uziq
+492|3443

Dilbert_X wrote:

Or they could be atheists, nothing complex there.
being atheist in the middle east as a recourse out of discrimination wow do i have a few surprises for you.

most christians in the middle-east who have received the brunt of hate and discrimination are just basically ethnic christians ... it's part of their deep cultural identity and traditions. would you blame a church of england christian for having their homes forcibly evacuated? it's their fault for getting their children baptised, marrying their daughters in the local village church, showing up to a fete every now and then? think a little harder dilderp. most copts are not exactly fringe extremists.

Last edited by uziq (2017-02-18 04:13:03)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6684
no hope for a gnostic
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
The deeper we get into the Trump presidency, the more I am probably going to come to hate evangelical protestants. Not all Christians just those. Catholics, Mormons, Mainline Protestants, Anglicans, and even Orthodox are still all fine. I really resent how moralizing evangelicals have been all these years but then turn around and support super capitalist degenerates for leadership. I honestly rather deal with Muslims than them. At least they follow through with their religion.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
They are the most brain-dead of the Christians. Enjoy having your tax dollars sent to Israel and your soldiers to fight for it, again.
The second coming must be around the corner.
Any day now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
It really annoys me when westerners convert to Islam. I don't understand how anyone can look at Islam and want to be a part of that. I am listening to a podcast interview with a white American woman who converted to Islam and makes comics about Muslim girl superheros. I am convinced this woman is mentally ill in some way.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can look at Islam and want to be a part of that.
Just remember that its very very rare for an adult to suddenly adopt a religion if they weren't brought up in it as a child.
This should be enough information, both on religion and the person.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6707

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It really annoys me when westerners convert to Islam. I don't understand how anyone can look at Islam and want to be a part of that. I am listening to a podcast interview with a white American woman who converted to Islam and makes comics about Muslim girl superheros. I am convinced this woman is mentally ill in some way.
There's a girl at uni who "converted" to islam.

Apparently it's to piss off her super catholic parents.

Yet she's apparently experimenting with lesbianism rn and drinks quite a lot at parties and accuses people of gender bias when someone said she was "aggressive" during a competition.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I don't understand how anyone can look at Islam and want to be a part of that.
Just remember that its very very rare for an adult to suddenly adopt a religion if they weren't brought up in it as a child.
This should be enough information, both on religion and the person.
my two most recent girlfriends converted to jesus after dating me.  haha
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
yeah but jesus is love
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Religion of peace strikes again
jsnipy
+3,276|6514|...

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It really annoys me when westerners convert to Islam. I don't understand how anyone can look at Islam and want to be a part of that..
Cucks
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
I honestly don't care how many children the Catholic Church has raped. No amount of raped children will make Protestants less wrong about everything.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I look forward to a world without religion.

I'm prepared to work to bring it about, armageddon would be an acceptable route.
uziq
+492|3443

SuperJail Warden wrote:

the appeal of islam is pretty straightforward: discipline and structure. it’s an old equivalent of the expensive ‘life-coach’ a californian would keep on retainer. follow their daily programme and you’ll be in top-top spiritual shape. i totally understand the appeal of religions like that when it comes to taming baser animal instincts. it just doesn’t make sense to western cultures built on a model of access and permissiveness, self-fashioning and individuation. islam makes life simple and hence easier to live untroubled (by removing choice of course). i can totally see why that appeals to a certain mass of people.

Last edited by uziq (2018-08-27 02:00:45)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Thats essentially Christianity for most of its history.
uziq
+492|3443
it’s a fairly obvious reading of all organised religion, subtracting the worldly power/power-making politics element. it’s why i think there’s still value to be found in the more gnostic elements of various faiths.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Maybe for stupid/easily led people, which lets face it is most of them.
uziq
+492|3443
yes dilbert, every gnostic, mystic, theologian and philosopher throughout history has been manifestly stupid and mentally deficient people because they are not positivists with a protractor and file.

also how do you get an ‘easily led’ gnostic. like do you even know what that term literally means. lol.

Last edited by uziq (2018-08-27 03:29:03)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5349|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Maybe for stupid/easily led people, which lets face it is most of them.
Is it though? I think most people, when given the option, prefer to make less decisions rather than more. To paraphrase Bernie Sanders, when you walk into a pharmacy and see 100 different shampoo brands, is that really better than only 4? Most people make a selection randomly, or based on recommendations, or because they saw an ad, and then they stick with that decision for years.

Uzi is right in that life simplification is the appeal of religions, and I will add that it is the biggest appeal for welfare statism as well. Most people are scared of the unknown and would prefer that some expert authority steer their decision making for them. That the so-called experts are more likely to lead them lemminglike off a cliff just provides a convenient scapegoat when the worst inevitably happens.

Rich people pay top dollar for life simplification coaching from wellness gurus. Poor people find religion and get much the same.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Well, I said most people, and most people aren't that smart whether they're rich or not. There are few people who are prepared to take responsibility for any aspect of their life, let alone every aspect.

Making decisions is hard, its hard work in the first place and it exposes people to the risk of being wrong which is painful.
Handing over your choices to someone else is the easy path even if its the wrong one.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

yes dilbert, every gnostic, mystic, theologian and philosopher throughout history has been manifestly stupid and mentally deficient people because they are not positivists with a protractor and file.
Don't lump philosophers in with the religious, thats not fair.

Otherwise yes.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Ireland just made abortion free. Government sponsored demographic decline.
uziq
+492|3443
birthrates in catholic countries frankly need all the help they can get in coming down. there are too many people on this planet without superstitious peasants and their families of 9.

Last edited by uziq (2018-09-20 11:27:03)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
The world needs all the Catholics it can get. It is either us or the Muslims.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2018-09-20 12:29:57)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3711
Compare how French, and German society has responded to Islamism compared to Spain, Italy, Ireland, and Poland and tell me who has it better under control?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard