SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Most women who get murdered by their husbands got married when they were young.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

uziq wrote:

22 is way too young. not enough maturity. not enough experience. fuck a whole lotta women, son.
Marriage in my 20s wasn't for me either, so I never pursued it. But I feel like lot of people weirdly enjoy clucking their disapproval of people who did.
i want to test drive the whole damn lot before i put down my life’s deposit. enjoy cruising around the burbs with your kids in the back of that cadillac for the rest of your life. im not disapproving per se, i just don’t think it’s a good use of one’s penis in his 20s.

Last edited by uziq (2018-10-22 04:57:23)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Mitch wasn't in college at 22 so he definitely settled down with some townie from childhood.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Most women who get murdered by their husbands got married
Thats a more provable statistic.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
You ever think how scary it must be for women to have to worry about some rejected guy or their upset lover murdering them? I can't imagine not being able to go out at night or having to be extra careful because some guy might try to rape me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Statistically men are more likely to suffer random violence than women are to suffer random rape.
uziq
+492|3422
love me a spot of random violence.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
In America we have something called Mischief Night the night before Halloween. It is the day kids and teens commit acts of vandalism around their towns. I am really hoping to finally get my chance to beat up a 12 year old.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
IIRC it's really a Northeastern thing.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I am going to Boston next week!
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

DesertFox- wrote:

IIRC it's really a Northeastern thing.
Makes sense, because I haven't heard of it here.

Last edited by War Man (2018-11-02 11:49:49)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I am going to Boston next week!
The city is awesome.  The people kind of suck.  If you go out in the city at night, lots of people will try to sell you drugs.
DesertFox-
Got promoted to the senior level at work that I've been angling for since last year. Now I'm at the highest possible level without having to manage other people.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats definitely the best level to be at.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

I wouldn't mind managing people. After all it's pretty much like being a mod over here.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Managing is easy if you don't have people that are constantly late, missing days, fucking off all day at work... so... yeah, fml.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
I'm told it's weird, especially if you're technically adept. You have to become very hands-off and help people learn to do things you could do yourself in half the time in order to develop their skills. I'm co-leading a project where we nearly didn't have to do work, just manage, but luckily it ended up that we get to participate.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Yes, it's a pain in the ass, honestly. I'm supposed to dump my paperwork on others but then I spend all my time teaching people how to use computers, proofreading, editing, etc. I have three guys working for me and they're between 10 and 20 years older than me. Younger people are even worse though, I had one 20 something I had to fire because he wanted to "do his beats" all shift instead of working.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6593|Little Bentcock
I don't agree in sponsoring kids from third world countries, or sending aid unless it is an emergency. I feel if a nation can't support it's inhabitants, or if parents can't support their children, then the ecosystem is out of balance and it needs to correct itself.

Am I basically MacB?

Last edited by Adams_BJ (2018-11-21 20:50:29)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I do agree with sponsoring kids to gain an education and take it back with them, and sending aid during some calamity.
Otherwise shitholes are mostly shitholes because of the people in them, equatorial Africa is partially an exception, otherwise people only have themselves and their culture to blame for their situation, sending money doesn't help.
India has a space program and a nuclear arsenal, yet more than half the population is in poverty and disease. Still, they're too lazy to dig latrines for themselves - its their problem not mine.
Does this make me lowing? Maybe I am.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DesertFox- wrote:

I'm told it's weird, especially if you're technically adept. You have to become very hands-off and help people learn to do things you could do yourself in half the time in order to develop their skills. I'm co-leading a project where we nearly didn't have to do work, just manage, but luckily it ended up that we get to participate.
It is hard to step back and watch people fuck something up when you could do it quicker, but its still quicker for me if someone else takes 4 hours when I could have done it in 20 minutes. Thats 20 minutes I can use for surfing the web. My dream is to find an operator who can read a work instruction and follow a process sheet without fucking up, skipping things, doing things out of order or bothering me to walk them through it in the first place. That and one who doesn't believe they remember all the steps from three years ago and actually bothers to pull out the documents to refresh their memory ebfore diving into it. Maybe they could be the same person, perhaps I've gone insane.

Its fucking tedious being Word and Excel mentor to people who really should have learnt it, can't work it out for themselves and can't use the help function. I have one colleague who carries out a single simple robotic task every six months, every single time she has to be hand-held through it even though there is a written procedure in front of her "Now you highlight the cells, then you copy them, then jump to the other spreadsheet and paste them in here" my god...

Managing people - I've done it here and there and don't really like it. There's a fine line between being an asshole and a pushover and I've learned erring on the side of asshole is less effort and more productive in the long run.

Its a massive pain when people bring their personal life into work, one employee's wife phoned me up to ask why her ex-husband was telling her he had to spend all his time at work and couldn't look after the kids and why was the company making him work so hard.
That and people using nepotism to employ relatives who then can't be dealt with properly however useless they are. My manager apparently fired three competent supervisors to promote his girlfriend into the position, I now have to both deal with her and do anything remotely challenging for her.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
QI episode I saw the other night, basically said the most effective managers are "naggers".
Tell someone to do something then follow it up with an email etc. etc.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

QI episode I saw the other night, basically said the most effective managers are "naggers".
Tell someone to do something then follow it up with an email etc. etc.
You have to do that so you have a record. If it's important,  I follow up every phone conversation with an email. You have to, or else people just deny you told them to do stuff.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
put everything in writing, what? since when did bf2s become harvard business school. some advanced MBA level shit going on here.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I knew something was up when the CEO told everyone to stop using email and use Skype instead - devious shyster that he is.
Also say everything twice, it worked for Howard Hughes.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard