[BB]Mort
+3|6638|Sydney
Dunno if it's just the internode servers in Oz, but about halfway through EVERY game, everything would freeze "Lost connection" message and you'd see tanks, jeeps etc floating off into the distance. After about a minute it all came back and continued on as normal.

Is anyone seeing this happen? It was happening on normal and SF and only started since the patch.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6803|Perth, Western Australia
It happened to me on node, not sure about others
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6641|Oxford, MS
I've seen it happen before...looks pretty cool.  But I've never experienced it as regularly as you are claiming.  Are you the server admin by chance?  May want to put in a support ticket.  If not, you could notify whoever runs the server.  I'm sure there's a website or email addy somewhere for it.  Good luck.
Dingarth
+17|6610|Australia
Me too. I thought it was just me. Sometimes I actually lose and get disconnected.

I was also thinking it was 1.3
smarty007
+-1|6657

[BB]Mort wrote:

Dunno if it's just the internode servers in Oz, but about halfway through EVERY game, everything would freeze "Lost connection" message and you'd see tanks, jeeps etc floating off into the distance. After about a minute it all came back and continued on as normal.

Is anyone seeing this happen? It was happening on normal and SF and only started since the patch.
yeah dude its happening all over because im getting it too in england
DSRTurtle
+56|6704
I've noticed that a lot more frequently since 1.3 was released.
dalepw
+2|6606|Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Yeah happening a lot to me last night on the Internode servers.
oberst_enzian
+234|6761|melb.au

DSRTurtle wrote:

I've noticed that a lot more frequently since 1.3 was released.
ditto
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6691|A sunburnt country
and it's continuing..................EA....................hello.........earth to EA.
Aardcore
+60|6731|USA, Arizona
Yeah what the heck is that going on? I thought it was just servers restarting, but I thought about it and though I'm no server host or anything, maybe 1.3 is conflicting with the servers in some way that they cause them to restart the way they do. Usually when that happens I figure it's time to take a break LOL

So I get up, have a drink, chill out for a while, jam out to some tunes, talk to some friends then remember "Oh yeah! Battlefield 2!" and get back into it.

It doesn't really bother me but it's not really good that it's happening either. Still, I call it 'break time' LOL
bowdenball
+11|6664|Greenville, SC
i haven't had the freezing problem..just the disconnect now... ugh...
Aardcore
+60|6731|USA, Arizona
I hate when it happens though because everything stops and I think "Ah crap I'm getting kicked out of the server for something everyone in the game doesn't like me for... AGAIN!"

It's happened before and probably won't stop there but yeah, the game just stops and then it says connection's lost, I go check it out in the favorites where I'd last played it and see the server was just emptied out. Strange.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6807|Singapore

Is that server side?
Aardcore
+60|6731|USA, Arizona

polarbearz wrote:

Is that server side?
I would assume so but I think it's just servers conflicting with the 1.3 patch. I've heard people individually have been getting performance issues every now and then. Me too. Like I think I get this MONSTER lag but usually a server would kick me out for having such horrendous lag. I've seen other people kicked out for it but I haven't yet I get this WEIRD lag where like, I cross a bridge or something, and the game forces me back to where I Was like, just at the beginning of the bridge, and I'm still moving thinking I had this horrible lag, then it goes back to normal and I'm actually still moving PAST the bridge but I've run into something because of it LOL

It's really weird, I can't FRAP it, my dual monitor support system conflicts with the framerate-video capture and it just wouldn't work even if I tried, I'm just hoping other people know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I think it is server-side/patch issue.

I could be wrong, I really don't know I'm just speculating.
VspyVspy
Sniper
+183|6691|A sunburnt country
It's server side for me.
MetalChont
+18|6567|Sydney, Australia
It happened to me 3 or 4 times last night when playing on Interchode... go to GA.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6589|USA
bah. old news. i've had this happen to me since 1.12 (when i got the game) its just one of those things.
[BB]Mort
+3|6638|Sydney
No dude, if you've been having since 1.12 then there's something wrong with your machine or setup.

One thing myself and a few clan members have noticed is that it seems to happen just after a "high ping warning" message is displayed followed by a high pinger being kicked.

Mayve it's an issue on server with the ping kicker enabled when the auto-kick takes effect?
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6805|Rockhampton Qld
i would say its patch 1.3
this never ever happened to me until i patched to 1.3 now its unplayable
i get the freeze every game.
not now and again , as i said every game, so im out until someone either fixes it or ea brings out another patch to fix it.
last week end i probably lost 500 points until i said enough is enough.
its a pity to, as i really love the game.

ps: is this a ploy to stop us playing this and go tot he new one when its out ?.
[BB]Mort
+3|6638|Sydney

-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum wrote:

ps: is this a ploy to stop us playing this and go tot he new one when its out ?.
I would kind of doubt it , I can't imagine how turning your top product to crap would inspire people to rush out and buy your next offering!

I haven't had any points lost, only once have I totally lost connection, every other time it comes back and the game goes on after a minute or so.

Last night it did it with 2 tickets to go, everyone thought it was just the "end-of-round"  thing, but then it came back again and finished a few seconds later when someone got the final few kills... it's annoying, really annoying, but not enough for me to quit the game
Sniper926
Bullet Magnet
+14|6581|A good vantage point...
Yeah this only happened a couple of times for me pre-1.3, but last night had 3 rounds in a row hang up like that !!! Seems to be happening more regularly now on I/node...(not so much on GA tho)...

It's a bit touch and go now too - it either drops you back into the game where you were last standing, or I get punted back to the server browser with a "Connection lost" message, then I can't even get back in unless I close BF2 altogether and login again...

Last night I got back into the same 64 player server I was booted from and out of 64 players previously, there were 5 left...so must have been some kind of server crash ??!?

It's becoming a real pain in the ass...
[BB]Mort
+3|6638|Sydney
I've been using the freezes as a chance to look around and check if there's anyone sneaking up on me.

The other night I was in a jeep on wake going full pelt towards a bridge when it happened. In vehicles you keep "drifting" though and as I drifted along slowly spinning I noticed a row of mines on the other side of the bridge and an anti-tank guy in ambush.

When the game resumed, I slammed on the reverse, to stop, jumped out and shot a guy hiding, jumped back in and drove around the mines and then capped the flag

So it does have it's uses!
dalepw
+2|6606|Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
Hysterical +1 for you [BB]Mort
Ekfud
Infantry Whore
+42|6694|Kingswood Country
Yep - have had maybe a dozen rounds over the last 12 months crash, pre 1.3 patch. I am now lucky to go more than 3 rounds without being kicked to desktop. Have had it happen a couple of times on GA, but I normally land on Internode servers, and they have been crashing me out a RIDICULOUS number of times.

Btw - I know it ain't the right forum, but getting a 'gift' expert knife badge upon loading the new patch is poor. I didn't even get the little pic and drum roll, as it awarded me a tactical support badge over the top of it as well. Rant over.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard