that game sucked.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

no it didn't, your opinion SUCKS!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
It wasn't great. The explosions and graphics looked worse than 1942. It seemed they spent a lot of money licensing all the music and didn't get to use nearly as much on gameplay.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6623|949

It wasn't as clean or polished as 1942 or even Battlefield: DC, but it was a fun run and gun game.  And it was never meant to be a major offering in the franchise.  Think of it kinda like BF:1943.  Or even the Vietnam port for BFBC2
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
I never got to play BF 2142. How was that?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3444
also a truly awful game. the guns, the movement, the overall gameplay, the 'meta' (such as it was) – all were markedly worse than bf2.

sequels that are worse in every way seems to be a trope in fps games.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Bad Company 2 was pretty fun. BF3 was okay but different. I played about 2 hours of BF4 and asked for a refund from EA.

The series is dead as far as I am concerned. That said, I would pay $60 for BF2 with modern graphics and some new maps.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6676|United States of America
I don't know how many hours I had playing Desert Combat and Forgotten Hope for comparison, but I dare say I didn't even like BF2 that much. SF had some of the better maps, but overall I remember it as pretty meh.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Warlord was the best map in the game. I played it once with Ken on the TOP server. He was pretty bad. Do not recommend him for a teammate.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5170|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Me too.

I still believe the mental illness bandwagon has been jumped on by a lot of people who are too lazy to parent their kids, and by a lot of people who want an excuse for their lazy selfishness as adults and to get hold of drugs.
Some people believe the earth is flat too.

I honestly don't care what you believe, whether you flatly disagree with me or whatever. I've worked in the field. I've talked with doctors, professors, experts. I've read the literature. I've got a Cert IV in Mental Health. You're wrong and ignorant.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6097|eXtreme to the maX
Maybe, I still believe there are a good number of people who enjoy taking drugs and don't feel like working.
Going to a doctor occasionally and telling them "Dude, my head is like messed up and shit" is not too much effort for them.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney
People believe a lot of things. Much of it is bullshit.
uziq
+492|3444

Dilbert_X wrote:

Maybe, I still believe there are a good number of people who enjoy taking drugs and don't feel like working.
Going to a doctor occasionally and telling them "Dude, my head is like messed up and shit" is not too much effort for them.
you make out like it's desirable to do drugs all day and not work. no one in that situation is happy. people don't choose unemployment and drug addiction out of preference.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Nonsense, there is no shortage of people who are perfectly comfortable living off welfare.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3711
Honestly if I ever become rich and never had to work again, I would just buy a nice home someplace and get an asian girl to smoke crack or meth with me all day.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3362

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Honestly if I ever become rich and never had to work again, I would just buy a nice home someplace and get an asian girl to smoke crack or meth with me all day.

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Honestly if I ever become rich and never had to work again

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Honestly if I ever become rich

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Honestly
DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS WORD MEANS
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

Nonsense, there is no shortage of people who are perfectly comfortable living off welfare.
Who don't have any savings whatsoever and put their payments back into the economy every fortnight (or in a matter of days).

People who spout comments of this nature are hypocritically the ones who rail about why we should help our homeless before refugees/another country in crisis/anyone they hate more than homeless people. Welfare is there to prevent homelessness. That some people can eke out a living on $26,000 a year is pretty remarkable. I doubt they're "perfectly comfortable".

If there is no shortage, then I'm sure you've got plenty of examples to link to prove your point.

Compare this with the average cost of homelessness per person in Australia and the net cost is $11,000 or less, because homeless stats only look at health and justice, and not other social costs (which in turn have economic impact).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
If by "put their payments back into the economy" you mean "buy crystal meth" then I agree.

$26,000 a year, plus free house, no tax - yes I'd say its not hard to live on $500 a week tax free when you're not paying rent.

I'm not doubting there are people with mental health issues and people who face significant financial hardship.

There are also people who have no wish to work and enjoy taking drugs as opposed to having some mental disability or neurochemical need.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
What is your minimum wage?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
+957|5170|Sydney

Dilbert_X wrote:

If by "put their payments back into the economy" you mean "buy crystal meth" then I agree.

$26,000 a year, plus free house, no tax - yes I'd say its not hard to live on $500 a week tax free when you're not paying rent.

I'm not doubting there are people with mental health issues and people who face significant financial hardship.

There are also people who have no wish to work and enjoy taking drugs as opposed to having some mental disability or neurochemical need.
You're still talking from your shitty beliefs and haven't actually presented any fact *yawn*
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

~$15/hr

And don't bother me with the "its too high and creates unemployment" argument.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jaekus wrote:

You're still talking from your shitty beliefs and haven't actually presented any fact *yawn*
I'll find something when I can be bothered. I have pointed out that $500/wk will give anyone a pretty comfortable life if they choose it, not a family obviously but your average 20-30 something feral can live very nicely.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

Jay wrote:

increments by age as well.

most waitress/bartenders makes 23 an hour aussie.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

~$15/hr

And don't bother me with the "its too high and creates unemployment" argument.
$15/hr or make $13/hr tax free and have your rent paid for? Seems like a no-brainer.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

Jay wrote:

increments by age as well.

most waitress/bartenders makes 23 an hour aussie.
And get taxed at what rate?
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard