War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6684|Purplicious Wisconsin

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the alternatives were worse?  How so? Trump is a vile, selfish, egotistical piece of trash.  I'd rather have you as president, War Person.
Sorry, but how is Hillary not those things? Or at least 2/3 of that plus an even bigger liar and corrupt? Hillary was beyond a problem, and 3rd party candidates were a joke.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I'll bite. Clinton never bragged about her sexual exploits like a classless fratboy. What does Clinton have to compare? Deplorables? Somehow pointing out that Trump has the support of legit white supremacists and neo-Nazis got spun to suggest that she called all his supporters that. As for selfishness, Clinton, at least, went through the motions of pretending to care about people as a senator and through the Clinton Foundation, which is actually a 501c3 unlike the Trump Org. I also don't thing egotism can be compared either when one of the people is obsessed with licensing their name for real estate ventures and various shitty businesses.

Somewhat similar to egotism, Trump will lie about easily verifiable things like his inauguration crowds. He lies so much it's got to be a chore to even make sense of them. He's created an entirely new newsbeat of fact checking all the ridiculous claims he makes at any of these rallies. Clinton doesn't even compare. Like the inauguration size, even prior to running for office, Trump has a paper trial a mile long of being a skeevy real estate rich kid, pervy creeper, and awful business partner. There's boatloads of high-quality investigative reporting detailing his ethics issues and conflicts of interest.

Not to mention, he has no political experience whatsoever, and his only experience at running businesses on his own were miserable failures. Clinton as president would have been frustrating for everyone, but at least Republicans would have been able to stonewall and grumble, which they seem to do better than governing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Clinton was fairly flaky, but most of her flakiness was on the record. Even the email server thing was a procedural error, no actual wrongdoing was discovered in however many tens of thousands of emails were since gone through.

Whereas every email Trump has ever sent and received was on a 'private email server' and they have never been scrutinised. Every time a stone is lifted there's something shady underneath, having associates pay off, threaten or otherwise silence people Trump doesn't want around, collusion with Russia etc.
Since most communication and financial information related to Trump is still secret we have no idea how big a corrupt liar he is, I expect the answer is that he's one of the biggest ever.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2018-08-02 02:22:24)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
They were both dumpster fires. Trump is a buffoon, but I actually like some of his policies. Not many, but some. I disliked the entire platform Clinton ran on.

Aside from the immigration crap, most of the stuff I hate that he's done is stuff the Democrats have been calling for for years, "Fair trade" protectionism chief among them.

But hey, this is why I vote third party.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

War Man wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the alternatives were worse?  How so? Trump is a vile, selfish, egotistical piece of trash.  I'd rather have you as president, War Person.
Sorry, but how is Hillary not those things? Or at least 2/3 of that plus an even bigger liar and corrupt? Hillary was beyond a problem, and 3rd party candidates were a joke.
QANON WWG1WGA
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

Aside from the immigration crap, most of the stuff I hate that he's done is stuff the Democrats have been calling for for years, "Fair trade" protectionism chief among them.
how much did it cost to bail out those farmers again?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Yeah the democrats really are calling for "fair trade protectionism".  Especially that damned Hillary and her support for TPP.  Especially Barack's presidency when he negotiated the TPP.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
I was watching a news program yesterday about how steel workers and a nail company were directly hurt by tariffs and are laying off people as a result. The lady they interviewed says she still supports Trump. Though she's directly hurt by it, she says he doesn't mean to do it. It's like a goddamn abusive relationship.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

NPR has interviewed pig farmers, soybean farmers, steel workers, heavy machinery equipment manufacturers, etc. All the blue-collar workers who supported Trump and are getting fucked by his beautiful, amazing trade policies are still supporting him.  People don't like to admit they're wrong, and there's definitely a sunk cost fallacy at work.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

how much did it cost to bail out those farmers again?
12 billion
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://i.imgur.com/oLgCDg7.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

NPR has interviewed pig farmers, soybean farmers, steel workers, heavy machinery equipment manufacturers, etc. All the blue-collar workers who supported Trump and are getting fucked by his beautiful, amazing trade policies are still supporting him.  People don't like to admit their wrong, and there's definitely a sunk cost fallacy at work.
Its like clockwork, Republicans promise the base policies which will benefit them in the short term and the country in the long term, then proceed to implement policies which entirely fuck over the base in the short term and the country in the long term.
Its as if the Republican base is retarded or some shit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

I don't even know what the Democrats policies are. They're the same as communists right?
Well done Jay.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
https://memegenerator.net/img/images/16123757.jpg
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

NPR has interviewed pig farmers, soybean farmers, steel workers, heavy machinery equipment manufacturers, etc. All the blue-collar workers who supported Trump and are getting fucked by his beautiful, amazing trade policies are still supporting him.  People don't like to admit their wrong, and there's definitely a sunk cost fallacy at work.
Its like clockwork, Republicans promise the base policies which will benefit them in the short term and the country in the long term, then proceed to implement policies which entirely fuck over the base in the short term and the country in the long term.
Its as if the Republican base is retarded or some shit.
there's better words than retarded to call people dumb.

The Republican platform relies on obfuscation. Jobs leaving due to manufacturing overseas? Immigrants are taking the jobs, and draconian business laws enacted by democrats are suffocating businesses.  Multiply every single gripe by Republicans by a thousand and color it in terms where democrat policy = bad and repub policy = good, and that's what you have.

People think the democratic party is for open borders.  It's gotten to the point where instead of defending policy position, they have to fight against Repub strawmen.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black
Fun reading boys
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

There's better words than retarded to call people dumb.
I was channeling Mike Judge

The Republican platform relies on obfuscation. Jobs leaving due to manufacturing overseas? Immigrants are taking the jobs, and draconian business laws enacted by democrats are suffocating businesses.  Multiply every single gripe by Republicans by a thousand and color it in terms where democrat policy = bad and repub policy = good, and that's what you have.
No shit.

People think the democratic party is for open borders.  It's gotten to the point where instead of defending policy position, they have to fight against Repub strawmen.
Arguing with Jay is very tiring. You can only explain that Social Democracy =/= Stalinism and that people who don't own businesses don't necessarily hate freedom so many times.

I was thinking that maybe Trump is in fact super smart.

The Chinese goods tariff is effectively a VAT that only poor people pay. He'd have been pilloried for imposing a Federal VAT of 1% but call it a tariff and everyone paying 25% extra for their Walmart garbage is right behind it, meantime he can use the money raised for corporate tax cuts.
When you think about its its pure genius - from the Republican plutocracy perspective - rob the poor to help the rich and furthermore the poor are loving it.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Finray wrote:

Fun reading boys
no shit. putin and me are both running out of pop-corn fast.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Russian Spam Bot wrote:

no shit. putin and me are both running out of pop-corn fast.
Sanctions starting to bite eh? Soon you'll have no corn of any kind.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
nah. corn is plentiful here. it's just me not coming prepared for people on this forum still going round and around about trump and clinton. as for putin - i don't think there's corn enough on earth to last him through all the lulz he's getting having actually met that thing americans call their president now.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Shahter wrote:

nah. corn is plentiful here. it's just me not coming prepared for people on this forum still going round and around about trump and clinton. as for putin - i don't think there's corn enough on earth to last him through all the lulz he's getting having actually met that thing americans call their president now.
It's the classic american right wing response - point out trump is a shit stain of an american (let alone representing the US as a president), and the response is "but what about hillary?!?!".  It's really pathetic.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia
you know what i find pathetic? the notion you all seem to have that every four years by making a choice between a douche and a turd presented to you by your ruling class you are actually participating in something meaningfull. how any person in his/her right mind would not see through that is beyond me.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Shahter wrote:

It's the classic american right wing response - point out trump is a shit stain of an american (let alone representing the US as a president), and the response is "but what about hillary?!?!".  It's really pathetic.
You say pathetic, I say what it boils down to.

Trump winning was symptomatic of a larger issue, and he was the man who got to be in that position when the world was screaming "nah fuck you" to a dirty, shady, corrupt lifetime politician. I'm just mad it didn't bring more to the surface.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro

Shahter wrote:

you know what i find pathetic? the notion you all seem to have that every four years by making a choice between a douche and a turd presented to you by your ruling class you are actually participating in something meaningfull. how any person in his/her right mind would not see through that is beyond me.
I mean this is kinda funny coming from someone who lives under Putin but it's not wrong

And yes, Britain is in just as dumb a situation, where we elect people into power who throw up a virtue signaling referendum then panic and bail when it blows up in their face.

Whole world is fucked and splitting off into tribes and screaming at each other is not gonna solve the problem.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6745|Moscow, Russia

Finray wrote:

this is kinda funny coming from someone who lives under Putin
ffs, dude. when have i ever said that i agreed with anything putin does to russia? i'm an actual commie, remember? i dislike putin as much as anyone here, probably more, having lived under him for decades.

Whole world is fucked and splitting off into tribes and screaming at each other is not gonna solve the problem.
well, duh. let's start by getting rid of ridiculous notions about ways and purposes of so-called "democratic processes" in capitalist states, shall we?

edit: misread the post. since these forums kinda died had no real practice communicating in english.

Last edited by Shahter (2018-08-10 04:54:03)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard