SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

your work doesn't offer health benefits? Tsk tsk
It does derp. I just never bothered to learn about any it because I was covered through my mom. I just had to fill out a form with my insurance info in order to be excluded from the companies insurance policy plan.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
Just pick the cheapest one and you'll (probably) be fine.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Should have elected Bernie. He would have handled this all for me.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
We now have psychopaths running:
America
Russia
Syria
Israel
The Philippines

And pin-heads running everywhere else

2017 is going to be an interesting year
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The capitalist really managed to screw up the post cold war era.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

your work doesn't offer health benefits? Tsk tsk
It does derp. I just never bothered to learn about any it because I was covered through my mom. I just had to fill out a form with my insurance info in order to be excluded from the companies insurance policy plan.
you had to fill out a form to opt out?

My advice - pick one with low deductibles and low co-pay.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Its nice to see Netanyahu hopping mad.

The neat thing about the UN vote is to undo it would need Russia and China to agree, and that's unlikely to ever happen.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Dylan Roof is getting the d. pen. for killing those 9 black people.

He did not fight for his life or show any remorse. He served as his own attorney during sentencing and never asked for forgiveness or mercy or explained the massacre.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/roofs-fate-s … 44212.html

It's interesting, at what point do you genuinely think all people who have "dark" skin are so much of a lesser being that they need to die? Is all murder an actual mental disability? Just that outside of war? Is thinking dark-skinned people are of lesser being but don't deserve to die a genuine mental disability?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

guy was fucked up, probably didn't have a solid family structure, was radicalized on the internet/through other stupid people he interacted with, etc

he is mentally ill but deserves to die
uziq
+492|3422

pirana6 wrote:

Dylan Roof is getting the d. pen. for killing those 9 black people.

He did not fight for his life or show any remorse. He served as his own attorney during sentencing and never asked for forgiveness or mercy or explained the massacre.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/roofs-fate-s … 44212.html

It's interesting, at what point do you genuinely think all people who have "dark" skin are so much of a lesser being that they need to die? Is all murder an actual mental disability? Just that outside of war? Is thinking dark-skinned people are of lesser being but don't deserve to die a genuine mental disability?
being a racist piece of shit and destroying nine families isn't a mental illness. he had clear intentions and no regrets. who does it help to classify him as mentally ill? just seems like a desperate attempt to explain poor little kid to your whitie conscience.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I read his wiki and he is a poor high school dropout who spent his time by himself in his room doing drugs. Plenty of people fit that description without shooting 9 people.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

uziq wrote:

being a racist piece of shit and destroying nine families isn't a mental illness.
If thinking a persons skin color is justification for killing them isn't a mental illness, I don't what is.

That would be the little italicized sentence in the dictionary underneath the actual definition of 'mental illness'.
uziq
+492|3422

pirana6 wrote:

uziq wrote:

being a racist piece of shit and destroying nine families isn't a mental illness.
If thinking a persons skin color is justification for killing them isn't a mental illness, I don't what is.

That would be the little italicized sentence in the dictionary underneath the actual definition of 'mental illness'.
you don't understand a) what a mental illness is or b) how defences pertaining to mental states affect law.

to get a defense or mitigating factor for any sort of mental illness, the person has to be insane or exhibit diminished responsibility at the time of committing the offence. for someone who has carefully planned a massacre, gone out and bought a gun and ammo, strategised it, written at length in blogposts or published race-hate manifestos, etc., they are not going to get a defense of insanity. they have to exhibit a loss of control or faculties at the time of committing the offense. what use would there be for society or the victim's families by declaring that that kid was 'mentally ill'? legally it means nothing. he plotted a mass killing just as well as any sane person would be able to.

in terms of classifying extremist views as mental illness... yeah, no. it doesn't matter what theory of mental illness you subscribe to, a person getting sucked into a world of online hate and extremist views is not medically ill. that would be like saying the majority of nazi germany's population had a mental illness because a dehumanising anti-semitism was the norm. what does that even mean? it's pointless and helps nobody. mental illness is a problem with an individual's psychology or neurology. when it comes to group movements, ideologies, extremist views, cults, etc., it doesn't help to use the individual-patient paradigm of 'mental illness'. is the entire following of scientology mentally ill? (people can be drawn to these movements and convenient groupthink because they are mentally ill or predisposed, but that's a different matter, and something the expert witnesses in this case clearly didn't think applied.)

some classifications that do stick to these martyr-messiah-extremist-crusader types is narcissistic personality disorder. people who think they have been chosen to start a race war and be some grand and crucial figure in history could possibly be suffering some sort of delusion. someone who hears voices for months that beseech them to murder someone probably has paranoid schizophrenia. but a kid who has been suckered into extremist circles isn't mentally ill.

Last edited by uziq (2017-01-11 10:20:50)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Killing someone over their skin color is perfectly normal if you associate their skin with a culture and their culture with a behavior.
uziq
+492|3422
it's premeditated and involves malice aforethought which means it's murder as far as pretty much any western justice system is concerned (wording may change but principles are essentially the same). just because those views are utterly repugnant to mainstream liberal society, just because they are considered so far beyond the pale, that doesn't mean the person has a problem with their brain. it means you have a problem with your liberal imagination.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
It seems May is positioning herself to bend over the UK and give it a Brexiting it won't soon forget. That'll show... someone... probably.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So Obama commuted the sentence of Chelsea Manning. I believe she should have been punished but she definitely suffered enough already. I am still strongly against giving Snowden a pardon though.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

I wonder if Wikileaks will follow through with this promise?

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/776437869376262144
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
uziq
+492|3422

DesertFox- wrote:

It seems May is positioning herself to bend over the UK and give it a Brexiting it won't soon forget. That'll show... someone... probably.
i was a remainer but there's little question that europe is a failing project, anyway. half the member states have become whipping boys to the german banks, who acted just as shady as the american banks during the financial crisis. pretty funny that obama did nothing about wall street and then gave merkel that presidential medal.

ordinary people in europe are pissed off. you have trump, we have brexit. i doubt france will go fully mental during their own upcoming election – the bourgeoisie are a well established majority there – but the backlash is continent-wide. there is no recovery plan in place for vast swathes of southern europe. we should remember that. greece, italy, spain – they're all staggering, and everyone is trying to prop up the fiction.

reminds me of a line from montaigne: "though we have fallen, we should remember it is not from a great height".

Last edited by uziq (2017-01-18 00:24:54)

Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I am glad that Obama pardoned Manning, that's actually a good thing and seems to have driven the right mad.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
He needed to serve time, and I'd say that 7 years is more reasonable than 35.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I don't think he did, don't you have freedom of information over there?

Scooter Libby should have served time.
uziq
+492|3422

Dilbert_X wrote:

freedom of information doesn't apply to confidential documents or secret state papers, derp. state security over rides public interest – in the u.k. and australia too.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Jay wrote:

He needed to serve time, and I'd say that 7 years is more reasonable than 35.
He needed to serve time, and will now walk out of prison a free woman.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

uziq wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

freedom of information doesn't apply to confidential documents or secret state papers, derp. state security over rides public interest – in the u.k. and australia too.
A defence should be if its exposing serious crimes by the govt, security services or military.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard