unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Not going to sugarcoat it. I feel like it's the kind of homegrown horseshit the US deserves. That our sense of reasonable propriety is so off-kilter that we'll let things like elections tear friends and families apart through internet arguments.

The whole "heal the divide," "pursue solidarity" sentiment is a load of crap. The side that wins the presidency smugly parades these slogans as if the opposition are the ones solely responsible for "tearing the country apart." What sign-proppers with this crap on them actually want you to do is to stop thinking your way and start thinking theirs. It angers them when people don't simply cave to their flushed tirades.

People like this don't know how to react when folks offer an opinion with the barest hint of challenge to theirs. So a group of people who might be ordinarily kind and polite to one another devolve into confrontations like this ape-screech showdown. They either don't see or don't care that their behavior is making a complete mockery of them.

tl;dr irresistible force paradox
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
https://i.imgur.com/JFlyxFr.png
What would be really great would be if Americans could travel a bit and gain some perspective.

There was some bullshit in this, but some truisms and worthwhile alternative perspectives.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt4897822/?ref_=m_nmfmd_prd_2

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-04-01 17:39:18)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
American tourist are already the worst. Imagine if the ignorant lot started traveling too.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6150|what

They have more museums than McDonalds.

They have no reason to travel.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

DrunkFace wrote:

American tourist are already the worst. Imagine if the ignorant lot started traveling too.
Its the only way they're going to learn about the world though.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

Drunkface and dilbert hate Americans so nothing surprising hating on american tourists.  As someone who travels internationally far more often than either of you, I can say Americans don't have nearly the negative stigma as Russians and Chinese.

Bad russian tourists are the worst.  Worse than bad Chinese tourists.

Chinese tourists don't know better. Russian tourists know better but don't care.  Both are some of the cheapest people I have ever run into.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No-one complains like a fat American tourist.
Its clear why a petulant man-baby like Trump gained so much traction.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

the venn diagram overlap between "fat american" and "american international tourist" is so small that you probably could measure it with your penis.  Trump voters are overwhelmingly rural white Americans ie. the type of people who never leave their insular backwoods village.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6735|Oxferd Ohire
they do go to racing events in florida
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

the venn diagram overlap between "fat american" and "american international tourist" is so small that you probably could measure it with your penis.  Trump voters are overwhelmingly rural white Americans ie. the type of people who never leave their insular backwoods village.
Your opinion is not doubt coloured by:
a) Being American
b) 75% Of your fellow Americans being overweight or obese
There is no shortage of whiny fat American tourists, trust me.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Your opinion is not doubt coloured by:
a) Being American
b) 75% Of your fellow Americans being overweight or obese
There is no shortage of whiny fat American tourists, trust me.
Last I checked, Australia is the most obese country on the planet.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It must be a while ago that you checked then.
http://www.worldatlas.com/articles/29-m … world.html
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone
I don't hate Americans, I just hate arrogance. It just happens that those 2 things overlap a lot.

Also I've never heard anyone complain about Russian tourists and had no complaints myself. The Chinese with their complete lack of common courtesy and the fact they roam around in hoards of 40 is annoying, but nothing tops the Americans who complain about everything and do it so loudly.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

DrunkFace wrote:

Also I've never heard anyone complain about Russian tourists and had no complaints myself.
You're just not very well traveled then.

"but nothing tops the Americans who complain about everything and do it so loudly"

The chinese do the same, but guess you just don't understand them.

At least americans don't piss into cups at restaurants or turn a place into complete trash.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Clearly you've never been to a baseball match.
Its probably a good thing I can't understand their gabbling, but fuck me do Chinese make a lot of noise in restaurants.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5176|Sydney
I love racial stereotypes!

All Aussies are racists!

Woohoo!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
It is annoying how overly dramatic many liberals are being towards anything Trump does. Even things they would have applauded Clinton for are suddenly conspiracies and incompetence.

They are calling the Syria airstrikes a plot between Trump and Putin to kill the Russia scandal. Trump just lifted the federal hiring freeze which will led to thousands of more jobs for people. They are calling it proof that his administration doesn't know how to run the government instead of the reality that they want to boost the monthly jobs numbers.

All of this hyperventilating is going to end up exhausting people and let the truly bad things the administration wants to get through fly under the radar.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5356|London, England
Fox news did the same thing when Obama won the first time. They rolled out story after story hoping one of them would turn into a real scandal. Just part for the course.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
The FiveThirtyEight politics podcast for some time has been exploring a lot of issues in terms of "smoke vs. fire". The "Russia stuff" does have an awful lot of smoke, especially after what's come to light with Flynn et al., but just this week they were talking about it in regards to Watergate, how, there wasn't suddenly just a front page story of "IT WAS NIXON AND THIS IS HOW IT'S ALL CONNECTED!" It was weeks of stories coming out, encouraging more people who knew something to lead to more stories before it was all played out.

Even as someone who masochistically enjoys reading political news, it does strain one sometimes when Google News had Trump as a top story in almost every category. Part of it is the super-duper liberals who are equivalent to the intransigent Repubs who spew faux outrage because Kellyanne put her feet on the sofa in the Oval Office. It's taxing to sift through the chatter to find real stories with 24/7 Trumpwatch.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
I was listening to the NPR podcast and one of the people on the show had a theory that makes the most sense.

He argued that the Trump team had no role in the hacking. Instead they were in contact with Russian officials and they were both encouraging each other. Neither thought Trump would win and it would not matter after the election. So there was no conspiracy and Trump did nothing illegal. He just enjoyed getting his ass kissed by Russians and the Russians enjoyed ruffling feathers.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
So now its the lefts turn to call out all the flip-flopping by Trump.
Remember when Fox ranted about nothing but?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3717
meh if he does what I want him to do, I am not going to try to convince him to reverse track.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6682|United States of America
I'm still waiting for the promised infrastructure spending that has widespread bipartisan support.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That's going to fly right up until into the wall of increased taxes/borrowing.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6769|PNW

Probably fill a few potholes and say "how do you like them apples, libertards."

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard