Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Uzi, you lost the second you resorted to insults. To quote Trump, you're a loser and will always be a loser.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
insults? look back over your posts. every time someone counters your fatuous points – including cybargs, dilbert and kj – you shift the ground. not to forget your grand escape clause, "i don't even support trump, i don't know why you guys keep bullying me, i'm not even interested in trump" bla bla. but all you do is come here and defend his policies and the actions of his administration. then when people criticise your reasoning in a way you can't respond to, you back out and say you're not his supporter anyway. why do you even waste your time?

well i know why you waste your time. you like the sound of your own voice. you come out with some high sounding nonsense about stockbrokers and profiteers but lack the analytical nous to see the implications of your statements. so you hate profiteering stockbrokers but trump's administration's fiscal and regulatory policies are a-ok. no surprises why everyone in this thread – not just me – are facepalming at your rhetorical nonsense posts.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

Uzi, you're such a complete waste of time. I hope your brother died an extremely painful death.
wow the fuck is wrong with you.
I'm overy it. Every post he writes is an insult. Day after day of insults. He's insulted me and he's insulted my kids. Fuck him. I'm sick of his childish nonsense.
So you wish his brother is actually dead?

That's fucked. Maybe a special snowflake like you needs a safe space.

Jesus tittyfucking Christ.

Last edited by Jaekus (2017-02-04 06:10:27)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

Uzi, you're such a complete waste of time. I hope your brother died an extremely painful death.
And I get perm banned for making a rape joke
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

yes white scholarships have been cut drastically by these schemes

as if your sons are going to be scholarship material anyway ... they don't have the genetic stock.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
I'm just the only one that engages him and all he does is insult me because, like a toddler, he can't stand being challenged. He rips Macbeth and mac is just like oh ok. He rips all of you and you just bow down and take it. He's not a good person. He's a shit human being who crap all over everyone in order to make himself feel better. I'm sorry, I won't be bullied by a 90 lb weakling on the internet.

And yes, I'm fully aware that I haven't won any friends here.

Last edited by Jay (2017-02-04 07:11:39)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
how exactly do you challenge me in this thread? everything you have said about trump has been factually incorrect or a wilful misrepresentation. are you missing the fact that several other posters correct you on the exact same errors?

i wouldn't say i've been insulting either. you going on about how unfair the scholarship system is to white people as a justification for milo's race-hate baiting campus speeches is something that i didn't unjustly correct. good white students will still get their scholarships. the implication of my post was your kids won't get one because they won't tick any of those supposedly 'tokenistic' positive discrimination drives you complain about. i don't think it's harsh or insulting to say your kids probably won't be berkeley scholars.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
On another note, in listening to the overwhemingly Republican union people at my work, it seems there is a fundamental disconnect between what they and I want from a government. They seem to have bought into the "government is the problem" mumbo-jumbo and will accept whatever is necessary to maximize take-home pay (despite making 1.5x much as me, most of them seems extraordinarily bad with money and live paycheck to paycheck). Conversely, I am much more amenable to paying higher taxes provided I see a return of government services for it.

That is my fear of a Republican majority, that they scrap government services to the point that all it provides is a bare-minimum of services and makes it as crummy as that in BFE Illinois.
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Jay wrote:

I'm just the only one that engages him and all he does is insult me because, like a toddler, he can't stand being challenged. He rips Macbeth and mac is just like oh ok. He rips all of you and you just bow down and take it. He's not a good person. He's a shit human being who crap all over everyone in order to make himself feel better.
No, we're just not as reactionary you are and aren't as think skinned.

I'm sorry, I won't be bullied by a 90 lb weakling on the internet.
You behave like you are though.

Last edited by Jaekus (2017-02-04 08:02:57)

uziq
+492|3422

DesertFox- wrote:

On another note, in listening to the overwhemingly Republican union people at my work, it seems there is a fundamental disconnect between what they and I want from a government. They seem to have bought into the "government is the problem" mumbo-jumbo and will accept whatever is necessary to maximize take-home pay (despite making 1.5x much as me, most of them seems extraordinarily bad with money and live paycheck to paycheck). Conversely, I am much more amenable to paying higher taxes provided I see a return of government services for it.

That is my fear of a Republican majority, that they scrap government services to the point that all it provides is a bare-minimum of services and makes it as crummy as that in BFE Illinois.
rednecks have a fear of the federal government and the republican establishment (and now trump's cronies) will take that to pull the wool over the populace's eyes and stripmine the state. isn't it basically reaganism all over again, only now the gap between business and government is non existent?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

DesertFox- wrote:

How old are your co-workers? I noticed older people are much looser with their money. My father manages new car dealerships and makes good money. He spends it just as quick as he makes it though. He bought a second corvette last month. He has two corvettes now. I on the other hand save as much as I can.

I can see an argument being made that our generation who became adults during the great recession are more interested in financial security and stability than maximizing our pay. So you are happy to pay high taxes if you know there is something to fall back on meanwhile baby boomers just want to get as much as they can and spend it.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

The feds don't really provide services though. Social security, medicare, the military, these are the big ones. Your local and state governments provide most services. Unfortunately, your state is just as corrupt, indebted, and ineffective as mine
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

Uzi, you lost the second you resorted to insults. To quote Trump, you're a loser and will always be a loser.
Aren't you two facebook friends? I can't imagine being so bitter and mean to someone who I welcomed into my real life personal life
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

SuperJail Warden wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

How old are your co-workers? I noticed older people are much looser with their money. My father manages new car dealerships and makes good money. He spends it just as quick as he makes it though. He bought a second corvette last month. He has two corvettes now. I on the other hand save as much as I can.

I can see an argument being made that our generation who became adults during the great recession are more interested in financial security and stability than maximizing our pay. So you are happy to pay high taxes if you know there is something to fall back on meanwhile baby boomers just want to get as much as they can and spend it.
They run the gamut from early 20s to late 50s, largely, and they all pretty much can all be described as above, so it isn't generational. It's gotta be something about growing up in that area because even the young ones buy $50k trucks with rims and window tint for some reason. At a certain level it's personal, too, because my parents were always rather frugal, so my brother and I became diligent savers whereas my older sister has probably only a few thousand to her name. I wouldn't be opposed to higher pay, necessarily, but there comes a point where after you max out your IRA, dump 25% into your 401k, and paid off your loans that you end up just dumping it into savings for lack of something to spend it on.

Jay wrote:

The feds don't really provide services though. Social security, medicare, the military, these are the big ones. Your local and state governments provide most services. Unfortunately, your state is just as corrupt, indebted, and ineffective as mine :-/
I mean, I'd like the EPA, NOAA, and so on to still exist after this year. Those all fall into what the federal government provides beyond bottom basement basic level of what constitutes a government.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DesertFox- wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

They run the gamut from early 20s to late 50s, largely, and they all pretty much can all be described as above, so it isn't generational. It's gotta be something about growing up in that area because even the young ones buy $50k trucks with rims and window tint for some reason. At a certain level it's personal, too, because my parents were always rather frugal, so my brother and I became diligent savers whereas my older sister has probably only a few thousand to her name. I wouldn't be opposed to higher pay, necessarily, but there comes a point where after you max out your IRA, dump 25% into your 401k, and paid off your loans that you end up just dumping it into savings for lack of something to spend it on.

Jay wrote:

The feds don't really provide services though. Social security, medicare, the military, these are the big ones. Your local and state governments provide most services. Unfortunately, your state is just as corrupt, indebted, and ineffective as mine :-/
I mean, I'd like the EPA, NOAA, and so on to still exist after this year. Those all fall into what the federal government provides beyond bottom basement basic level of what constitutes a government.
You want my $15,000/yr property tax bill? I don't even have sewers in my town. I shit into a hole in my backyard. People don't want to see their taxes increased because the money is invariably squandered or just used to pay for government employee raises or pensions. Yes, I'm bitter. So are most people. I think most people would gladly pay higher taxes if the government was actually effective.

As for the EPA, they've overstepped their mandate and need to be reigned in some. They became an extension of the fringe environmental movement under Obama.

Last edited by Jay (2017-02-04 08:52:39)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
jay is unhappy with his tax bill so therefore all government tax is being squandered by useless bureaucrats and extremist eco-terrorists.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Jay is unhappy his Lilly white town never invested in sewers.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

Jay wrote:

People don't want to see their taxes increased because the money is invariably squandered or just used to pay for government employee raises or pensions. Yes, I'm bitter. So are most people. I think most people would gladly pay higher taxes if the government was actually effective.
See, this is the mentality I don't get after having worked some time in government.

1.) government workers make less than private sector workers doing the same work at the same level of education. We actually have huge talent retention problems because of it. Try getting a P. Eng. to advise of the building code for 60k CAD a year.

b.) we're slow because our management structure is necessarily more complex than the private sector's. What companies do you know of where a new moron from the general public can lead the organization every 4 years with no continuity of thought? We need lengthy approvals processes to make sure that no one bad manager can scuttle the ship.

4.) we don't get to fail. If a private company goes belly up, there's 10 others making the same widget that will fill the gap. Government fails? Riots in the streets. Sure, there are minor failures, but fundamentally you need to understand that government is not a business and never should be. Government is motivated by such a different set of goals and drivers that it is completely moronic to believe that the public sector and private sector should be measured by the same yardstick.

Really I just think people who dislike government for its very existence are complete retards. Want to see what extremely limited government regulation looks like? Visit China.

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2017-02-04 12:18:45)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Emboldened Trump supporter
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

You want my $15,000/yr property tax bill? I don't even have sewers in my town. I shit into a hole in my backyard. People don't want to see their taxes increased because the money is invariably squandered or just used to pay for government employee raises or pensions. Yes, I'm bitter. So are most people. I think most people would gladly pay higher taxes if the government was actually effective.
So when are you going to quit whining and get off your ass and do something? Such as move to one of your Libertarian paradises, like Utah, or Somalia?
I'd say you are doing quite well out of all your govt contracts, and living in a low tax low spend environment would be very hard for you.

As for the EPA, they've overstepped their mandate and need to be reigned in some. They became an extension of the fringe environmental movement under Obama.
No, they're doing their job, protecting the environment from greedy short-termists.

Apart from that you seem to take any challenge to your ignorance and short-sightedness as an insult, bad luck.

As for the other post about people wanting govt services cut to cut their tax bill, they are also greedy and anti-social short-termists who can't see past the end of their own nose.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2017-02-04 14:20:06)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney
Wow, I agree with Dilbert re: EPA. This Sunday is off to an interesting start.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

jay is unhappy with his tax bill so therefore all government tax is being squandered by useless bureaucrats and extremist eco-terrorists.
jay is mad that he made a bad real estate purchase. should've checked if there was sewage. bet he cheaped out by not getting a lawyer either
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

Jaekus wrote:

fuck i wish our government would have some fucking balls to stop the Adani mine.

even the fucking banks won't lend them money, now a foreign company wants our govt to foot the bill.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

jay is mad that he made a bad real estate purchase. should've checked if there was sewage. bet he cheaped out by not getting a lawyer either
Lack of sewers is ubiquitous to this county. I knew it had a cesspool before I bought the property. It is just an absurdity that we have a low crime county 50 miles from Manhattan, with the highest paid cops in the country, but no sewers. Political priorities are trash.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5148|Sydney

Cybargs wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

fuck i wish our government would have some fucking balls to stop the Adani mine.

even the fucking banks won't lend them money, now a foreign company wants our govt to foot the bill.
ikr

QLD government's platform was to stop it at the last state election, now they're trying to push it through. Fucking woeful state of affairs.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard