"pgomer [ATV] [aBn] 0mikr0n"

The camera centered on the killer, who was in an ATV driving away from the other end of the Command Bunker's backdoor road. Needless to say, this pissed me off. He was also taking down HINDs with his magical ATV and from unarmed civilian cars.

With any other weapon, he sucked. On foot, he would unload an RPK at me standing up and running around wildly. In the air (if you could call it that), he would constantly crash into walls with his helicopter.

His stats show that he only started BF2 literally just two months prior to me. His score-per-minute is 0.8, whereas mine is over 2.0 and I play constantly. His landmine kills are extremely off the charts compared to most other players I've seen. His K/D ratio is also a lot lower than mine and the only two weapons that he has a positive K/D ratio in are sniper rifles (1.1) and AT mines (1.8 WTF!?).

My theory? There's a new hack focusing on ".con" files for vehicles; he most likely modded his .con file to fire AT mines instead of honking the horn, which is pure bullcrap. I find it hard to believe that he has more points than I do with a score-per-minute literally less than half of mine, even if he did start two months prior than I do. The possibility is that he started using this hack recently.

Comments and / or similar stories welcome... I want to get to the bottom of this "instant kill with ATV" bullshit.

Last edited by 0mikr0n (2006-05-12 16:30:50)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6805|Kubra, Damn it!

Interesting. Apparently he got 2000+ kills in a day or two in mid-April...

http://bf2s.com/player/48370176/history/Kills/
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6567|Seattle

OMG I want that!!
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
0mikr0n
Airborne Clan
+19|6665

King_County_Downy wrote:

OMG I want that!!
I hope thats a joke.

But at any rate, I hope PB can put a stop to this hack, seeing as DICE is full of lazy-ass chubby-fingered imbeciles.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6715

I hope all of you are joking, because the guy has a whopping 1300 AT mine kills. When you are in a vehicle and someone runs over an AT mine it says the vehicle name, not [AT Mine]. Hence, you drove over an AT Mine while he was on his ATV. He could have driven behind you, mined you, and driven off, or you could have just run over a hidden mine, or been a bad driver. At any rate, if he got in a stinger, and you drove over an AT Mine, it would say he stinger killed you. Even though it was the mine.

As for his stats showing up as a big jump, you will notice everyones stats during that week were stable (unupdated) and then finally updated when BF2s started working again. Remember when it was down? No stats. Also, EA servers stop updating stats periodically too when they get overloaded as well. The important thing to note is the not only does it show a jump, it shows the time played. OMG he got 2000 kills in 118 hours; how is that possible? I mean if I played 118hours I hope I'd have a lot more then 2k kills.

Just an edit before you wonder how he killed the HIND - mine the helipad, when it spawns whoever gets in goes boom. Once again if he is on his vehicle, most likely driving around the map mining places, then it will say the vehicle killed him.

Last edited by [CANADA]_Zenmaster (2006-05-12 18:51:00)

SaladForks
/ph34r
+129|6551|Eastern USA
Note he has only 40+k pts in almost 1k hours..
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6737|Tenn
wow those stats are so.... bleh
Airwolf
Latter Alcoholic
+287|6689|Scotland
I recommend a hotfix for those mines, it can get really annoying when you suddenly kill someone in armour and you didn't even fire a shot
konfusion
mostly afk
+480|6519|CH/BR - in UK

[CANADA]_Zenmaster wrote:

I hope all of you are joking, because the guy has a whopping 1300 AT mine kills. When you are in a vehicle and someone runs over an AT mine it says the vehicle name, not [AT Mine]. Hence, you drove over an AT Mine while he was on his ATV. He could have driven behind you, mined you, and driven off, or you could have just run over a hidden mine, or been a bad driver. At any rate, if he got in a stinger, and you drove over an AT Mine, it would say he stinger killed you. Even though it was the mine.

As for his stats showing up as a big jump, you will notice everyones stats during that week were stable (unupdated) and then finally updated when BF2s started working again. Remember when it was down? No stats. Also, EA servers stop updating stats periodically too when they get overloaded as well. The important thing to note is the not only does it show a jump, it shows the time played. OMG he got 2000 kills in 118 hours; how is that possible? I mean if I played 118hours I hope I'd have a lot more then 2k kills.

Just an edit before you wonder how he killed the HIND - mine the helipad, when it spawns whoever gets in goes boom. Once again if he is on his vehicle, most likely driving around the map mining places, then it will say the vehicle killed him.
that is weird though...I've been an engineer many times, and though I spent half my time whoring the APC on Warlord, it never said I killed the guy with an APC, it was always the mine that killed them, as in Konfusion0[AT-Mine]randomperson
Anfidurl
Use the bumper, that's what its for!
+103|6562|Lexington, Kentucky
that is weird though...I've been an engineer many times, and though I spent half my time whoring the APC on Warlord, it never said I killed the guy with an APC, it was always the mine that killed them, as in Konfusion0[AT-Mine]randomperson
Ah, and you were on foot, too.
Zenmaster is right, I've often noticed having "Anfidurl [FAV] Someone" instead of "Anfidurl [AT Mine] Someone"
Only thing I could figure is a patch broke it, and it was reporting my current vechile as the weapon.
Kamikaze17
Over the line!
+70|6718|Mark it zero.

Anfidurl wrote:

Ah, and you were on foot, too.
Zenmaster is right, I've often noticed having "Anfidurl [FAV] Someone" instead of "Anfidurl [AT Mine] Someone"
Only thing I could figure is a patch broke it, and it was reporting my current vechile as the weapon.
i believe it was changed after 1.2
Bernadictus
+1,055|6706

chittydog wrote:

No, he earned 2161 points, thats a whole lot different than 2000+ kills (2000 x 2pnts. = 4000 score).

And what is so strange about his AT-Mine kills. This guy has 242+ hours as an engineer.

And about 2000+ kills in 118 hours. I have an average of 350 per 6 hours. lets calculate that.

(118/6)*350  //  19,666666666666666666666666666667*350 = 6883 1/3 kills in 118 hours.
[NTHW]LemonyBrainAid
Karma whore
+27|6592

chittydog wrote:

Along with two bans

http://bf2s.com/player/48370176/history/Bans/
zeropage130
+0|6514
Interesting you say this may have started recently.  According to his ban/kick history, he's suddenly started getting kicked or banned on April 15th.
bulletsinurface
teh 1337 SuXorR
+27|6602|Canada Ontario
sursparxalot
L0n3star
+13|6541|Austin , TX
I have noticed quite often lately, that if you place mines and someone driving FAV/HMMV/etc is driving along and sees them at the last moment they attempt to jump out, yet the vehicle still blows giving you one-four kills, often it will say *sursparxalot[FAV]randomnub*  That could be part of what you are seeing. I am often in vehicles as engineer and it rarely states what vehicle I'm in as someone runs over my mines. More often than not they try to jump out and get blown up.
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6713|Reality
It is as Zenmaster says.
I was flying as sniper to get my sniper time up as well as some flying time. As an anti-theft measure I would claymore the hanger. I would fly around and suddenly  my aircraft would shudder and the message:
[OtH]Stubbee [F15] the guy who has been stealing aircraft all round. No idea why the aircraft would shudder when a claymore explodes 400m away though.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard