DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Some son of a bitch, probably at work, scraped their white piece of shit deeply into my cars bumper clear through the paint layer. Might be able to look on security camera to try and see who was parked next to me.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Sounds like you need a https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41yqd1O%2Bf9L.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Still would've been outside the scope of whatever the fuck that is. It's like the car next to me was pulling back and started turning their wheel before it was clear.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Sounds like you need a
Every time I see one of those I silently mock the person. The thing flapping back and forth is going to rub away the paint under it, and all of the paint around it is going to fade, causing a noticeable discoloration. You might as well make an appointment with a body shop when you buy one.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
I changed my oil and this grade, the most expensive obviously, really suits my Subaru's engine, its quieter and seems to have more power.
Now I can hear the gearbox whining
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Sounds like you need a
Every time I see one of those I silently mock the person. The thing flapping back and forth is going to rub away the paint under it, and all of the paint around it is going to fade, causing a noticeable discoloration. You might as well make an appointment with a body shop when you buy one.
People get all bent out of shape about the anti-corrosion coating on their buggy.
In 10-15 years the whole thing will be worthless anyway.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

I changed my oil and this grade, the most expensive obviously, really suits my Subaru's engine, its quieter and seems to have more power.
i'm thinking about buying a suburu.  What should i get?  I was looking at the outback.  Is it worth getting the touring addition? It looks like most of the features are cosmetic.  I'm leaning towards the V6...is that the one you have? Do they make a manual version?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Get a STI and go drifting
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

haha no thanks.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

i'm thinking about buying a suburu.  What should i get?  I was looking at the outback.  Is it worth getting the touring addition? It looks like most of the features are cosmetic.  I'm leaning towards the V6...is that the one you have? Do they make a manual version?
Well, I hate giving people advice on capital purchases... presumably you're looking at new? There are a few years of production which should be avoided due to piston ring issues.

Outback is most expensive in the range, Forester and Legacy are exactly the same powertrain but cheaper.

Subaru don't make a V6, you're thinking of the flat six. Unless you're going to be whizzing around at speed or doing much towing I don't think you need the 3.6l

It seems the NA Outback is CVT only, the Forester and Crosstrek you have the option. CVT scares me due to complexity but the Subaru one seems solid and has been around a while. No doubt they'll be expensive when they reach the end of their service life.

I have a 2005 2.5l Auto Forester, my sister the 2017 2.5l Auto (CVT) Forester. We're both happy with them respectively, mine needed the head gaskets done, hers is a bit tall and wobbly for my taste but I guess I could get used to it. I did have an Outback for a day and it seems nice, but I didn't throw it around.

Subaru doesn't have quite Toyota quality, but I like them better, the ergonomics, sight lines etc are the best in Subarus in my view (except the Crosstrek which has poor 3/4 field of view). They also don't yet have everything controlled by touch screen (yet).
If my Forester blew up an I had money to burn I'd think about an Outback next, otherwise a Legacy would be my quick purchase.

The remaining asian cars are all much of a muchness, Honda, Mazda, Hyundai all slavishly copy each other.
Its worth looking at a BMW X3 to see what a well designed quality car is like, then go buy a Toyota or Subaru

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-08-30 02:49:38)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Get a STI and go drifting
Ken doesn't need another STI.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Well, I hate giving people advice on capital purchases... presumably you're looking at new? There are a few years of production which should be avoided due to piston ring issues.

Outback is most expensive in the range, Forester and Legacy are exactly the same powertrain but cheaper.

Subaru don't make a V6, you're thinking of the flat six. Unless you're going to be whizzing around at speed or doing much towing I don't think you need the 3.6l

It seems the NA Outback is CVT only, the Forester and Crosstrek you have the option. CVT scares me due to complexity but the Subaru one seems solid and has been around a while. No doubt they'll be expensive when they reach the end of their service life.

I have a 2005 2.5l Auto Forester, my sister the 2017 2.5l Auto (CVT) Forester. We're both happy with them respectively, mine needed the head gaskets done, hers is a bit tall and wobbly for my taste but I guess I could get used to it. I did have an Outback for a day and it seems nice, but I didn't throw it around.

Subaru doesn't have quite Toyota quality, but I like them better, the ergonomics, sight lines etc are the best in Subarus in my view (except the Crosstrek which has poor 3/4 field of view). They also don't yet have everything controlled by touch screen (yet).
If my Forester blew up an I had money to burn I'd think about an Outback next, otherwise a Legacy would be my quick purchase.

The remaining asian cars are all much of a muchness, Honda, Mazda, Hyundai all slavishly copy each other.
Its worth looking at a BMW X3 to see what a well designed quality car is like, then go buy a Toyota or Subaru
I was also looking at the Forester! I'm still probably about 6 months out from actually buying a new car, although if i see a good deal i might just pull the trigger.  i own a Toyota now and I've had it for 5 years with literally no issues beyond regular maintanence, but I think I need something that has a bit more room and that I can use to lug around stuff.

Thanks for the breakdown.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Thinking about buying a compact suv. This one.

https://mcarsstatic.cachefly.net/img/vehicles/osp/2017/trims/GT-2.4-AWC/360/rally-red/12-d.png
Just waiting until it gets closer to winter. I want a commuter car that can handle snow.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
So I am at a bar at 1:30AM in my hometown. I see this black woman walk into the bar with what looks like a hijab. So I figure l, fuck it, I look Arab, know a bunch of bullshit about Islam and work in a 90% black school. I might as well hook with a black chick.

Anyway she sits next to these two white guys. One is a neck beard, literally has a neck beard, big scruffy beard. The other guy is a cripple. Well shaven and dressed but walks with a cane. I literally had to walk around him to get out of the bathroom.

Anyway like i said, she sits next to these two lesser humans. The two white guys sit there talking complaining about the music videos on the the t.v. They ignored the black chick. So I figured they were not together. When they finally stepped out, I walked up to the black girl.

Anyway I start taking to the black girl. Somewhere she mentions she has a boyfriend who has been drinking tonight and he is somewhere. Whatever back off, I get it. Then comes in the cripple, who comes in and tells me to get out of his place. The black girl tells me he is her boyfriend and I trip over his cane he left by the bar. I have to pick up his cane while apologizing for Knocking it over and all. I don't want to have to fight a neckbeard, a cripple, and a black girl at the same time.

Anyway, the night continues and finally the bar closes. I go to the local 711ish type place to get a sandwich and while there, this tall black young shaved guy ask if the bar is still open. I tell him no and leave.

The guy follows me out the store, I am obviously blasted stumbling all over the place,and starts asking where he could get weed and then talks about coke. I am interested because I do drugs and ask him if he has drugs in his car. His car is the same direction, I walk in. When we get to the car, he ask me if he could suck my dick. I said no, he doesn't have any drugs and I am way too drunk for that besides not being gay. He tries to convince me. He pointed out that he drives a Benz and it is nice inside. He then asked for a some money for gas. After some polite refusals, I give him a dollar, literally the only cash I had on me and wish him a goodnight while he pleads to suck my dick.

First world problem: gay people just flatly ask to suck your dick.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

so, what is exactly the problem?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
This is why I've made a point of never getting into a Mercedes.
Mercedes drivers are all cock-sucking faggots.
uziq
+492|3422
new jersey sounds like an old corroded arsehole.
Finray
Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5758|Catherine Black

SuperJail Warden wrote:

she sits next to these two lesser humans.
how can you be lesser than non?
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So I am at a bar at 1:30AM in my hometown. I see this black woman walk into the bar with what looks like a hijab. So I figure l, fuck it, I look Arab, know a bunch of bullshit about Islam and work in a 90% black school. I might as well hook with a black chick.

Anyway she sits next to these two white guys. One is a neck beard, literally has a neck beard, big scruffy beard. The other guy is a cripple. Well shaven and dressed but walks with a cane. I literally had to walk around him to get out of the bathroom.

Anyway like i said, she sits next to these two lesser humans. The two white guys sit there talking complaining about the music videos on the the t.v. They ignored the black chick. So I figured they were not together. When they finally stepped out, I walked up to the black girl.

Anyway I start taking to the black girl. Somewhere she mentions she has a boyfriend who has been drinking tonight and he is somewhere. Whatever back off, I get it. Then comes in the cripple, who comes in and tells me to get out of his place. The black girl tells me he is her boyfriend and I trip over his cane he left by the bar. I have to pick up his cane while apologizing for Knocking it over and all. I don't want to have to fight a neckbeard, a cripple, and a black girl at the same time.

Anyway, the night continues and finally the bar closes. I go to the local 711ish type place to get a sandwich and while there, this tall black young shaved guy ask if the bar is still open. I tell him no and leave.

The guy follows me out the store, I am obviously blasted stumbling all over the place,and starts asking where he could get weed and then talks about coke. I am interested because I do drugs and ask him if he has drugs in his car. His car is the same direction, I walk in. When we get to the car, he ask me if he could suck my dick. I said no, he doesn't have any drugs and I am way too drunk for that besides not being gay. He tries to convince me. He pointed out that he drives a Benz and it is nice inside. He then asked for a some money for gas. After some polite refusals, I give him a dollar, literally the only cash I had on me and wish him a goodnight while he pleads to suck my dick.

First world problem: gay people just flatly ask to suck your dick.
Do you know the joke, where a neckbeard, a cripple and a black chick walk into a bar?
Me neither, but can I suck your dick?
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3930|SL,UT

|()|
uziq
+492|3422
fucking estate agents in my last apartment are charging me £115 for a 'contractor' to replace 6 halogen bulbs worth £10 for a multipack.
Ultrafunkula
Hector: Ding, ding, ding, ding...
+1,975|6444|6 6 4 oh, I forget

uziq wrote:

fucking estate agents in my last apartment are charging me £115 for a 'contractor' to replace 6 halogen bulbs worth £10 for a multipack.
You took them with you?

https://www.universitybythesea.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/11/light-bulb-light-bulb-meth-pipe-this-is-very-similar-to-smoking-with-regard-to-light-bulb-meth-pipe-270x300.jpg
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

When I rented a shared house in London the landlord pocketed the £1k deposit and blamed us for 'damage' such as the floorboards sawn up where the central heating had been installed. The estate agent wasn't even slightly interested. I would have taken the fucker to court but my fellow tenants weren't bothered. I went round at one point to take photos for any potential action and the next tenants were drug addicts who had the place piled to the ceiling with junk and rubbish, so ha.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I wish I'd taken the BF2 username 'M0R81D 0B3S1TY'

You have been killed by M0R81D 0B3S1TY - that would have been epic every time.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Needed a laptop. Just a simple Win 10 one for me to plug into a HDMI projector while running Google slides for teaching. Went to Staples and found one that was okay. They have a price match policy so I showed the clerk an online ad for one that was cheaper but was told it needed to be a place with a brick and mortar presence. So I went to Walmart's website but was told that the product needed to be officially sold by Walmart and not an affiliate even though it is on their website.

So I just left. Got in my car and ordered a $400 laptop off of Amazon with my rewards card. Got $20 cash back and paid no taxes. The Amazon one also has 2 more CPU cores, 2 gigabytes more RAM, double the HD space, and has a disc drive. These stores really are doomed.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2018-06-27 19:48:11)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard