Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5347|London, England
None of that can be bought on amazon here
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6673|United States of America
"Land of the free" ... pffft
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Amazon sells alcohol in the U.S.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6095|eXtreme to the maX
My 14 year old car has been out in sun and the weather all this time and now looks like a 14 year old car thats spent 14 years out in the sun and the weather.

What must people think of me when I pull into the car park, or they pull along side me at traffic lights?

What? WHAT?
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
I thought I was going to get beat up today in Quick check.

I was at the iced coffee machine and noticed a tall man with camo pants come across the aisle and loom right over me for a few seconds. I know the guy whose wife I screwed around with sometimes goes to this Quick check and is a tall white guy and wears camo pants. I looked over my shoulder as my heart was racing and saw an old white man standing there. He was waiting for me to move so he could grab something from under the table.

I was seriously expecting to get punched in the face for a second.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

My 14 year old car has been out in sun and the weather all this time and now looks like a 14 year old car thats spent 14 years out in the sun and the weather.

What must people think of me when I pull into the car park, or they pull along side me at traffic lights?

What? WHAT?
My 14 year old car has a fender where the pain has begun bubbling off feelsbadman
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

My 14 year old car has a fender where the pain has begun bubbling off feelsbadman
Thats awful
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
Facebook won't let me change my display name. Since I am a public worker I essentially have to be super PC on my profile and in groups. I can't even post a Dave Chappelle skit because someone might take it the wrong way.
DesertFox-
Use Friend Lists/Permissions?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708
I wanted to post to a semi-private group for locals. I am not nervous about my friends and family.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

Amazon's wishlist is a lazy wreck. It would be hard enough to find specific items in my accumulated stack of stuff, without being forced to painstakingly load each tiny "snapshot" as I scroll down. "What was that one book I added four years ago? Hell if I know. Let me spend 45 minutes scanning for it." Jeff Bezos tops Forbes' rich people chart. Amazon sells voice recognition hardware and wants to deliver packages by drone. Why can't they fix their GUI.

fwp
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You can have more than one wish list, and set them up so one is non-fiction, one is fiction etc. You'll love it!
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Amazon's wishlist is a lazy wreck. It would be hard enough to find specific items in my accumulated stack of stuff, without being forced to painstakingly load each tiny "snapshot" as I scroll down. "What was that one book I added four years ago? Hell if I know. Let me spend 45 minutes scanning for it." Jeff Bezos tops Forbes' rich people chart. Amazon sells voice recognition hardware and wants to deliver packages by drone. Why can't they fix their GUI.

fwp
Bozos went into a massive funk when Australia put GST on online purchases. Now we can only order through amazon.com.au and each item has severely restricted sellers and more expensive, even thought they're the exact same sellers as on .co.uk and .com
uziq
+492|3441

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

fwp
i literally complained about this exact same thing a few weeks ago. my wish list actually had a purpose for the last 5 years. now it’s like a bad online version of short-term memory.
uziq
+492|3441

Jay wrote:

You can have more than one wish list, and set them up so one is non-fiction, one is fiction etc. You'll love it!
i have a thousand books or so in my reading list. i have to scroll for about 15 minutes if i want to recall anything i was interested in more than a month ago. it is retarded and if makes no sense to me why they rolled out this change over the last few years.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6761|PNW

Jay wrote:

Honestly, manual sorting in this case is just a raggedy band-aid. If you have too many folders, you have to scroll up and down the dialog box to find the correct one to put an item into, and if a folder gets too full of stuff you still have to scroll up and down while your titles buffer.

uziq wrote:

i literally complained about this exact same thing a few weeks ago. my wish list actually had a purpose for the last 5 years. now it’s like a bad online version of short-term memory.
It's so irritating, but I guess somewhere below the point where enough people are annoyed at Amazon to justify it being fixed. If they gave us like ten custom usertags at a minimum, I could find labeled items in a fraction of the time it takes for me to scroll through several hundred item rows in dated looking UI.

I get Barnes & Noble gift cards for Christmas so that's a nice break, even if their physical locations have 1/3 morphed into like toys/comics and Starbucks outlets.

Sorry about Australia, dilbert. In general, not just the Amazon bit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thanks, there's nothing good here, if you ever visited you would regret it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's Black Friday and there's nothing I need or want to buy
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3708

Jay wrote:

It's Black Friday and there's nothing I need or want to buy
I just need to get my mom a gift and I am done. I am stuck in that spot where my Mom can get herself whatever she wants and she just likes to watch T.V. anyway.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That moment when a hot chick sends you a friend request and you realise its a scam account and all her connected friends are also scam accounts.
uziq
+492|3441
jeez dilbert are you still in 2009 facebook or something?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Sorry Jessica, you're cute but I don't think you exist.
https://i.imgur.com/OxA9KGG.jpg
uziq
+492|3441
she is a 3/10 at best. why would anyone make a fake profile for that?
DesertFox-
As an aside, what the fuck is with the trend of taking selfies in your car? There's this kind of profile picture, but also the videos of people trying to go viral by saying some pseudo-deep wisdom they wrote a script for while pretending it's extemporaneous. It all reminds me of George from Seinfeld being nervous on the phone so he eats an apple to try to sound casual.
uziq
+492|3441
look at those disgusting little piggy fingers. i bet she eats microwave meals. seven generations of selectively bad breeding. wtf is dilbert thinking saying this is a suspiciously 'hot' fake profile adding him? i can hear that girl mouth-breathing from where i sit now.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard