Mitch
16 more years
+877|6495|South Florida
Graduated nursing school. Working as an RN now. Feelsgoodman.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

Mitch wrote:

Graduated nursing school. Working as an RN now. Feelsgoodman.
Congrats! I'm finally getting a formal degree of sorts in IT. Shoulda done this 10 years ago when I started in IT, but oh well... Doing 8 online courses and basically that's it. Also applied to a BBA school, but of course that thing was the second most popular choice that ppl clicked on... Still waiting further info on the process of that. Feels kinda odd to be studying after a 20 year break
uziq
+492|3422
never too late.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
People are strange. I just went down a rabbit hole after seeing an old coworkers Instagram profile. He was very quiet at work and I never talked to him much, but evidently he's 110% in on Instagram hashtags and posed pictures of food, drinks, coffee, clothes, watches, mountain bikes, and guitars. I knew he took a job for more money because fucking hell it seems he needs it. I'm just flabbergasted that people can get so invested in things.

In the words of the Neutral Ambassador, "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." The sheer amount of effort put into cataloguing one's life seems crazy to me. Maybe the hobby I've spent the most money on and for the longest time is gaming, but I'm nowhere near hardcore, just a dipshit who occasionally plays games on a 7 year old Dell.
Ultrafunkula

Holy shit. Got an invitation to an entrance examination of that BBA thingy on saturday next week. Last time I had an exam was in -03 when I got the extra letter A (motorcycle) for my driving licence. Got an itchy feeling this will be a wee different than that one, or the vocational school exams over 20 years ago....
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

DesertFox- wrote:

People are strange. I just went down a rabbit hole after seeing an old coworkers Instagram profile. He was very quiet at work and I never talked to him much, but evidently he's 110% in on Instagram hashtags and posed pictures of food, drinks, coffee, clothes, watches, mountain bikes, and guitars. I knew he took a job for more money because fucking hell it seems he needs it. I'm just flabbergasted that people can get so invested in things.

In the words of the Neutral Ambassador, "I have no strong feelings one way or the other." The sheer amount of effort put into cataloguing one's life seems crazy to me. Maybe the hobby I've spent the most money on and for the longest time is gaming, but I'm nowhere near hardcore, just a dipshit who occasionally plays games on a 7 year old Dell.
You have been posting on a dead forum for 15 years. You are a bigger weirdo.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

DesertFox- wrote:

this is the majority of people in our society and mass mediated culture at the moment. it could be far worse. their unthinking consumption fuels the economy. and instagram hashtags are fairly benign compared to the same demographic who, say, spend their time getting vexed in facebook groupuscules or on far-right blogs.

in the words of patrick bateman, "because I want to fit in".
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Wow.... just... wow. Read the Shahter vs. "Paid western media zeek" conversation and I'm quite speechless. I wonder, does it take much effort in being all see no evil, hear no evil when it comes to the west blaming Russia for shit they did?
not much effort. a little critical thinking, a wee bit of common sense - and one is capable of seeing through most western propaganda quite easily. tbqh, i wander why zeek and the likes can't. normally, they have intelligence, but, aparrently, it all fades away and they start drinking kool aid like crazy the moment theguardian.com posts another "zomg, evil putin!!1!"-thing.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Shahter wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Wow.... just... wow. Read the Shahter vs. "Paid western media zeek" conversation and I'm quite speechless. I wonder, does it take much effort in being all see no evil, hear no evil when it comes to the west blaming Russia for shit they did?
not much effort. a little critical thinking, a wee bit of common sense - and one is capable of seeing through most western propaganda quite easily. tbqh, i wander why zeek and the likes can't. normally, they have intelligence, but, aparrently, it all fades away and they start drinking kool aid like crazy the moment theguardian.com posts another "zomg, evil putin!!1!"-thing.
Yeah that and all the evidence (cue shahter saying it's not evidence)...
DesertFox-

uziq wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

this is the majority of people in our society and mass mediated culture at the moment. it could be far worse. their unthinking consumption fuels the economy. and instagram hashtags are fairly benign compared to the same demographic who, say, spend their time getting vexed in facebook groupuscules or on far-right blogs.

in the words of patrick bateman, "because I want to fit in".
Weirdly, you did touch both the words I would use to describe the situation. It's hyper consumerist as fuck and I've never met an ostensibly normal person who poses pictures and then tags a luxury watch company in it for their whopping 300 followers. I imagined his whole apartment has an American Psycho-esque vibe to it.
uziq
+492|3422

Shahter wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

multiple national governments, intelligence agencies, and dozens of leading media sources have all reported on this. they all say the same thing. stop pretending like we only read the guardian and recycle everything with an unthinking, uncritical intelligence. about four different countries have contributed to the investigation for fuck's sake.

your inept security services bungled an assassination on an old spy who flipped. everyone knows it. get over it with your kooky conspiracy theories and 'truth is impossible in the evil capitalist west' bullcrap. it is not big and it is not clever.

Last edited by uziq (2018-10-18 16:47:59)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
Is Shahter an 'alpha' bot account that's been trialled on this forum before unleashed on Twitter et al. but is still unable to break free from it's programming?
Ultrafunkula

coke wrote:

Is Shahter an 'alpha' bot account that's been trialled on this forum before unleashed on Twitter et al. but is still unable to break free from it's programming?
Or are we maybe reading the posts all wrong? Maybe they're a carefully disguised cry for help and he can't type what he really wants in fear of the GRU staging an accident on the highway.
uziq
+492|3422
keep drinking that kool aid, ultra. it’s clear that all these states are colluding to frame russia.
Ultrafunkula

uziq wrote:

keep drinking that kool aid, ultra. it’s clear that all these states are colluding to frame russia.
Lol, sure thing. Especially we, their hostile neighbors the Finns. Hmm, come to think of it, I've never tasted kool aid. What's it like? Gatorade or something?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Ultrafunkula wrote:

uziq wrote:

Lol, sure thing. Especially we, their hostile neighbors the Finns. Hmm, come to think of it, I've never tasted kool aid. What's it like? Gatorade or something?
Gross. You ever tried Tang? Same sort of thing. Comes in flavors like grape and cherry and is usually made with half a kilo of sugar per 4 liters.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ultrafunkula

Jay wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

uziq wrote:

Gross. You ever tried Tang? Same sort of thing. Comes in flavors like grape and cherry and is usually made with half a kilo of sugar per 4 liters.
Not sure. Tried to get a taste of all (as many as possible) the funny stuff sold in N.Y. when I was there in my early 20's. Probably never tried it.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

DesertFox- wrote:

Maybe its not that much effort, 1 post a day for a couple of years adds up to 730 posts.

Whats remarkable is how little the average person really does with their 168 hours a week, doing the maths:
50hrs work/travel
20hrs chores
60hrs sleep

That leaves 38 hours of disposable time for the average person, an entire second job or study class. What does the average person do with it, or their weekend for that matter? Nothing of significance, then they wonder why they're poor and ignorant.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Jay wrote:

Ultrafunkula wrote:

Not sure. Tried to get a taste of all (as many as possible) the funny stuff sold in N.Y. when I was there in my early 20's. Probably never tried it.
It's a poor people drink not sold in stores pre-mixed so you probably never saw it.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
No worse than soda though. I think they started adding vitamin C to it least.

In any case you should avoid sugary drinks period. Skim Milk, coffee, and water is the only stuff I will drink. I only get soda when at a restaurant.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I drink heavy cream in my coffee
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I never play the lotto but will today. If I win what do you guys want?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
World peace.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
You could fly every active BF2s member to New Jersey for no reason in particular.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I will buy you a life out of the midwest.
I will buy jay an education.
I will get ken his tranny operation.
I will put Uzi through rehab.
I will buy Dilbert a refugee wife.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard