SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

SuperJail Warden wrote:

uziq wrote:

oh yeah, the metropolitan police sure found out how those troublesome blacks are, uh, racially disposed to react badly. more hack science from dilderp.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Brixton_riot
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarman_Report
Again this comes back to "why doesn't this happen with other races?"

In any case a small update on my black problem: I am banning laptops in my class because the two black kids cannot help watching basketball on them when they should be taking notes. I told one of them to take notes and he said "I am taking notes on basketball". Since I don't want to hear "I don't have a notebook", I bought some spiral notebooks from Walmart and will give it to them to leave in class everyday so they don't "lose it". I am also going to move their seats around and put one all the way in the back with the other all the way in the front. I fear that they will just end up talking to each other from across the room though. If that happens, I am going to email the dean of students and figure out what to do with these two future inmates.
Tldr: I had to ban laptops for everyone, change seats for a bunch of innocent kids, and buy notebooks with my own money because of two disrespectful black kids. This is the story of American society: black people ruin great things for everyone else.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3445
black people in the U.K. are nothing like black people in the US. it’s a different culture. they wouldn’t even recognise each other as peers.

with that said, you are being obtuse and stupid and i can’t even be bothered to explain to you why black people from poor inner-city areas get jumpy around raid-happy police that never consult the actual community.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I live in a city. The police seem fine.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6624|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am cool with body cameras. I just don't believe that police are actively oppressing black people. I think that they as a group are whiners and fuck ups and I learned that through a lifetime of experience with them.

If police are such over the top oppressors, why aren't they dropping white, Hispanic, Asian, and Arab bodies all over the place? Do you really think the average conservative cop just likes Arabs, Asians, and Hispanics or do you think that as a group they aren't as fucked up as blacks?
There are stats to show the inherent racial bias by police.  You've reach Michelle Alexander's book, so you know the stats.  What you believe isn't reality.  Hispanics are also disproportionately targeted.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
But did they really commit the crimes? I don't care that there are too many blacks in prison. I think there are a lot of whites who need to be there too.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Anyway, I moved the black kids around in the class today and gave them the new notebooks. The one in the back just sat there on his phone and ignored everyone else while the other one went to the bathroom for awhile before coming back and sitting quietly but not working.

Good enough for me. I just have to make sure the paperwork is in order to fail them but otherwise I think they will make it easy for me.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

DesertFox- wrote:

You don't say?
Alexander, the police chief, later said under oath that Mader should have stopped the EMTs from trying to save the woman so as to preserve a potential crime scene.
Crazy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Anyway, I moved the black kids around in the class today and gave them the new notebooks. The one in the back just sat there on his phone and ignored everyone else while the other one went to the bathroom for awhile before coming back and sitting quietly but not working.

Good enough for me. I just have to make sure the paperwork is in order to fail them but otherwise I think they will make it easy for me.
I watched a documentary about police in the uk trying to deal with dumb white men causing trouble in country towns.
One officer's theory was they all firmly believed they were going to be pro-footballers or rock stars making millions but couldn't deal with the reality of their actual lives - dreary and poor - and acted up as a consequence.

How many black kids don't believe they're going to be a pro-basketballer or the next Kanye West? Why would you study in school if you're certain of this?

Has the media promoted mediocrity or have the people done it themselves?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-12-05 01:34:23)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
It's boredom. It's boring being poor. People who are idle have all the time in the world to get into trouble. Stable people with jobs, family, house etc are too busy and have too much to lose to act up. The children of the middle class and wealthy are scheduled while the children of the poor run wild. It's not a race issue, it's a poverty issue. Instead of singling out black people and treating them like shit, find a way to make them engage. These two clearly need structure, but will hate you for imposing it. You need to convince them that life isn't hopeless and that getting an education is their best way out. Good luck.

Last edited by Jay (2018-12-05 04:20:19)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

It's boredom. It's boring being poor. People who are idle have all the time in the world to get into trouble. Stable people with jobs, family, house etc are too busy and have too much to lose to act up. The children of the middle class and wealthy are scheduled while the children of the poor run wild. It's not a race issue, it's a poverty issue. Instead of singling out black people and treating them like shit, find a way to make them engage. These two clearly need structure, but will hate you for imposing it. You need to convince them that life isn't hopeless and that getting an education is their best way out. Good luck.
These are almost adults. They are already physically bigger than me and would be mistaken for people in their 20s on the street. They are way past the point "useful male guidance" would make a difference.

And like I said before, trying to guide them is a time consuming act. Time that can be better spent on good kids. I already lost a hour of my morning prep time having to shoot off an email to the dean of students about them and emailing the parent of a third black kid from the same class that also doesn't want to work. So I lost an hour of me time when I get home. Probably more if I have to go to a meeting about this.

These kids acting out is hurting my personal and professional life and hurting the education of other kids.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
So I contacted the dean. I was told to email the parents to develop a paper trail. So that is two more emails I need to write up and respond to before filling out discipline reports and submitting them. There goes more time eaten up.

I am spending my home time doing reports while these kids watch fat black girls twerk on their cellphones. You can't make this shit up.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

These are almost adults. They are already physically bigger than me and would be mistaken for people in their 20s on the street. They are way past the point "useful male guidance" would make a difference.

And like I said before, trying to guide them is a time consuming act. Time that can be better spent on good kids. I already lost a hour of my morning prep time having to shoot off an email to the dean of students about them and emailing the parent of a third black kid from the same class that also doesn't want to work. So I lost an hour of me time when I get home. Probably more if I have to go to a meeting about this.

These kids acting out is hurting my personal and professional life and hurting the education of other kids.
You're in a tough situation, no doubt. I know that when I was in middle school the teachers spent the majority of their time trying to pull up the bottom of the class and disciplining kids that acted out, while ignoring kids like me. It made me feel frustrated, and it demotivated me because I wasn't challenged. The real solution is to track kids at different ability levels, the high school did honors, regents and non-regents tracks and it helped some with the discipline issues in the classroom, but it created a lot of friction in common classes like gym or in the cafeteria. Teachers also gave less fucks about the non-regents kids. From what I understand, tracking kids like this is now frowned upon because ending up in non-regents or missing out on getting into honors hurts kids self esteem.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

You're in a tough situation, no doubt. I know that when I was in middle school the teachers spent the majority of their time trying to pull up the bottom of the class and disciplining kids that acted out, while ignoring kids like me. It made me feel frustrated, and it demotivated me because I wasn't challenged. The real solution is to track kids at different ability levels, the high school did honors, regents and non-regents tracks and it helped some with the discipline issues in the classroom, but it created a lot of friction in common classes like gym or in the cafeteria. Teachers also gave less fucks about the non-regents kids. From what I understand, tracking kids like this is now frowned upon because ending up in non-regents or missing out on getting into honors hurts kids self esteem.
My school is divided into A level and B level. A's are smart kids, B's everyone else. The A level freshman just chew through my lessons and work like it is nothing. I often have some time leftover with those classes and they are happy to sit there and work on other classwork to catch up.

The B level class I have with the blacks are Juniors and I think maybe 1 or two completed the work correctly today that the A level freshman blew through perfectly with time to spare. The A level freshman got their shit together better than the kids almost out of high school. It is amazing the distribution in skills.

The blacks didn't even hand in the assignment today. They didn't even put their name on a paper and scribble something. The one I put in the back just kept acting out trying to get my attention while the other slept. It is pretty remarkable how they can't function once split apart. One went catatonic and the other just kept trying to get anyone to pay attention to them and no one would.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The blacks didn't even hand in the assignment today. They didn't even put their name on a paper and scribble something. The one I put in the back just kept acting out trying to get my attention while the other slept. It is pretty remarkable how they can't function once split apart. One went catatonic and the other just kept trying to get anyone to pay attention to them and no one would.
I am putting in grades right now. The class average was a 93 for this assignment. But since these two and one other girl didn't hand it in, the class average dropped to a 80 due to their zeroes. It is fascinating how you can watch the place get statistically worse because of these people.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

When I was in high school, I remember basically taking over the data entry and slideshow setup for a presentation the place had to give the district. While it basically meant I passed computer class for the rest of the year and got some trinket awards from the staff, it was a gigantic time sink that gave me an early perspective on some of the more nonsensical inner workings and put a bit of a damper on my old ambitions to get into teaching.

Judging a class's overall performance off mean score alone is so misinformative. It should either be properly graphed, or data points from perpetual flunk-outs and didn't-do's should be on their own clearly-marked metric so an entire class's performance at a glance isn't compromised.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
More likely Macbeth's performance is judged from the class average. No wonder he hates them.

A teacher I know was in the situation where he had a certain class size and was allowed a maximum percent failure rate, working out the maths meant he was allowed to fail half a student per year.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-12-10 00:20:29)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I think one of my old co-workers is gay and made a pass at me in Friday. He seemed upset the rest of the night and left without really saying bye to everyone. My hand was on the table and was touching his for a little while and I think he took it as me being interested in him when in reality I was near catatonic from all the marijuana and alcohol and just didn't feel like moving.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

More likely Macbeth's performance is judged from the class average. No wonder he hates them.

A teacher I know was in the situation where he had a certain class size and was allowed a maximum percent failure rate, working out the maths meant he was allowed to fail half a student per year.
That's what I was going for in terms of judging a class. Student as well as teacher performance.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I yelled at a talkative white kid in my class today. I can already tell he is going to be an opiod addict. I embarrassed him when I said "X I have seen your grades and you need to be quiet and pay attention". It went over worse than I thought it would. I expected him to laugh it off but he seemed genuinely offended. The class laughed at him too which didn't help.

Anyway, I am going to switch his seat when we come back from break. I am going to put him in the back in the corner. He likes his headphones and has trouble keeping concentrated so I expect him to just disengage and not do any work anymore which is fine with me. I really don't care about his education anyway.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6764|PNW

Prime Video recommendations and search results are polluted by amateurish vlog fare that looks like it belongs on youtube. There's no way to filter them out. If I look up a movie on Amazon, it's probably because I watch it. Why do I have to hunt and peck through a bunch of six minute reviews.

Seriously, they need to get rid of that nonsense and also make wishlists great again.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Every day Facebook is sending me an alert to add a new suggested friend. It just tried to get me to friend the boyfriend of a teacher in my department I have a crush on. Thanks for Sunday afternoon gut punch, Mark Z.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
Have you tried cucking him? Based on videos on the Internet I've seen, teachers have hot, naughty sex after class all the time.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
I wish.

In late January we are going to be covering WW2. I wish I could show the kids the opening scene from Saving Private Ryan. But that is too violent to show 16-17 year olds in America though the kids could watch a rapper throw dollars bills at an overweight black woman twerking on MTV like that is normal.

So this is the closest any of these kids will ever get to see Saving Private Ryan
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Have you tried making your kids read books instead of watching TV?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
My kids do independent reading from the textbook twice a week. I am now putting some documentation based questions on Google classroom too. Kids do plenty of reading. I am not an English teacher.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard