SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Two different ones. The first BA is from Rutgers. The second from a smaller state university. We went over this last time and every told me it was stupid to do so I don't expect any differently this time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
ya that's such a waste of time homie
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I literally only needed 12 more credits. It is Thursday night. It is either take a class on some subject or smoke weed and play insurgency.

I get to read interesting things, meet young people, and get out of my apartment for awhile.

I would suggest you give it a try while you are still young and can dedicate a few hours a week to doing something like that. Hell just enroll at your local community college and take some language learning classes.
uziq
+492|3422
i already have two degrees and have been doing research and reading for a PhD. i don't need to go to a community college to get another undergrad degree.

i mean, i understand doing a part-time masters. getting a second ba? it's hardly done for a reason. but whatever keeps you happy.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

what kind of career do you see yourself having?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Tell me more about Insurgency
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Take it to the insurgency thread.

I am pretty far into the Huntington book. It reminds me why I studied history instead of Poli Sci. Can I tell you a secret? These broad political philosophy study things bore me to tears. I rather read a twice as long history of some obscure war in a place I don't care about than read about what the ideal of military civil relations is like.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Some pop-culture literary analysis.
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 68511.html
uziq
+492|3422
some high-culture literary analysis.
https://www.lrb.co.uk/v33/n21/pankaj-mi … h-this-man

was this review written just for you dilbert? jesus christ it's prescient.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, there's nothing ideologues hate more than an injection of realism, they can only respond with sarcasm.
uziq
+492|3422
lol. so the other side are ideologues but your guy is a realist.

bearing in mind you can find multiple sources, from oxford historians through to the journal press, criticising ferguson's 'history'.

bearing in mind ferguson literally wrote a fawning biography of henry kissinger.

i love how the conservative xenophobes always hide under the labels of 'its commonsense' and 'we're realistic'.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't really care how many ideologues an ideologue can quote.
Once the brown people take over the only book they'll be analysing and re-analysing in oh-such-witty and condescending detail is the Koran.
uziq
+492|3422

i suppose you've read a lot of al-ghazali or averroes?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
No, but let me guess, they're escapees from the culture which is steadily taking over?
uziq
+492|3422
foundational philosophers who contributed a great deal to western philosophy. proof of an open, engaged, and textual islamic culture. the latter is responsible for saving a great deal of western culture and philosophical heritage from the oblivion of northern european barbarians who would have burned and destroyed it all (quite ironic considering they are your posterboys).
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its a shame that moderate intellectual islam no longer exists in any real form, and that what once was has long been overtaken by the west.
uziq
+492|3422
moderate intellectual islam no longer exists? you do know how many muslims there are on the planet, right?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Yes, and they're beholden to the radicals.
uziq
+492|3422

i bet you're around a lot of muslims dilbert.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Show me a moderate muslim country.
uziq
+492|3422
um, the world's largest muslim country is religiously moderate. or what about malaysia?

i suppose you have to define 'moderate' first, though. and yours no doubt means 'conforms to western liberal democratic principles', which aren't universal.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Both countries have the death penalty and sharia courts, so I wouldn't call them moderate no.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

um, the world's largest muslim country is religiously moderate. or what about malaysia?

i suppose you have to define 'moderate' first, though. and yours no doubt means 'conforms to western liberal democratic principles', which aren't universal.
Malaysia previously jailed a political opposition cos 'sodomy'.

Not to mention they are quicker to call bengladeshi muslim immigrants 'native malays' than the Chinese who've been there for hundred of years.

When you get classed as a 'native malay' aka bumiputra you get a lot of benefits aka not being discriminated over university applications and applying for govt jobs.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

Both countries have the death penalty and sharia courts, so I wouldn't call them moderate no.
america has the death penalty and extra-judicial courts/prisons.

are the majority of its citizens extremists on that token?
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
When did I make a statement about "the majority of its citizens" being relevant?

There are moderate Christian countries, where Christianity plays no role in government or foreign policy, there aren't any moderate Muslim countries.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard