SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

hey desert fox, are you still somewhat involved in dentistry? My dentist fucked up a procedure and now I have a surgical instrument stuck in my mouth forever. Trying to figure out my recourse here.
Sue for medical malpractice
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I am not. That sounds.... bad, though.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Imagine going through life happy and healthy for 33 years and then some asshole buries a gauze into your gums.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Not gauze, it's a dental filing instrument.  It's pretty fucking annoying and it's affecting my quality of life.
uziq
+492|3422
why can't it be removed?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i was having a root canal performed, and my dentist broke an instrument in the root of the tooth.  Went to an endodontist, the endodontist couldn't remove it.  Went to a dental surgeon, his opinion was to extract the tooth.  I'm going to ask my dentist to cover the cost of extraction and pay for a permanent implant, because there's no reason i should be on the hook for a $10K operation because of medical negligence.
uziq
+492|3422
yech, that sounds unlucky. hopefully not too painful for you.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was having a root canal performed, and my dentist broke an instrument in the root of the tooth.  Went to an endodontist, the endodontist couldn't remove it.  Went to a dental surgeon, his opinion was to extract the tooth.  I'm going to ask my dentist to cover the cost of extraction and pay for a permanent implant, because there's no reason i should be on the hook for a $10K operation because of medical negligence.
Ouch, good luck.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Extract the tooth, get an implant, ask the dentist to pay some or all of the cost.

A tool breaking is something a dentist should be liable for,  its just one of those things that unfortunately happens from time to time and you got unlucky.

Maybe you're making sacrifices to the wrong god, perhaps try a different one. The Greek gods are probably a bit neglected ATMo and might appreciate the worship.

Otherwise its amazing how inept 'medical professionals' can be, and how brazen they can be about making you pay for their mistakes.
I have lots of anecdotes, more than car repairs even, if you're interested.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-11-02 22:01:39)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert's sex change was a disaster due to the surgeon being a drunken sot. he now has gills where his gingerbread man used to be.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
The sex change was fine, it was the change back which went awry.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i was having a root canal performed, and my dentist broke an instrument in the root of the tooth.
that's kinda common mishap with this procedure, unfortunately. good luck having it fixed.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
My cat broke a tooth, he could have had a root canal and a cap but he went with an extraction.
Being one of his major fangs it was bonded to his skull so removal was a serious operation.
Now he sometimes gets his upper lip caught on his lower fang and looks a little goofy, he's actually worn away some of the fur.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

He went with an extraction, huh? I'm relatively impressed your cat was cognizant enough to read and sign.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6443|6 6 4 oh, I forget

A friend of mine paid 2500€, minus some insurance, when he took his dog to the dentist. Think he said 12 teeth were removed.....
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Wtf just put the dog down
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Dogs are dumb. Dog probably didn't even know it has teeth missing. It might not even know if it is alive.
uziq
+492|3422
dilbert have you perchance ever read much about the creator of the dilbert comic strip? he is a compellingly insane individual. totally deluded. almost a sort of john mcaffee figure. there’s a blog on his website where he talks about his six pack abs and turning women on with his hypnotic words. he also thinks he understands trump on some weird master hypnotist level. lol.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Once you get millions in royalties you can say whatever. You can just grab the editors by the pussy.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

dilbert have you perchance ever read much about the creator of the dilbert comic strip? he is a compellingly insane individual. totally deluded. almost a sort of john mcaffee figure. there’s a blog on his website where he talks about his six pack abs and turning women on with his hypnotic words. he also thinks he understands trump on some weird master hypnotist level. lol.
I've pretty well modelled my life on his and David Icke's teachings.

I think its dangerous to say people aren't allowed faults, equally just because someone has a talent its dangerous to assume they are talented in all things. I'm not interested in the opinion of celebrities on anything.

Otherwise Scott Adams may be a nut, it does take an unhinged mind to find a different perspective and his perspective on office life and engineering is dead on.
uziq
+492|3422
oh, i absolutely agree and wasn’t trying to imply that a good comic artist should be some well-adjusted and sage old man. but he is engagingly nuts. it’s a good case study of what happens when a certain type of male ego gets given infinite money (and probably more female attention than nature’s own providence ever intended).

Last edited by uziq (2018-11-21 00:38:59)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans. GFYS to the Brits. Hallo to the scandis

Last edited by Jay (2018-11-22 09:39:16)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Thanksgiving is for British settlers though...
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Just remember, it was the British who slaughtered the Indians, after independence, somehow.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6293|Graz, Austria

Dilbert_X wrote:

Just remember, it was the British who slaughtered the Indians, after independence, somehow.
The last slaughterings were well into the 20th century, after WW1 even:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_ … _conflicts

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard