Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6624|United States of America
https://www.flatrock.org.nz/topics/odds_and_oddities/assets/wanting_a_meal.jpg

This little girl died a horrible death for no reason.  She was not trying to climb Mt. Everest or taking risks.  Why doesn't the UN fix the problems in Africa.  I know if the US went in and tried to help these people Europe would scream bloody murder about the US "occupying, repressing, creating terrorism". Why don't European countrys that are not in Iraq use their military to police the Sudan and get rid of the thugs.  Maybe occupy Somolia until a democracy is in place and an infastructure for society is built.

Things like this picture really piss me off because this should never happen.  I could not imagine a Picture that is more sad than this.

This is prof. that the UN is useless.
JimKong
+31|6612|Ohio
$$$
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus
well if we send UN forces to sudan at now then they will probably get attacked by the sudanese army.
But i think we should send a UN force in anyway.
T0rr3nt
+54|6547|Michigan

JimKong wrote:

$$$
couldnt have said it better myself.
Major_Spittle
Banned

herrr_smity wrote:

well if we send UN forces to sudan at now then they will probably get attacked by the sudanese army.
Hmmmm, UN peacekeepers attacked.  Is this something they are not prepared to handle???  Maybe they could attack/defend.  Or are they only good at molesting the locals???
CameronPoe
+2,925|6525
Sudan doesn't really have much oil or any strategic value so we shouldn't bother.
Erkut.hv
+124|6705|California
Let the Arab countries of the world help out their brethren.

The US is the great Satan, remember?
Arcano-D.E.S
+13|6516
Send in the UN and get them some NATO backup. Fight hard and get that aid in and distributed. Any person who is trying to disrupt an aid shipment to starving people by attacking or stealing it should be considered to have committed a crime against humanity and should be dealt with accordingly.
JimKong
+31|6612|Ohio
Africa needs it's entire borders redrawn. And I don't think the warlords would go for that.
herrr_smity
+156|6597|space command ur anus

Major_Spittle wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Hmmmm, UN peacekeepers attacked.  Is this something they are not prepared to handle???  Maybe they could attack/defend.  Or are they only good at molesting the locals???
to say it this way. they attack the UN forces and then the UN forces must go to war against the Sudan government.
then you may destabilise the region and then what will you do, go to war withe all of them.
why cant China do something or Russia.
personally i think that the former colonial power have a responsibility fix the mess that they created.

Last edited by herrr_smity (2006-05-26 15:56:10)

Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807
I have no Idea, but it puts things into prespective,
        I guy I knew in high school but hadn't seen in years contacted me after about 20 plus years, I met him for dinner. Apparently another mutual friend of ours had just committed suicide. He had been close to the guy and I guess he wanted someone to talk to. So we talked, he was getting a divorce etc.. Told him what to do, what not to do (didn't listen). Anyway He stooped calling me up and I was cool with it (happy really ). But the reason he stopped calling me was. His wife had a restraining order out against him. He violated it. By driving down her street. Jail time! So I fielded a couple of collect call from jail "lonely I guess " no big deal.
      So one day I get a call "Hey, I got a big favor to ask you, can I use your address when I get out just for a few weeks till I get on my feet?" I was like "ok I will stay with My GF. I am moving in a week or to so you can take over my apt if its ok with the Landlord, till then you can use my TV, appliances, computer, furniture etc. " ( I have the Ultimate Bachalor Pad lol )

So after a week or two in my apt, his parol officer searches my apt, Finds some ammo, a gun cleaning kit etc.. Back to jail for him. oops sorry.

The reality of it was they  ( Cops ) had met me there to make sure I was cool and interview me about my participation in his parol. Three cops were in my apt for four hours or so on two different days. They went thru it with a fine tooth comb. I said " I have a legal Gun permit but dont keep it in my apt."  But they saw all the other stuff. They could have said something like , no gun paraphernalia, parts, cleaning kits, old WW1 holsters, my great grandfathers Sabers for christsakes.

They call ATF who toss the whole house. They find a spare magazine for my .( totally legal ) .45 that I keep at my moms house etc. Then they show up at my GF's  apt. and ask me all these questions about what I own, where are they, etc. Guns I dont have any more, When I sold them etc. Asking me about stuff I sold in 1988 in Vermont like I am going to have a receipt for it? Really scary,
       They won't answer any question I ask them. Why are you here? What did I due wrong? Are there any fines? Am I in trouble? They kept alluding to a gun they may have found in the Apt. Was it one of mine in a box of clothes I took out of my moms house recently?  I have no idea as they wouldn't tell me what they found. (I am moving, had every thing in boxes and my Mom brought me some stuff old clothes tools books etc. that I had at her house)

So anyway I think I need a hard core NYC Lawyer who handles cases for drug dealers and shit.
I feel like shit about the guy too. I was only trying to help him out, now he's fuhqed. I don't know if I am.

Then I get a 60k Fine from the IRS. I was really feeling down about it.

When I read something like this I think.
Life is good here. No big problems in the long run. It made me feel really shallow and foolish.

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-05-26 14:30:16)

Snipedya14
Dont tread on me
+77|6664|Mountains of West Virginia
Yea we can bitch and moan about Liberal and Conservative...Who is better in this or that.

But there is alot of things out there that really need to be changed.
Random-Hero58
+10|6529|TX
Because the UN is a defunct corrupt organization.

I really wish people would stop wanting the UN to do stuff, haven't people figured it out in its 60 years of existence it really has done nothing?

Why don't European countrys that are not in Iraq use their military to police the Sudan and get rid of the thugs.  Maybe occupy Somolia until a democracy is in place and an infastructure for society is built.

This is prof. that the UN is useless.
Agreed 100%. Nothing is doing to change there in Sudan until someone brings a military force and kicks the shit out of the militias and corrupt government there.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
Last I hear, EU was looking at contributing troops to the UN presence which is *already there*.  Currently it consists of African Union troops.  Why?  Because history shows us time and time again that the only way to prevent racial violence is to change the culture.  To do that you must understand the culture.  Using Africa to solve African problems will *always* be better than using outside forces.
Major_Spittle
Banned

Bubbalo wrote:

Last I hear, EU was looking at contributing troops to the UN presence which is *already there*.  Currently it consists of African Union troops.  Why?  Because history shows us time and time again that the only way to prevent racial violence is to change the culture.  To do that you must understand the culture.  Using Africa to solve African problems will *always* be better than using outside forces.
While the touchy feely approach toward the war lord culture is going on, there are whole villages being wiped out. 

And I don't know what history you are talking about????  The history that I recall working is the one where people wiped out evil and protected innocent people.  We didn't wait for Germans to fix Nazism in Germany while the Jews were being killed. 

And Obviously Africa is doing a shitty job at solving Africa's problems.  What they need is help, not touchy feeliness and Babbalo political correctness (ie if they have a different skin color treat them differently or you will get call racist and that is the worst thing that can happen in Babbaloville Land).

I don't think the little girl in the picture could even see anymore.  She just needed food, even from whitey or a non-african.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
History in Africa, in Asia, in eastern Europe, and in the Middle East.  Moving an army in works short term, but in the long term it only turns sentiment *against* those trying to help.  And Germany is a poor example, for two main reasons:

1) Germany was dealt with mainly by the locals.  Y'see, funny thing, Germany is in this place called Europe.  I'm not sure if American maps list it though.  I sometimes get the feeling that outside the borders of America, American maps just show a few blurry lines.

2)  WWII was a short term issue.

Edit:  Those who say I never speak wrong of Australia (well, there's really only one that I know of)?  Australia is by far the *worst* of the offenders mikkel speaks of.

Last edited by Bubbalo (2006-05-27 06:50:50)

mikkel
+383|6571
The UN has more relief programs running in Africa than you could possibly imagine, and HUGE sums of money are going into the aid efforts. The major problems about the UN not being able to contribute more is that many countries fail to meet the UN quota for foreign aid set for developed countries at 0,7% of the GNP. Only five out of twenty-two countries meet these quotas. The UN is only as strong as its member states, and when countries like Germany, Japan, the US, France and the UK fail to meet these goals, I think that the member states are to blame. Not the UN. The US and Japan, two richest countries bound by this agreement, are short $80bn USD, $60bn and $20bn respectively, and a lot of other countries are just as bad.

If the UN is supposed to work, the member states have to be prepared to do their share.

Last edited by mikkel (2006-05-27 06:49:44)

gameaddict
+35|6650|let op drempels
i really don't really pay attention to Africa(and no I'm not a sadist) but i would rather see some wildlife saved from dead i mean if 1000 Africans died its sad but it wouldn't inflict the world much,when a entire specie of wildlife dies out it can mess up the whole balance of the world.
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6680|Sweden
I hope her life gets better soon

Last edited by Sh1fty2k5 (2006-05-29 06:41:38)

Major_Spittle
Banned

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Good thing that little nigger died (negative karma HERE WE COME!)
You have no soul.
|Vap0rXX|
+10|6552

Erkut.hv wrote:

Let the Arab countries of the world help out their brethren.

The US is the great Satan, remember?
Well said, this is so true. I mean you ahve to feel sorry for all those Arab's in Iraq with their freedoms and all, curse America and the rest fo the Western world for giving them a chance to live an unopressed life.
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6807

Major_Spittle wrote:

Sh1fty2k5 wrote:

Good thing that little nigger died (negative karma HERE WE COME!)
You have no soul.
please say it was a bad joke. It Was a child.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6531
I think he was referring to the person who said we should help animals, referencing the bird in the background.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6725|United States of America
Wait, look at the irony here. People were and are still glad the US was hit on 9/11.  Then they will be willing to bitch about you child? There were children in the towers too!  The UN is a bunch of pussies.  They sit and talk, nothing happens.  We send money to African governments but they are corrupt and use it for themselves not their people.  OK, the USA has done its share trying to help the world.  Let's see all the others try on their own.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6642|Colorado
sad stuff

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard