War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

SuperJail Warden wrote:

War Man wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

No.
Ok, how about pm you what I routinely use?
Still no.

I am guessing you are embarrassed to post what you read because you are afraid of people making fun of you (They will).

That's fine. You should probably think over how you feel now and compare it to how others feel when you call them NPCs and assume they don't have their own reading list.
? You do realize that you could then reveal what I pmed you right? If I was embarrassed, I wouldn't even offer you jack shit. Also, I did previously mention something that gives people an idea of where I get my information from.

Edit:

Here are a couple things.

Here is a Tim Pool former reporter that lives in New Jersey who is more of a centre-left guy.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe02lG … jdA/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/Timcasts/videos

Here is a more libertarian guy that voted for Trump.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Styxhexenhammer666/videos

There are plenty more I can grab, including conservatives. Just thought I'd mention a few non-conservatives I check on. Feel free to scoff at me people, I don't care.

Last edited by War Man (2018-11-15 19:34:00)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I am concerned if your main sources for information are filtered through dudes who just happen to have a youtube channel. They don't have the resources of a news organization to ensure information is correct. Literally, they are a prism who can bias what has happened through their own lens before it gets to you.

I have only clicked on the first guy, and suddenly have a much clearer understanding of why you view things the way you do. I'm rather surprised you describe him as center-left because looking at the titles of his videos: "Republicans will win midterms; polls are wrong", "Democrats caught trying to register non-citizens to vote", "Man robbed by antifa in NYC", "Conservatives vastly outnumber progressives" --- those all sound like standard fare for Fox News, Daily Caller, Breitbart, etc. At least those organizations all have a semblance of being "news" that, while biased, tends to separate factual stories from opinion pieces. You've given this one guy an enormous amount of influence over you.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

DesertFox- wrote:

I am concerned if your main sources for information are filtered through dudes who just happen to have a youtube channel. They don't have the resources of a news organization to ensure information is correct. Literally, they are a prism who can bias what has happened through their own lens before it gets to you.

I have only clicked on the first guy, and suddenly have a much clearer understanding of why you view things the way you do. I'm rather surprised you describe him as center-left because looking at the titles of his videos: "Republicans will win midterms; polls are wrong", "Democrats caught trying to register non-citizens to vote", "Man robbed by antifa in NYC", "Conservatives vastly outnumber progressives" --- those all sound like standard fare for Fox News, Daily Caller, Breitbart, etc. At least those organizations all have a semblance of being "news" that, while biased, tends to separate factual stories from opinion pieces. You've given this one guy an enormous amount of influence over you.
Don't judge by the titles man. If you've actually heard him, you would find he can be an apologist at times that is just frustrated with the democrats. The guy voted for Bernie Sanders. Also, he does what he can to actually fact check and checks out various news sources. I sometimes cringe with some of his videos because of some of his left wing views, but I can respect him as he tries to be fair. The guy was a reporter and knows how to get information, he tends to go by some various sources that I am myself not a fan of but it still doesn't hurt to hear and judge for myself.

Last edited by War Man (2018-11-15 19:52:36)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
"Western media" at it again in the Kerch Strait.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

coke wrote:

"Western media" Ukrainian fascist junta at it again in the Kerch Strait.
fixed it for you.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Shahter wrote:

coke wrote:

fixed it for you.
Ah so the Ukrainian's attacked their own ships captured them using Russian special forces then handed them and some of the crews to the Russians. Gotcha!

Last edited by coke (2018-11-27 12:20:44)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
All this after they false flagged blockading the straits blocking their own access to their ports, very clever of them.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

coke wrote:

Shahter wrote:

coke wrote:

fixed it for you.
Ah so the Ukrainian's attacked their own ships captured them using Russian special forces then handed them and some of the crews to the Russians. Gotcha!

coke wrote:

All this after they false flagged blockading the straits blocking their own access to their ports, very clever of them.
nah. they simply failed to follow the rules set by those, who control the strait atm and got their ships captured. i think that happened just as they planned, though - now they have another "grievance" to whine about internationally. they even try to use this crap as an excuse to introduce martial law, which in turn would let them postpone the elections and stay in power, potentially, indefinitely. you know, the usual stuff fascists do.

and, yes, western media is all too happy to sing them the song they want.

you know, israelis, for example, have been doing stuff exactly like what russia is being accused of atm to palestine, and for quite some time now - but nobody seems to go "zomg! evil putin netanjahu!" over that. i wander why...
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Shahter wrote:

coke wrote:

Shahter wrote:

fixed it for you.

coke wrote:

nah. they simply failed to follow the rules set by those, who control the strait atm and got their ships captured. i think that happened just as they planned, though - now they have another "grievance" to whine about internationally. they even try to use this crap as an excuse to introduce martial law, which in turn would let them postpone the elections and stay in power, potentially, indefinitely. you know, the usual stuff fascists do.

and, yes, western media is all too happy to sing them the song they want.

you know, israelis, for example, have been doing stuff exactly like what russia is being accused of atm to palestine, and for quite some time now - but nobody seems to go "zomg! evil putin netanjahu!" over that. i wander why...
as far as Israel goes you're fucking kidding right... there's plenty of condemnation...

"failed to follow the rules" Russia is the only one breaking shipping laws, by attacking and capturing vessels... The straits are according to a treaty signed by Russia shared internal waters with Ukraine...
How did they plan to have the strait blockaded by the Russians exactly?
It's hilarious how much you tow the state line on these stories...

Carry out act of blatant aggression.
Blame it on provocation.
Any condemnation is "russophobia".

These Ukrainians should really rethink this strategy of creating "grievances to whine about" so far it's resulted in them losing a large chunk of their sovereign territory, 3 ships and countless numbers of people killed.
DesertFox-
In talking to my coworkers, it sounds like several of them had experiences as schoolchildren where they were fingerprinted by the police either as part of an demonstration (at the station that they then kept the records of) or under the pretense that it's useful if they get lost. I was awestruck because that sounds like a fat crock of shit just so they'll be able to ID wide swathes of the populace. Evidently it's quite common, though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I did it in school as a child. The police took a whole class to the cafeteria where we were fingerprinted. I remember my mom telling me it was just in case we were ever kidnapped.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

coke wrote:

Blame it on provocation.
Any condemnation is "anti-semitism".
Its a great system.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Dilbert_X wrote:

coke wrote:

Blame it on provocation.
Any condemnation is "anti-semitism".
Its a great system.
TBF though most of the anti-semtism I see is against people who happen to be Jewish and have fuck all to do with the Israeli government and their policies...
I don't blame the average Russian citizen who lives in the UK or US or Russia for example for what the Russian government has been up to. In the same way I don't blame Jews who have lived in the UK or US for their entire lives for what Israel gets up to.
Otherwise I'd pretty fucked when it comes to Iraq etc.

Last edited by coke (2018-12-01 17:06:12)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Do you even like Palestinians, Dilbert? I used to be sympathetic to their cause but not any longer. Even if the Jews backed up and left, the place would still be a basket case and I don't trust the Palestinians not to damage Christian and Jewish holy sites.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Do you even like Palestinians, Dilbert? I used to be sympathetic to their cause but not any longer. Even if the Jews backed up and left, the place would still be a basket case and I don't trust the Palestinians not to damage Christian and Jewish holy sites.
Of course he doesn't, he just hates Jews more.
uziq
+492|3422
https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n23/james-mee … nd-the-mob

good essay on the current media landscape by one of the UK's most reliably decent essayists.

In the 1990s this presentational hierarchy collapsed. Any punter with a computer could type ‘DIANA’ in the same clear, elegant Times Roman font used by the Murdoch broadsheets, as they were then, and the word they typed would have exactly the same crisp outlines, the same neat pixels in pure clear space as the word that had been sent to them by the Sunday Times in London. Former passive readers of big publishers’ writings could become active writers and publishers themselves: they could blog, they could design their own websites. What they produced no longer necessarily made them look like scruffy eccentrics or fanatics. True, presentational hierarchy persists on the internet: there are slick, beautifully designed sites, and there are grungy, clumsy ones. But the big social media platforms have been great presentational levellers over the last decade or so. Twitter and Facebook provide the design framework that gives everybody’s text, everybody’s ideas, everybody’s bullshit, the same professional sheen. Why not take a headline like ‘DIANA KILLED IN CRASH,’ add ‘BY MI5’ on the end, and share?

[...]

As Stewart Brand put it ten years earlier, in the full version of his notorious aphorism: ‘On the one hand information wants to be expensive, because it’s so valuable. The right information in the right place just changes your life. On the other hand, information wants to be free, because the cost of getting it out is getting lower and lower all the time. So you have these two fighting against each other.’
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They looked after the place for 2,000 years, Muslims, Christians and Jews were able to access their holy sites freely.
Since the Zionists took it over for themselves alone we've had endless strife.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

coke wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Of course he doesn't, he just hates Jews more.
I don't hate anyone, I don't have to like someone to object to them being dispossessed and slaughtered.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

https://www.lrb.co.uk/v40/n23/james-meek/the-club-and-the-mob

good essay on the current media landscape by one of the UK's most reliably decent essayists.

Some literati crap
Post-Trump we will only have fake news and twitter.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-12-03 03:16:30)

uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

They looked after the place for 2,000 years, Muslims, Christians and Jews were able to access their holy sites freely.
wow i think you need to read a history book.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

wow i think you need to read a history book.
Yeah what the literal fuck has he just written there...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The last time a holy site in Jerusalem was actually destroyed was in the time of Herod, since then nothing AFAIK.
Except messianic jews have been agitating and attempting to destroy the Temple Mount.

So why would you not trust the Palestinians to look after holy sites in Jerusalem, when they have done nothing, but trust the jews when a core tenet of their fairy stories is that the muslims third holiest site must be destroyed and they've been actively working towards it?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
ISIS blew up plenty of Christian and Muslim holy sites. Thousands of years old ones too. I don't expect a Palestinian state to be able to not get over thrown by radicals at some point and I don't expect any country in the world would send in the troops to rebuild the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Dilbert_X wrote:

The last time a holy site in Jerusalem was actually destroyed was in the time of Herod, since then nothing AFAIK.
Except messianic jews have been agitating and attempting to destroy the Temple Mount.

So why would you not trust the Palestinians to look after holy sites in Jerusalem, when they have done nothing, but trust the jews when a core tenet of their fairy stories is that the muslims third holiest site must be destroyed and they've been actively working towards it?
How have they been actively working towards destroying it exactly?
DesertFox-
I recently read this profile of a national leader.

"His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it."

Spoiler (highlight to read):
It's Hitler, if that wasn't blatantly obvious by the "big lie", but it sure as shit sounds like Trump

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard