Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6108|eXtreme to the maX
Probably less toxic than the madrassah culture TBH.

Pretty hard to ban hate speech and still allow free speech. Enough fascist groups have tried it and gone too far.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
However you choose to look at it, majority populations in various countries are reacting to uncontrolled immigration and the joys of multiculturalism which have been foisted on them in various ways, Brexit, the emergence of the alt-right, election of Trump, various acts of individual violent protest - Breivik, Mair, this nut in NZ etc.
Where is this all heading?

Meanwhile the Chinese are quietly militarising half the world's surface and sea, they're already sinking ships. When the real shooting starts we'll wonder how it happened that they were able to build 100 unsinkable aircraft carriers.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

Which ships? The one Vietnamese one? I thought that was still being investigated.
uziq
+492|3454
typical old fogey scaremongering.

it’s a global world now. capitalism , like technology, is eroding national boundaries and labour markets; we have to mix with our neighbours whether the old race cucks like it or not. good luck with your irrelevant ethnostate fantasies dilbert.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Trade and military invasion are not really the same thing.
uziq
+492|3454
i'm referring to your 'the joys of multiculturalism' cant, which is really much of a muchness: we're not going back to homogeneous nation states based on 'blood and soil' ties, sorry.

and china has never shown any interest in global expansionism before, and i very much doubt any chinese aircraft carriers will be on the prowl in the atlantic any time soon.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6716|Purplicious Wisconsin

uziq wrote:

and china has never shown any interest in global expansionism before, and i very much doubt any chinese aircraft carriers will be on the prowl in the atlantic any time soon.
Okay maybe not soon, but what about 10-20 years?
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
uziq
+492|3454
i'm not saying anyone should abandon their defence spending (and america hardly has much to worry about -- yours dwarfs everyone else's by an order of magnitude), what i'm saying is that this doom-and-gloom, sinophobic and xenophobic outlook is just typical old-man nonsense. dilbert blames most of the world's ills on 'unlimited' immigration despite between an emigrant.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722
I think the Chinese are smart enough to comprehend that America's global adventurism really hasn't worked out too well for us and it's not a model to replicate.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

China has been expanding its influence and territory merrily for more than a decade, they've just done it very quietly and cheaply.

what i'm saying is that this doom-and-gloom, sinophobic and xenophobic outlook is just typical old-man nonsense.
I disagree.

dilbert blames most of the world's ills on 'unlimited' immigration despite between an emigrant.
Many, not most, and as I pointed out earlier it seems a few people agree.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-03-19 01:53:12)

uziq
+492|3454

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

China has been expanding its influence and territory merrily for more than a decade, they've just done it very quietly and cheaply.
china wants to control the china sea and its key shipping/stranglepoints. if you look at america's and her allies' expansion in the asia-pacific region in the same time period, you'll perhaps see why china are being so 'aggressive'. america has effectively moved to contain china and potentially isolate her within her own seas. it's funny that you'll freak out about china building sand islands but pay scant regard to the obama administration's south china sea strategy. why? u scared of the funny-looking chinaman? i'm sure if there were a giant muslim nation effectively building a fence around australia with her navy that you'd be advocating sand islands, too.

and your 'multiculturalism has failed' rhetoric is decidedly fringe. the media might amplify it and give the right-wing blowhards more coverage than they are due, but it is FAR from mainstream. the outpouring of support and sympathy across the western world in the immediate aftermath of all those attacks you listed – 'not in our name', 'this is not us', 'you are not welcome here' – says more than your paranoiac little handwringing, methinks.

Last edited by uziq (2019-03-19 02:38:08)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Do you find it odd that Islamic terrorists are called 'extremists' never 'supremacists' but white terrorists always are?

Multiculturalism has failed throughout the Islamic world, it will cease to exist when the world is Islamic.
Maybe the Chinese will save us after all.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-11-01/ … s/10432924

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-03-19 05:21:36)

uziq
+492|3454
islamic terrorists are called what they are: religious fundamentalists, and possibly fascists, if you really want to get into the political economy of what underpins modern autocratic, sunni islam. they are not supremacists because they don't kill people based on race and that term is always prefixed with a race or ethnicity tag. although it's a trifling difference and i'm not sure what your point is there, to be honest ...

seeing as multiculturalism as an '-ism' is only ever talked about in the context of liberal democracies, and a particular liberal democratic strain  from the 1980s onwards that was concomitant with market-led ideology and a general ceding of state/nation-based politics, again i'm not sure what your point is. 'multiculturalism' has failed in modern iraq? you're comparing apples and oranges and coming up with nonsense. if you want to talk about pluralistic and tolerant societies – which isn't really the same thing as 'multiculturalism' in the limited context you rant and rave against it, which is basically blairite britain onwards – then i'd say that various forms of society showed this was evidently possible. la convivencia in spain, for example (it's in the name, derp).

as for 'the world is doomed because muslims and chinese are taking over' ... lol. you really are a fucking moron.

and you are a pretty sick person if you think what is happening to the uighur muslims in china is the subject of jokes. it is an absolute disgrace.

Last edited by uziq (2019-03-19 05:25:17)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I'd say Brexit has effectively ended the Blairite project to ensure future Labour governments through multiculturalism.

You have a special talent for missing the point, Islamic countries are not interested in multiculturalism and are never going to, their aim is to foist their monoculture on everyone else.
uziq
+492|3454
can you show me an 'islamic country' that is trying to foist islam on other countries?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722
Iran and to a lesser extent Saudi Arabia.
uziq
+492|3454
it's a gross misrepresentation to say that iran or saudi arabia have designs upon islamifying the west. do they use religious ideology or fundamentalism to further their regional aims with their islamic neighbours? yes. do they want to 'foist their monoculture' on 'everyone else' (read: non-muslim westerners)? i'd say it's pretty ridiculous to claim that iran wants to bring ireland into a global caliphate.

you need to remember that the animus behind dilbert's posts is that he doesn't like seeing women in burkhas in the streets of bradford. when he complains that islam isn't 'multicultural', what he's trying to say in an elliptical way is 'why should we have them here?'

Last edited by uziq (2019-03-19 05:58:00)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722
Iran has been funding Hezbollah which is running  Christians out of Lebanon. Saudi Arabia also funds mosque and religious schools in western countries as well as NGOs who advocate on the behalf of Muslims in the west.

I don't mind seeing Muslim people in hijabs walking around though it doesn't make me feel great. I am extremely critical of westerners who convert to Islam though and do not like it at all. You have to be mentally ill to look at the Islamic world and want to be a part of it.
uziq
+492|3454
i am well aware of saudi arabias outreach through its madrassas in pakistan, but wahhabism is not going to take off in the west any time soon. as for funding NGOs who 'advocate on behalf of muslims': well, who doesn't have NGOs advocating for their cause in centres of power? i would say that jews have a plenty big 'influence' on the west through this means, but i fear it won't help my argument as dilbert likely thinks they are trying to 'foist their monoculture' on us, too.

i think the psychology of a convert to islam is pretty easy to read. it's a mix of underdog rhetoric in the case of extremists/terrorists and a general appeal of submission and self-discipline in the case of people from disadvantaged backgrounds (like prison). in any case i think you and dilbert are too easily conflating the authoritarian/theocratic version of islam that is seen in a place like saudi arabia with the sort of islam practiced in places like america. there are plenty of iranians in america, for example, who do not want to be part of that particular political vision of islam, either.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3722
The governments of the U.S. and European nations don't fund groups to seek the betterment of Christians living in the middle east. In fact most of the Islamic nations expressly forbid advocacy for Christians in their country and legally discriminate against them.

As I said, I don't mind the hijab. But anyone wearing it in the west is foolish and it is already too much Islamism injected in society. Special accommodations made for the women who wear that stuff as well as changing menus to limit pork is asking too much.

In any case I am not the person you would have to try to convince otherwise on this issue. The mad gunman was a white supremacists and not a Catholic or Christian extremist. I would have gotten shot too. So I have no choice but to always side with the multiculturalist since I am on the right wing's menu too. This is why white supremacy is a political dead end.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

it's a gross misrepresentation to say that iran or saudi arabia have designs upon islamifying the west. do they use religious ideology or fundamentalism to further their regional aims with their islamic neighbours? yes. do they want to 'foist their monoculture' on 'everyone else' (read: non-muslim westerners)? i'd say it's pretty ridiculous to claim that iran wants to bring ireland into a global caliphate.

you need to remember that the animus behind dilbert's posts is that he doesn't like seeing women in burkhas in the streets of bradford. when he complains that islam isn't 'multicultural', what he's trying to say in an elliptical way is 'why should we have them here?'
The whole muslim religion has designs on islamifying the rest of the world.
Wherever they go they expect their new home to bend to their will.

You're exactly right, if they don't accept our culture and seek to foist theirs on us we should not have them amongst us.
Women wearing burkas in Bradford is an insult to liberal democracy and shouldn't be allowed.
uziq
+492|3454
liberal democracy is defined by tolerance and pluralism. you can’t seem to get your head around that one. many moderate muslims choose to live and make their lives here. why take catholic poles but not them? why allow the amish? even scientology?

you seem overly obsessed with a fringe tendency in islam.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Because islamic values are wholly at odds with liberal democracy and catholic poles aren't blowing up children's pop concerts, nor the Amish AFAIK, I could be wrong though. The scientologists I am suspicious of.

Maybe we should have sat back and 'celebrated their differences' as the Nazis invaded Poland and gassed the jews, after all, each value system is as valid as the next and its not for us to interfere in or pass judgement on someone else's cherished beliefs.

And there were actually very, very few nazis personally involved in the death camps, probably barely a few hundred out of millions and millions of decent moderate nazis who you'd be happy to have as your neighbour, barely a fringe tendency at all, you can't tar all people with the same brush for the sins of a few.

I think its time, as a member of a pluralistic democracy, for nazism to be rehabilitated and take its place in modern politics, somewhere between the liberal democrats and sinn fein.

And if the average nazi was an OK fellow, what is mutilating women when they're children, preventing them having an education, making them wear medieval outfits if they want to go outdoors in a western nation and indoctrinating their children to blow up infidels by comparison?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2019-03-20 02:19:30)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6774|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

As I said, I don't mind the hijab. But anyone wearing it in the west is foolish and it is already too much Islamism injected in society. Special accommodations made for the women who wear that stuff as well as changing menus to limit pork is asking too much.
Pork?

I wonder if vegetarians as a homogeneous group are conspiring to foist their "monoculture" onto everyone else. Instead of, you know, generally eating out at places with vegetarian menus like most of them do. So crass! Better express displeasure by regurgitating anti-vegan meme reposts on social media. Stick it to the non apex predator cucks and all that. Stay tuned for rant about people speaking Spanish in a Mexican restaurant.
uziq
+492|3454
you make it sound like because i’m open to muslims being productive and coexisting members of a liberal democracy that i’m endorsing stadium bombings and female genital mutilation. it’s almost like you’ve never met a regular muslim or had one as a neighbour.

methinks when comparisons to nazi germany are evoked, the argument is already way past being lost.

i was on a date last week with a beautiful and talented girl of somali muslim background. she is studying medicine, doesn’t wear the hijab, and is campaigning against female genital mutilation. she still has her faith. and all this whilst dating a white-bread atheist like myself!

this is by no means an extraordinary rarity, either: there are moderates and reformers in every religious tradition, just as there are hardliners and extremists. you are seemingly only capable of seeing – and being afraid of – the latter.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard