unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

So which self-serving reasons for joining the military do you find acceptable, Jay.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

They're joining the military to get their sex change operations done on the public dime. Fuck that. Let them serve but make them pay for their own operations.
Which is completely different from joining the military to get their degree on the public dime.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

They're joining the military to get their sex change operations done on the public dime. Fuck that. Let them serve but make them pay for their own operations.
Which is completely different from joining the military to get their degree on the public dime.
The GI Bill is a signing bonus, not a right.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

you are literally an fucking idiot and a real moran
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why? The whole purpose of the military is to fight wars or be ready to fight them. It serves literally no other function. When someone is in the process of going through gender reassignment they are completely combat ineffective and non-deployable. Unit cohesion takes a hit and so does effectiveness. They are making other people less safe. So no, I don't want the surgery and hormone therapy available while they are on active duty.

Last edited by Jay (2016-12-17 03:31:34)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
As a separate argument, I also think they are mentally ill and need therapy, not organ removal. But that's a personal choice on their part, and for them to make, not me. It also doesn't impact how I feel about reassignment in the military.

Last edited by Jay (2016-12-17 03:35:33)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
i hope you realise that the majority of people who identify as transgender have no interest in undergoing sex-change surgeries, either. that's not what transgender means. that's called being a transexual (and even then there are a large number of people in this latter category who have no desire to get their dicks removed, or whatever).

not to mention the pretty much baseless claim that there's this huge cynical group out there who are joining the military 'just' to get the surgery paid for.

not to mention this is coming from a guy who joined the military completely quite without the whole 'warrior ethos' himself, for selfish reasons of advancement.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i hope you realise that the majority of people who identify as transgender have no interest in undergoing sex-change surgeries, either. that's not what transgender means. that's called being a transexual (and even then there are a large number of people in this latter category who have no desire to get their dicks removed, or whatever).

not to mention the pretty much baseless claim that there's this huge cynical group out there who are joining the military 'just' to get the surgery paid for.

not to mention this is coming from a guy who joined the military completely quite without the whole 'warrior ethos' himself, for selfish reasons of advancement.
I served with women who only joined to have kids for free. They joined, found a husband, stayed perpetually pregnant, and got out. That was their goal and they followed through. Any time something is 'free' it will be exploited.

And like I said, if they want to serve, I don't have a problem with it. I was in the DADT army, but I knowingly served with gay and lesbian people and it wasn't a big deal (aside from one pervert in basic training who liked to sit on the bench outside of the shower room). I'm sure some of them cross dressed on the weekends too, shrug. I simply draw the line at paying for surgery/therapy that is entirely elective. I don't want to pay for boob jobs either.

Last edited by Jay (2016-12-17 03:52:10)

-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
all those uppity broads starting families and living on military bases must have really riled you jay.

i guess it was easy for you to delude yourself, going to a piece of shit naval college populated with other non-academic lunkheads, that you weren't pretty much gaming the higher education system in the exact same way.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
You could just say 'I agree'.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
i should agree with you? i have no problem with transgender people in the military or in any walk of life. most of them are just young people who have read too many tumblr blogs and self-identify with some tortuous neologism. they're just as able-bodied and mentally stable as any redneck hetero out of galveston.

the idea that transgender people are using the military for free cosmetic surgery is dumb. you, on the other hand, did run the sums and decided it would be worth it to kill goat herders in the middle east so that you could get your air conditioning certificate. who is more morally reprehensible?

Last edited by uziq (2016-12-17 04:44:06)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i should agree with you? i have no problem with transgender people in the military or in any walk of life. most of them are just young people who have read too many tumblr blogs and self-identify with some tortuous neologism. they're just as able-bodied and mentally stable as any redneck hetero out of galveston.

the idea that transgender people are using the military for free cosmetic surgery is dumb. you, on the other hand, did run the sums and decided it would be worth it to kill goat herders in the middle east so that you could get your air conditioning certificate. who is more morally reprehensible?
Do you honestly think I install and service air conditioner for a living? That's so funny. You really are a liberal arts turd.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
i'm belittling you because you're a mealy-mouthed petit-bourgeois who thinks he has summited the social ladder and can start revoking the rights of other groups to do the same.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

The whole purpose of the military is to fight wars or be ready to fight them. It serves literally no other function.
Sounds to me like the members don't need a degree after they've left then.
How does it help them kill Arabs for Israel if they get it after the fighting is over?

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2016-12-17 05:01:11)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

i'm belittling you because you're a mealy-mouthed petit-bourgeois who thinks he has summited the social ladder and can start revoking the rights of other groups to do the same.
You got all that from me stating I was opposed to paying for gender reassignment? Wow. You should become a psychologist because that is some next level analysis.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
You're against other people getting a benefit when you feel entitled to get a benefit for yourself.
uziq
+492|3422
i get it from the guy who adopts the sorting system of one of the founding fathers for his autodidact's library.

you are literally the textbook case of a social parvenu. you trash everyone above you, deny everyone below you, and use your own paltry experiences as the universal yardstick.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Why? The whole purpose of the military is to fight wars or be ready to fight them. It serves literally no other function.
You were even in the military and still aren't aware of the humanitarian efforts that militaries can provide.

Just delete your fucking account now. Dear god.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

You're against other people getting a benefit when you feel entitled to get a benefit for yourself.
Does your company offer any education benefits? Mine offers a few grand per semester if I want to take continuing education courses or masters courses. The stipulation is that I have to earn at least a B. It's a pretty standard perk.

The stipulation for earning the GI Bill was completion of my contract and an honorable discharge. I traded 4 1/2 years of my young adult life for meager pay and a college education. I'm really not understanding the criticism here. Did you trade 5% of your life for your education?
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422
jay still likes to pretend he's a libertarian edgelord. he comes out with severe sounding sentences cause it helps him think he's being some hard realist philosopher-type who sees things in their plain colours. the pessimistic and 'disenchanted' (scare quotes) outlook helps him self-justify his own selfish and avaricious life story. he has the collected works of machiavelli in a fine leather binding on his book shelf. readers digest were offering it in 3 vols with reasonable monthly payments.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

Jay wrote:

uziq wrote:

Why? The whole purpose of the military is to fight wars or be ready to fight them. It serves literally no other function.
You were even in the military and still aren't aware of the humanitarian efforts that militaries can provide.

What humanitarian efforts? People in the military are hired killers, not NGO humanitarians.
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

The stipulation for earning the GI Bill was completion of my contract and an honorable discharge. I traded 4 1/2 years of my young adult life for meager pay and a college education. I'm really not understanding the criticism here. Did you trade 5% of your life for your education?
see my above remarks about jay's experience being the universal measure. he STRUGGLED for his education. how can anyone else even understand? everyone else with a degree got it with their eyes closed – soft-bellied liberals who don't know the value of GRAFT. oh, you went to a better college than me? you had privilege. jay alone is HEROIC. witness the pathetic and sorry story of the SELF-MADE MAN.

you are THE petit-bourgeoisie. you will always be impoverished in spirit.

Last edited by uziq (2016-12-17 05:19:02)

Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney

Jay wrote:

Jaekus wrote:

Jay wrote:

What humanitarian efforts? People in the military are hired killers, not NGO humanitarians.
Go to Google. I'm not going to explain how to work the internet for you either.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Does your company offer any education benefits? Mine offers a few grand per semester if I want to take continuing education courses or masters courses. The stipulation is that I have to earn at least a B. It's a pretty standard perk.

So why shouldn't transgender people take some free surgery if that's the deal apparently on the table?
Degree or surgery - Who are you to take other people's decisions for them?

Did I trade 5% of my life to get an education? No of course not, I didn't grow in a Heinleinian militarist utopia which required me to sign up for foreign combat to get a basic education.

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2016-12-17 05:19:51)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

uziq wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

see my above remarks about jay's experience being the universal measure. he STRUGGLED for his education. how can anyone else even understand? everyone else with a degree got it with their eyes closed – soft-bellied liberals who don't know the value of GRAFT. oh, you went to a better college than me? you had privilege. jay alone is HEROIC. witness the pathetic and sorry story of the SELF-MADE MAN.

you are THE petit-bourgeoisie. you will always be impoverished in spirit.
I think you're projecting your inferiority complex. I know you had big dreams and now find yourself editing history books in a 3rd rate shop. I know it's hard, but there's still time to write that novel or screenplay. I believe in you Aaron!
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard