SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Oh it has? Have you checked your 401K lately?
I get a pension. And I will defend it to the death.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2018-11-21 11:36:43)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

you're never allowed to talk shit on firemen again
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I am sure I did it before but bitching about firemen and their bloated salaries is more of a Jay thing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Trump economy has been very good to me. Nice new career opportunities. I also see a lot of ads for low skills job with decent wages. $21 security gigs, $15 shoveling snow etc.

I know everyone doesn't have it as good as I do in the NYC area but I also know that a well put together Republican president wouldn't have gotten Blue Waved in this economy.

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/E7C3/production/_103913395_4-unempl-nc.png
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The Trump economy has been very good to me. Nice new career opportunities. I also see a lot of ads for low skills job with decent wages. $21 security gigs, $15 shoveling snow etc.

I know everyone doesn't have it as good as I do in the NYC area but I also know that a well put together Republican president wouldn't have gotten Blue Waved in this economy.

Dilbert_X wrote:

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/E7C3/production/_103913395_4-unempl-nc.png
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/cpsprodpb/135E3/production/_103913397_3-wages-nc.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
My point was political not economic. I hate Trump and likes Obama after all. What I am saying is that Trump as a person managed to screw up would have been a smooth ride for any other president.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

I remember a huge upsurge of economic scaremongering from the right during Obama's first couple years, but I suppose fear tactics can't manipulate market forces.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

Maria Butina was funneling Russia money through the NRA into Trumps campaign funds.

Cohen sentenced to 3 years for campaign finance violations and other crimes.

Michael Flynn rolled over and is making names.

Manafort is headed to prison also.

If Trump isn't next than surely it'll be Jared and Trump Jnr right?

Last edited by AussieReaper (2018-12-13 16:15:41)

https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Doesn't matter. Even if Trump goes to prison, the voters who brought him to office are still here and will vote in another republican as soon as the next election rolls around.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
I guess we should be thankful that Trump is pretty unique in pulling off his style. Very few Republicans have managed to lean into the level of self-denial required while attracting more than just crazy people (which to be fair is a sizeable amount). It's especially hard for people with the facade of being statesmen to shift to the in-your-face braggart. His base likes Trump and people who Trump likes, at the expense of Megyn Kelly-esque types who they liked right up until Trump gave them a reason not to.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Trump's personal style is not the problem I am worried about. I am worried that someone will come along and push his same views or even more extreme versions of it but in a way that is more palatable to enough Americans to ride that person and the GOP back into unified control in the near future.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
I mean, that's the only real option Republicans have. If the base were enthusiastic about Pence, it could be pretty easy for them to get things accomplished because he has the pretense of being respectable. Part of the reason I don't want Trump impeached is because it needs to be BAD, like very much so, in order to illustrate just how damaging he and his ilk are. You still find factory workers who are out of work because of Trumps trade idiocy who are 100% behind him.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It never occurred to me that there could be someone worse than Trump, but I guess you're right.
Republican candidates can forever run the campaign "I may be evil but I'm not an asshole like Trump"
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Doesn't matter. Even if Trump goes to prison, the voters who brought him to office are still here and will vote in another republican as soon as the next election rolls around.
If Trump goes to prison it will be due to an evil plot of liberals conspiring with the federal reserve and the supreme court to continue robbing hardworking americans.
Just as the conviction of Cardinal Pell for child abuse is apparently a conspiracy between the vatican and the mafia.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

AussieReaper wrote:

Maria Butina was funneling Russia money through the NRA into Trumps campaign funds.

If Trump isn't next than surely it'll be Jared and Trump Jnr right?
Show me the man and I'll show you the crime.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

AussieReaper wrote:

they are all just that - politicians (and accompanying tools). if you think it's just trump and the likes, and there are some other magical talking heads out there running for office that are any better, you are kidding yourself. that shit rises to the top for a reason.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3444
i hate all this edge lord crap. 'show me the man and i'll show you the crime'. 'the scum rises to the top'. bottom-tier cynicism trying to pass itself off as 'wisdom'.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i hate all this edge lord crap. 'show me the man and i'll show you the crime'. 'the scum rises to the top'. bottom-tier cynicism trying to pass itself off as 'wisdom'.
It's truth. They say that the average American commits 3 felonies a day. Well, when you have an open ended investigation like Mueller's which is living in opposite world i.e. investigating people in search of a crime rather than investigating a crime in search of a criminal, you'll eventually find something. These special investigations need to be abolished. They're no different from the Inquisition.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444
yes because jaywalking and driving 0.5km to the store without a seatbelt are the same as perjury and influencing an election.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia
none of this matters, we live in a world where anything goes, depending on the profits gained. perjury? - sure. influencing an election? - are you kidding, usa is the word's money bag, everybody and his mother in law would try to influence those elections - and they do.

it's called "capitalism".

A certain 10 percent will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 percent certain will produce eagerness; 50 percent, positive audacity; 100 percent will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 percent, and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

yes because jaywalking and driving 0.5km to the store without a seatbelt are the same as perjury and influencing an election.
If the same attention had been brought to the members of the Clinton team we likely would have seen the same result. If the goal is to convict people, there are innumerable laws to choose from. Our system of law is completely fucked up. If they really want to nail somebody they pile on charge after charge until the target gives up and accepts a plea bargain. It's how they went after the mob, and they've now done it to wall street bankers and politicians. RICO made Giuliani's career, but it unleashed a horrible beast.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
So any proof of illegal acts by Trump's team should be ignored because Clinton might have done something bad too?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So any proof of illegal acts by Trump's team should be ignored because Clinton might have done something bad too?
I'm saying that these convictions are mostly bogus because they are so common. If they really want to drain the swamp, this sort of spotlight needs to be shined on everyone in Washington. Maybe then people will actually trust the government. I don't see this as a knock on Trump because he could've basically picked anyone to fill those roles and we would've had the same outcome.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3444

Shahter wrote:

none of this matters, we live in a world where anything goes, depending on the profits gained. perjury? - sure. influencing an election? - are you kidding, usa is the word's money bag, everybody and his mother in law would try to influence those elections - and they do.

it's called "capitalism".

A certain 10 percent will ensure its employment anywhere; 20 percent certain will produce eagerness; 50 percent, positive audacity; 100 percent will make it ready to trample on all human laws; 300 percent, and there is not a crime at which it will scruple, nor a risk it will not run, even to the chance of its owner being hanged.
right, it's called capitalism. because cronyism and corruption never affected the soviet union, did it?

has everyone here regressed to adolescent reasoning or something? i just can't handle your hard-boiled ultra-sophisticated 'realism' guys!!!!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

If the same attention had been brought to the members of the Clinton team we likely would have seen the same result.
Says who? The only people saying this are the Trump team.
Even if it were true that doesn't give everyone else a green light to break the law.
You've swallowed the 'crooked Hillary' line hook, line and sinker when there was no actual evidence. There's already more evidence against Trump's own children than there ever was against Clinton, let alone Trump himself.
Our system of law is completely fucked up.
Whats wrong with the law?
If they really want to nail somebody they pile on charge after charge until the target gives up and accepts a plea bargain.
If they're innocent it doesn't matter how many charges are filed against them, they'll be likely found not guilty.
If they're guilty its a better deal to accept a plea bargain and not be found guilty of multiple charges.
It's how they went after the mob,
Who were committing crimes on an industrial scale yes?
and they've now done it to wall street bankers and politicians.
Who were also committing crimes, yes?

This argument - everyone commits crime so its OK to commit crime and anyone who tries to do anything about it is a nut - is anti-democratic.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard