SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It always seems wrong to me when a fat person is given a leadership position or be made boss. Usually people with self control issues and no respect for their bodies make bad leaders.

More often than not, a fat boss is a lazy and slow worker. I assume them to be unless proven otherwise.
Or they spend a shitload of time at the office and eat garbage food. Unless you're in a job where your fitness level matters, your weight has zero impact on your performance or your ability to lead. Stop being such a bigot.
Everyone knows junkfood is bad for you. That shows a lack of judgement.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-06-27 11:32:54)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It always seems wrong to me when a fat person is given a leadership position or be made boss. Usually people with self control issues and no respect for their bodies make bad leaders.

More often than not, a fat boss is a lazy and slow worker. I assume them to be unless proven otherwise.
Or they spend a shitload of time at the office and eat garbage food. Unless you're in a job where your fitness level matters, your weight has zero impact on your performance or your ability to lead. Stop being such a bigot.
It also brings pleasure. Are you a puritan now? Don't you smoke weed and do other drugs? Don't you know that those things cause harm?

Everyone has issues that someone else can moralize over.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

It also brings pleasure. Are you a puritan now? Don't you smoke weed and do other drugs? Don't you know that those things cause harm?

Everyone has issues that someone else can moralize over.
Junk food doesn't produce a high and a little weed on the weekends isn't going to make me into an immobile pig
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6624

Energy is much higher overall when you're fit, workout regularly, and eat healthy. Same for stress mitigation I imagine. All other aspects equal, I'd definitely take a fit leader over an unhealthy one. But is a bad leader's unhealthy lifestyle the primary cause of their inability to lead? Come on. I'm not even sure if it's worth a disqualification.

Last edited by mtb0minime (2016-06-28 16:21:39)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I hate when fat women have group photos with pretty girls as their profile pic. I don't want to have to go through their profile to see if they are worth engaging. I think they do that on purpose.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Macbeth is Andy Rooney and THIS is 60 minutes.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
Dead?
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Andy Rooney wrote:

I don't like food that's too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture I'd buy a painting.
He just comes across as a cantankerous old man
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I'm actually a very caring and compassionate individual. I am filled with love and respect for all of God's creatures.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Andy Rooney wrote:

I don't like food that's too carefully arranged; it makes me think that the chef is spending too much time arranging and not enough time cooking. If I wanted a picture I'd buy a painting.
He just comes across as a cantankerous old man
He really does. One time I happened to be watching it, his spiel was "shoes don't fit like they used to". Seriously.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Its true, they're designed for Chinese feet now.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I was sitting near a obese man today. I could see his ass crack like a plumber stereotype. He was disgusting. His head has rolls and he looked like Jay. I don't know how people can allow themselves to get like that.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Blood pressure is now within normal range and resting pulse is 60
I'd like to say its exercise but I think its more due to learning not to give a fuck about a few things.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i'm in the best shape i've ever been in my life right now.  I've been going to the gym 4x a week for 16 weeks now.  I've gained 13 pounds of muscle and am stronger than i've ever been.  I also have been eating really well.  I can give some advice to you nerds if you need it.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

pirana6 wrote:

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?
yes
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

i'm in the best shape i've ever been in my life right now.  I've been going to the gym 4x a week for 16 weeks now.  I've gained 13 pounds of muscle and am stronger than i've ever been.  I also have been eating really well.  I can give some advice to you nerds if you need it.
Nice! I came to find that after a certain amount of time going to the gym as a regular habit just becomes part of your life. My day just doesn't feel complete without going in for a workout. The eating side of things can be different...sometimes a large pizza to yourself is just calling your name.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

I just make an effort to eat healthy, but im not counting carbs or anything. Making sure I eat healthy as much as possible means I don't feel guilty when I go out or eat a cheese steak.  Cutting soda out completely and cutting booze out during the week really helps too.  I had a run over the summer where i was probably drinking at least a 6 pack of beer a day for like 2 months straight.  It's disgusting when I type it out, but I wasn't really pondering how much I was drinking until after i stopped.

I'm not at the point where it's become a habit for me.  I nerded out and created a spreadsheet with goals and targets and I track all my lifting down to the exercise, day and weight.  I'll get to a point eventually where I will just go a few times a week to maintain, but I'm not there yet.  I'm only just now finishing "phase 2" of my plan, and after this I have another 12 week phase.  After that maybe I will just go to maintain. 

For me the hardest part was gaining mass.  I have a really high metabolism, so I have to take protein supplements in order to get dem #gainz. Veggie protein in the AM, whey at night.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
It's good that you have a reasonable goal and a mind to at least maintain in the future. I went into the fitness thing without a real goal apart from "look better, be healthier" and I'm still trying to work out exactly what that means. For a long time it meant 'get big'.

I'm perhaps at the crest of what I can do without really starting to take things seriously. I would need to move beyond the basic calorie and macro counts I do now, and into total micromanagement of every aspect of my eating. I'm not sure I'm ready for giving up alcohol and any cheat meals I want to indulge in. The lifting is the easy part; I'm constantly looking for ways to improve my routine and results.

At this point it feels like I'm on the maintenance path only because I'm not ready to fully commit.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
My sister made me go to a one hour hot pilates class. Jesus Christ.
Then again the instructor has had six kids and looks like a ballerina so maybe there's something in it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

hot yoga is really good recovery if you lift weights or do any strenuous exercise consistently...i'd imagine hot pilates is the same.  Alternatively, stretching in the jacuzzi or sauna helps if you don't have access to hot yoga/hot pilates classes.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Pilates seems to be somewhat strenuous, I haven't tried yoga.
I'm thinking of buying an infra-red sauna for the winter, I guess I should try one first.
I do free weights and shooting - which is more strenuous than people expect.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Since I started up running again on a semi-regular basis, I'm proud that I've consistently run at least once on my 2-3 day stretches off work. I got sick around Halloween last year and my schedule went to hell for petty much the rest of the year but in 2017, so far so good. I upped my distance from 1.5 miles to 3, and went a bit further today to complete my first full 5k run in probably 8 years. It is still a fairly unpleasant and sweaty ordeal, but I'm glad I'm doing it.
tazz.
oz.
+1,338|6144|Sydney | ♥

DesertFox- wrote:

It is still a fairly unpleasant and sweaty ordeal, but I'm glad I'm doing it.
Good work, if it wasn't, you're not pushing yourself enough. Sweat success.
everything i write is a ramble and should not be taken seriously.... seriously.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Is this a healthy breakfast?: Bowl of oatmeal made with 2% milk with a banana. Glass of V8 vegetable juice

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard