Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

Donaml J. Trump wrote:

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.
he says it's terrorism thing, you know. not religion and, certainly, not race.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
uziq
+492|3454

Shahter wrote:

Donaml J. Trump wrote:

This is not about religion - this is about terror and keeping our country safe. There are over 40 different countries worldwide that are majority Muslim that are not affected by this order. We will again be issuing visas to all countries once we are sure we have reviewed and implemented the most secure policies over the next 90 days.
right. and that's really proportionate. blocking middle-class, educated muslims from re-entering a country they have a green card for. blocking refugees fleeing from sectarian violence and the collapse of their state. yes, let's block these groups because we have such a huge terrorism problem.

let me remind you: since 9/11, 2 americans per year on average have been killed by islamic-terrorist attacks on the US homeland.

now look at the scale of the humanitarian crisis that america is turning its back on.

consider that america aren't blocking the chief funders and trainers of radical islam, saudi arabia.

yes, it's really about terrorism

btw, indonesia, one of the main majority muslim countries in the world, have openly come out and said that this policy will harm the global effort to fight terrorism, not help it. indonesia said that. it's not just germany and the 'virtue signalling' liberal west. think about that.

Last edited by uziq (2017-01-30 10:26:52)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5360|London, England

uziq wrote:

i think it's pretty weak, if not outwardly dangerous, when you acquiesce in the actions of someone like bannon because you can take away a tiny sliver of sympathy with his view. it's like you acknowledge that they're dictating immigration control on completely racist, horrible grounds, but then you worm some sort of self-justifying reason for it in order to placate your own conscience. that's pretty much how the petit-bourgeoisie have marched in step with fascism every single time it has arisen. just mind your own shop, guard the till like a good little boor, jay.
I'm just being consistent. Remember,  I'm neither red team nor blue team. If search worked here I would find a few dozen posts where I complain about Obama’s immigration and war policies. That hasn't changed.

And you're wrong, there are always shades of gray. I'm not 100% against Trump just like I wasn't 100% against Obama. The breathless outrage every time Trump opens his mouth is boorish, if anything.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3454
nobody here is breathless with outrage every time trump opens his mouth. stop using your mong Facebook feed as a straw man for every single argument you make here. you are not interacting with that segment of the population.
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia

uziq wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Donaml J. Trump wrote:

right. and that's really proportionate. blocking middle-class, educated muslims from re-entering a country they have a green card for. blocking refugees fleeing from sectarian violence and the collapse of their state. yes, let's block these groups because we have such a huge terrorism problem.
does it say anywhere that the ban is to specifically target "middle-class, educated muslims"? i don't think so. and they clearly say they are going to start issuing visas again in 90 days, once they implemented whatever it is they are implementing. shouldn't "middle-class, educated muslims" at least wait and see?

let me remind you: since 9/11, 2 americans per year on average have been killed by islamic-terrorist attacks on the US homeland.
terrorist threat is not measured in people killed-per-year's, you know. do you receive intelligence reports trump does? i don't. do you know how many terrorist attacks were prevented since 9/11? i don't.

now look at the scale of the humanitarian crisis that america is turning its back on.
i'm not america, and wouldn't presume to understand their situation. it's pretty horrible, though, i agree.

consider that america aren't blocking the chief funders and trainers of radical islam, saudi arabia.
no argument here either.

yes, it's really about terrorism
i'm just saying, it could really be about that. regardless of what indonesia or whoever "mostly muslim" might have to say about that.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

nobody here is breathless with outrage every time trump opens his mouth. stop using your mong Facebook feed as a straw man for every single argument you make here. you are not interacting with that segment of the population.
Really? Because everything you've written about Trump since the election has been the same parroting of media opinion that I get on my Facebook feed. You're just as caught up in the hysteria as they are. Think critically.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6777|Moscow, Russia
exactly my impression^. people got so caught in hating the character, they seem incapable of looking objectively at any action he takes. when the matter of a fact, trump's character is but a political implement - one of many - used to get him into office. politics is an art of working the system, and now, that the election part of that is over, the plan that those, who put trump in the white house, will play out. so, ffs, people, stop focusing so much of your attention on the character, and look - objectively - at the actions. i must admit, i'm not impressed yet myself, but, please, stop it with hysterics already.
uziq
+492|3454

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Really? Because everything you've written about Trump since the election has been the same parroting of media opinion that I get on my Facebook feed. You're just as caught up in the hysteria as they are. Think critically.
i haven't said anything outwardly critical of trump as a person here. i think you get the vulgar little nouveau riche that your vulgar, classless society deserves. i think it's delicious.

afaik the only stuff i've said here is that his economic promises are barmy wish fulfillment and will never succeed. i've also said now that his travel ban is basically just a bunch of bigots in the white house fingering a few 'scary' nations on the world map.  and i think i said something about the only thing that truly concerns me in a 'world citizen' sort of way is the lasting damage his eco policies could have on global efforts to get their shit together.

how am i being hysterical? feel free to find a post. in real life and here i have been incredibly chill about trump amidst lots of liberal tutting.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6711|England. Stoke
Ban Canadian's terrorists the lot of 'em.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I think Trump is a necessary fright for the majority of Americans. Our country has always played the game of lying, cartel style interventionism, racism, and the propagation of domestic fear on a massive scale. Now it's right up front in our face and cannot be avoided. It really is sad that we didn't have the same level of protests during the last 16 years of war. It is sad that it takes personification of our grizzly behavior on the world scene for people to care enough to go outside and march.

What's scary is that this whole backwards seeming turn in American affairs plays right into the agenda of further destabilizing the Middle East. If we really wanted to introduce democracy (and quell fundamentalism) in the region all we had to do was start building McDonalds, Pizza Huts, and Gap outlets. The rest takes care of itself.

Now Trump supporters think we are finally saying "fuck those savages, let them kill each other for all we care." I think it's a ruse. The rise of nationalism in the states will establish grounds for a seamless transition of power to a globalist government. There's no going back to the 18th century for us. It's total world domination or nothing. And if all this unrest instigates a civil war (which seems unlikely with an army of pussy hats) we can sure bet the federal dick will come slamming down on the people with a force we do not dare imagine.

All of that aside, this is a blip on the historical map. It's a bunch of horse shit that will dry up and mix with the soil in good time. None of this matters in the face of the impending global cataclysm. The only sincerely (relatively) bad part about this administration is the absolute disregard for the climatological projection for the century. Trumps bolstering of infrastructure better include plans to deal with the billions of refugees, tens or hundreds of millions of them being Americans going to higher ground.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-01-30 14:57:22)

Pocshy2.0
+23|3372

coke wrote:

Ban Canadian's terrorists the lot of 'em.
Our terrorists often turn out to be some early-to-mid 20's white male diagnosed to have a mental illness. We'll see about this one.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6776|Noizyland

Interesting move by Trump, firing the Acting AG because he didn't like her legal advice on his immigration ban EO. I believe the last time a President did that it was Nixon and he resigned shortly afterwards. We can only hope.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
If the ban order is somehow proven to be unlawful then this could have major consequences either for Trump as president or for the further development of an autocratic state.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2017-01-30 22:42:00)

uziq
+492|3454
as a constitutionalist i'm sure jay is thrilled yet again.

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6107|eXtreme to the maX
Lets try and keep a sense of perspective here people. GREAT!

Banning immigration from muslim countries was a key plank of Trump's campaign. This isn't a radical surprise which came out of the blue, this is what American citizens either voted for, or were too lazy to vote against. SAD!

I'm not sure even Trump realised what he was doing, banning Christian refugees from fleeing persecution by Islamic jihadists in Syria? Was that really the intention? FAKE NEWS!

And what has Iran done actually? The majority of funding for Baathist groups, which is where most of this trouble has been coming from, has been from Saudi Arabia and some of the other oil-rich states which are supposedly 'friendly'. Iran hasn't actually done anything lately, if they have shouldn't we be giving dissidents an escape route so they can fight harder? MONSTERS! MONSTERS IN MY HEAD!

Saudi terrorists have killed more Americans than those from all of the rest of the world combined I should think. Are they really on our side? The same people who are touring the Iraqi and Syrian battlefields buying up sex slaves, especially western women, from ISIS? I CAN SEE SOUND AS COLOURS NOW!

A week in the Trump presidency is already scary dangerous. God help us once America is great again.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
I wonder. If the Trumpish rhetoric expounds to its fullest potential will we see a dissolution of our ties to Saudi Arabia? Assuming we've achieved energetic sovereignty by razing the American landscape. This would mark, in my opinion, the real potential for a war with totally unexpected outcomes.

All the talk about working together with Russia to take out Da'esh is nonsense. What will happen once they are destroyed and we come back to the point of us wanting Assad removed and Russia wanting him to stay put? What will happen with the Kurds who've been fighting the death cult all along? Back to being smothered by Turkish govt?
What's unclear to me is who do the western powers really want to see take reign of the Middle East?
I can somehow imagine America becoming more like Russia in its alienation from the free world. Eventually doing fucky things like invading Mexico or some other shit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
The important thing is that people living in rural areas feel good about themselves. Everything else doesn't matter.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Glhf feeling good when your tap water is flammable.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
They will just blame liberals and line up to vote R ASAP.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

I wonder. If the Trumpish rhetoric expounds to its fullest potential will we see a dissolution of our ties to Saudi Arabia? Assuming we've achieved energetic sovereignty by razing the American landscape. This would mark, in my opinion, the real potential for a war with totally unexpected outcomes.

All the talk about working together with Russia to take out Da'esh is nonsense. What will happen once they are destroyed and we come back to the point of us wanting Assad removed and Russia wanting him to stay put? What will happen with the Kurds who've been fighting the death cult all along? Back to being smothered by Turkish govt?
What's unclear to me is who do the western powers really want to see take reign of the Middle East?
I can somehow imagine America becoming more like Russia in its alienation from the free world. Eventually doing fucky things like invading Mexico or some other shit.
Why would Trump want Assad removed though? He's not going to war with Russia over removing Assad, especially since the only reason we helped the rebellion there was to remove Russia's access to their Mediterranean port. Syria has been a proxy war over that stupid port. If we're now helping each other the issue goes away.
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6694
Do we really expect NATO to back away from the Russian border? Do we really expect Russia to back away from Ukraine and the Caucasus? Destroying Da'esh will leave another vacuum in Syria and Iraq. Do we really expect a revived Assad regime to cooperate with American wishes? If American style democracy failed in Iraq what will we try now?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3721
The port in Tartus was small and insignificant until the intervention in September 2015. The U.S. interest in the SCW was limiting Iranian influence in the region. The war started in 2011. The U.S.-Russia relationship didn't go sour until summer of 2014 with Crimea.

What I think might happen, the U.S. builds up the Syrian Democratic Forces that end up absorbing everything ISIS controls east of Palmyra. That is plenty of space to resettle refugees. In the Daraa region, the U.S. forces the regime into a situation where they have to withdraw from the area and accept FSA/SDF control in order for Israel to feel safe.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6718

Superior Mind wrote:

If the ban order is somehow proven to be unlawful then this could have major consequences either for Trump as president or for the further development of an autocratic state.
Doesn't the President have the legal power to restrict immigrants anyway?

(f) Suspension of entry or imposition of restrictions by President
Whenever the President finds that the entry of any aliens or of any class of aliens into the United States would be detrimental to the interests of the United States, he may by proclamation, and for such period as he shall deem necessary, suspend the entry of all aliens or any class of aliens as immigrants or nonimmigrants, or impose on the entry of aliens any restrictions he may deem to be appropriate. Whenever the Attorney General finds that a commercial airline has failed to comply with regulations of the Attorney General relating to requirements of airlines for the detection of fraudulent documents used by passengers traveling to the United States (including the training of personnel in such detection), the Attorney General may suspend the entry of some or all aliens transported to the United States by such airline.
https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1182

Well the AG is supposed to give impartial legal advice to the government. Her move was entirely political. She's just an acting AG anyway... Isn't Sessions going to take over soon?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6154|what

She advised the president and was then fired for it.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Literally the only thing I waneed from this administration was a supreme court pick like this. So happy right now.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard