CC-Marley
+407|6798
I been playing the Alpha. It's the pseudo sequel to Project Reality. I must say it's coming along nicely.

https://joinsquad.com/

Last edited by CC-Marley (2016-03-25 11:58:17)

unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I'm particularly fond of that cheeky horn blast at the end (BF theme much?), but the video didn't explain a whole lot.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I saw some gameplay on it. Could be fun so long as it's not invaded by the stick-up-the-ass player instead of some people just trying to have fun.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

*looking at you ArmA*
CC-Marley
+407|6798
Remember it is in Alpha. Eventually there will be armor, jets, helicopters ect..

They've started a tutorial series

Last edited by CC-Marley (2016-03-26 19:17:24)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
It looks cool and the 100 person servers sound interesting. But we all know the game is going to end up with like 50ish players online at anytime playing 11v12 in the same few maps.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
CC-Marley
+407|6798
Project Reality still has at least 2 or 3 full servers daily at peak times. This is the next gen PR. The PR community is pretty loyal. 11+ years and going.
DesertFox-
Steam freekend. Gonna try it out.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
It's playable on my E8500 duo core with 4gb of DDR2 and a 750ti, still might be time to upgrade the processor etc. methinks.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Gotten a pretty lukewarm reception on steam.
DesertFox-
I really enjoyed the urban maps, but am greatly frustrated by the big open hillscapes where you just get shot from all over by eagle-eyed dudes. Most of my experience so far has been enjoyable with other people also learning it, but there was one massive douche yesterday who was being a massively condescending tryhard to us noobs.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Played a bit more and get like 20-30fps most of the time (get like 80+ on the firing range) but it's still playable and had fun when I managed to get in a squad with people willing to communicate and work as a team, but when you don't it gets boring very much like PR, will wait to buy it till I get my PC upgraded.
Just had a really fun insurgency game as Americans but my game crashed just as my squad had found the 2nd cache...

Basically it's am updated Project Reality, which is no bad thing. But can see why a lot of people on Steam wouldn't rate it as they don't "get it".

Last edited by coke (2016-11-12 14:16:06)

Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5969|Vortex Ring State
devs have an odd visions and have made some questionable design decisions, but it's pretty fun as is.
Timothy78
Disabled
+0|2494
I just started playing this game and I love it. PM me if you want to play with me. Obviously, I am still learning so go easy on me.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
Squad is now at version 11.2.

Warriors and Bradleys have been added along with lots of goodies. The game has come along but rather slow at times. Squad is heavily CPU reliant. CPU's with higher single core performance do best. Stay away from AMD chips unless it's a newer high end Ryzen.  At least a GTX 970 vid card is recommended along with 16G Ram.

ADD me on Steam CC-Marley
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Squad sucks. Gave it a try and got a refund. The game is never getting finished anyway.
stevenjohnson
Disabled
+0|2074|Canada
I haven't paly Alpha, but I like gathat there is a tutorial!
Hi! I'm a student and I like to paly different online games!
dabanli
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|1947
in what mobile online games you playing right now?
dabanli
Post limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+0|1947
I'm playing in Rice of Civilization, for example, you next )
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Can confirm. I've also been playing Rice of Civilization. Such a great cellular phone! Many talented players. PM me your info for free gold.

https://i.imgur.com/ZSacjOG.jpg
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Surely it should be brown rice...
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Of course you are correct sir. I will happily forward your suggestion to the team. Please accept this coupon 15% off your next currency purchase: 5X27J.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Off-hand has anyone actually played Squad lately? If so, does it feel more complete to you? I keep getting told about major updates and mods like Starship Troopers, but I still haven't went for it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Game will never be finished.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Battlefield Citizen.

Speaking of, I love how after all these years and delays for Star Citizen, character creation is still barren. Gotta prioritize all those new premium ships I guess. I finally gave to friends' pressure and picked up a cheap one awhile back. I've seldom been more bored wandering around in an unfinished world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard