SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Dilbert_X wrote:

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

I'm talking about now, not ancient history.
this is why i said you don't know much about the history of latin america. were the revolutionary and civil wars of the 19th c 'ancient history'? what period of history are you cherrypicking from, here, to show a time when latin america was peaceful and prosperous and africa was a hell-hole? read a fucking book.
OK, I'm convinced, hispanics are as bad as blacks, I support Trump in building a wall.
Well there it goes. Not sure what was Uzi's end game here.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3423
lol. all good science involves fitting the results to the initial hypothesis, doesn’t it. dilbert’s race hierarchies were flimsy 5 years ago and they’re flimsy now. remember all that blague he talked about asian IQs and the relative strength of whites vs asians? what muddled thinking.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I will cop to most of the negative stereotypes of Hispanics. Of course with the caveat that white people and culture isn't anything to look up to either. Too many white people like shooting heroin into their arms or bullets into their head for me to think there is anything spectacular about whites.

I would also say that white culture is obsessed with violence and white people don't like to hear that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I would also say that white culture is obsessed with violence and white people don't like to hear that.
Its not like that outside the US. Maybe being overrun by hispanics and blacks drives paranoia?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5329|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I will cop to most of the negative stereotypes of Hispanics. Of course with the caveat that white people and culture isn't anything to look up to either. Too many white people like shooting heroin into their arms or bullets into their head for me to think there is anything spectacular about whites.

Look across the harbor at the skyline someday. Think about all of the things it takes to make that city function with it's subways, sewers, electricity, daily deliveries, etc. Don't dwell on the negatives, that's too easy to do. There's always room for improvement. It was white culture, scientific achievement and industriousness that made all of that happen. Is it perfect? Of course not. Thank someone of European descent (which includes you, since your ancestors ultimately came from Spain) when you brush your teeth (interior plumbing, thank the Romans and British) while looking at your iphone (thank America).

It's fashionable to shit on white people and white culture, but that's mostly because it's so ubiquitous among people looking for any excuse to rebel against the norm.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3423
white culture doesn't have a monopoly on scientific achievement or technology/industrialism. i take your point on the modern metropolis but let's not pretend only white people were behind the maths/science that underpins modernity.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
It's not a zero-sum racial game. You can be pleased with certain societal progress over the centuries and still be critical of the means to that end. Of course your side will look comparatively better if you are able to keep a boot on the head of everyone else.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

white culture doesn't have a monopoly on scientific achievement or technology/industrialism. i take your point on the modern metropolis but let's not pretend only white people were behind the maths/science that underpins modernity.
I'm not saying it was white people only, it's always a group effort. I just get tired of reading the "white people contributed nothing but violence" bs.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I willing to credit western civilization for most of the technological innovations I enjoy. I am not going to thank a white person or be deferential in anyway because I like nice things though. One vexing thing about a lot of whites is their willingness to try to take credit for everything a white person has achieved since Julius Caesar. As if Joe the plumber had any part in the conquest of Gaul. Same group will also argue to death that you "can't blame them for slavery". I can tolerate that sort of stuff from you guys since I know you are all as or better educated and professionally successful as me. But I have no patience for hearing the same thing from the white guy who pumps my gas.

I do appreciate this conversation since I don't often get to have it. Whenever I criticize American culture and thereby white American culture elsewhere on the internet I get people immediately screaming at me. Our media, mostly controlled and owned by wealthy whites, puts out a tremendous amount of violent media and video games. Almost all mass shooters have obsessions with guns and violent video games. It's not the blacks who are programming those games and funding them. There are no black people in the NRA either. It's those same media companies that put out media glorifying drug use and dangerous dating habits. Same media groups telling teens to live fast die young while at the same time doing everything it can to bury our old community institutions.

Basically it comes down to this: Black and to a lesser degree Hispanic crime is bad. But the cultural taste of white Americans is probably the bigger issue. And whites don't like to hear that and I guess I can't broach the subject since I own a toothbrush.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

I'm not saying it was white people only, it's always a group effort. I just get tired of reading the "white people contributed nothing but violence" bs.
That reminds me of something in one of  my classes. I was explaining to my class New Imperialism the other day, the imperialism that took place after the Industrial Revolution. I explained to the students how these new European empires lasted until the World Wars that took place in Europe between Europeans blew apart their empires.

One Chinese-American student really couldn't wrap his head around why the Europeans, basically white people in his mind, would spend so much energy trying to wipe each other out over and over again. As i explained to him the history of European warfare, it dawned on me just how ridiculous the whole thing is once you step out of the western bubble we live in:

The Europeans spent thousands of years fighting among themselves in massive wars. Once they had the technology and power to conqueror the rest of the world, they in fact went and did. After that the Europeans inadvertently destroyed their own overseas empires by again trying to wipe out other Europeans. European history really doesn't sound so triumphant when you lay it out like that. Especially when you consider how short Europeans "ran the world" compared to all of human history.

But toothbrushes guys toothbrushes
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

That reminds me of something in one of  my classes. I was explaining to my class New Imperialism the other day, the imperialism that took place after the Industrial Revolution. I explained to the students how these new European empires lasted until the World Wars that took place in Europe between Europeans blew apart their empires.

One Chinese-American student really couldn't wrap his head around why the Europeans, basically white people in his mind, would spend so much energy trying to wipe each other out over and over again. As i explained to him the history of European warfare, it dawned on me just how ridiculous the whole thing is once you step out of the western bubble we live in:

The Europeans spent thousands of years fighting among themselves in massive wars. Once they had the technology and power to conqueror the rest of the world, they in fact went and did. After that the Europeans inadvertently destroyed their own overseas empires by again trying to wipe out other Europeans. European history really doesn't sound so triumphant when you lay it out like that. Especially when you consider how short Europeans "ran the world" compared to all of human history.

But toothbrushes guys toothbrushes
My four year old has an obsession with geography at the moment and he asked me the other day why there are so many countries in Europe compared to the rest of the world. I tried explaining to him that before automobiles it was very difficult to rule a realm that was more than a few days ride on horseback. He's four, so obviously didn't understand. I don't want to get into warfare with him yet, and self-determination is beyond his grasp.

You do have a valid point though, European history is largely military history. But the same can be said for humans on every other continent. European  history is simply better documented because of the Christian monks that recorded everything.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I actually resent having to teach African history at all because it is always stories about how hard blacks have it and how they were victims. These kids come to school to waste government money and ruin things for everyone. This is why we can't have nice things. The Hispanic, Arab, Indian, and Asian kids are wonderful. But it's always the blacks ruining things.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
The American history textbook I used in my college course was filled with sub stories about women, native Americans, black people and the union movements. The "white male" history was basically a war narrative. Revolutionary war, 1812, civil war etc. When asked why there were no positive portrayals of white males in the little blurbs, I was told history in general was about white men and they needed no additional inclusion.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
That reminds me of my own U.S. 2 class at RU. The lady who taught it was a famous feminist who tried to "shine light" on the forgotten roles of women in U.S.. I think the "American History from X perspective" is the norm since if you went to any decent high school in America, you can probably cover the same subject in as much depth in the 10 months of high school as you can in the 4 months of college class. Kids already have a lifetime of that education built up anyway. Especially the history and political science majors.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I willing to credit western civilization for most of the technological innovations I enjoy.
And social and political progress.
You're welcome.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

My four year old has an obsession with geography at the moment and he asked me the other day why there are so many countries in Europe compared to the rest of the world. I tried explaining to him that before automobiles it was very difficult to rule a realm that was more than a few days ride on horseback. He's four, so obviously didn't understand. I don't want to get into warfare with him yet, and self-determination is beyond his grasp.
I predicted a while ago that you'd fill your kids head with nonsense.
But apart from the Roman Empire, Chinese unification, Russia, the British Empire, post-mutiny America and a few other things I've lost track of you're right - it was the automobile which did it.

Its probably more that people don't care to be governed by people more than a certain distance away than the problem of being able to rule from a distance.

You do have a valid point though, European history is largely military history. But the same can be said for humans on every other continent. European  history is simply better documented because of the Christian monks that recorded everything.
Military history is relatively simple to teach, dates and places, probably thats why its taught. There's plenty of other history.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

I predicted a while ago that you'd fill your kids head with nonsense.
But apart from the Roman Empire, Chinese unification, Russia, the British Empire, post-mutiny America and a few other things I've lost track of you're right - it was the automobile which did it.

Its probably more that people don't care to be governed by people more than a certain distance away than the problem of being able to rule from a distance.

Military history is relatively simple to teach, dates and places, probably thats why its taught. There's plenty of other history.
Eh, what I said made some sense. If you look at a map of the US, you see state sizes get larger after railroads were introduced.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I willing to credit western civilization for most of the technological innovations I enjoy.
And social and political progress.
You're welcome.
And also trannies
uziq
+492|3423
transmissions are very important in engineering applications. yes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The Spanish could not have conquered the new world without transmissions and hence automobiles.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

The Spanish could not have conquered the new world without transmissions and hence automobiles.
Oh stop being dumb
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Jay would you want your son to be a tranny? Of course not. Would anyone here want a tranny son?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Oh stop being dumb
Just remember, your son is either going to remember wrong things his whole life, or realise that you told him the wrong things and that you're an idiot.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6603|949

he's the real life version of calvin's dad!

https://i.imgur.com/aCi4utU.gif
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay would you want your son to be a tranny? Of course not. Would anyone here want a tranny son?
No
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard