pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6281|Washington St.

Jay wrote:

pirana6 wrote:

Jay wrote:

Attach the ground wire to the junction box you heathen
No visible jbox. Just two wires coming through the plaster and lathe. I helped rebuild/rewire an entire kitchen a few years back so I'm generally aware of how things are to be done - and this apartment is not that way.
My old pre-war apartment was like that too. Used to love the smell of sizzling wires followed by the pop of a light bulb burning out. I'm pretty sure it was knob and tube.
Yep that's how my dads 1920's house is wired. Plenty of exposed knobs and tubes in the basement. Had to have the lecture on what wire never to touch even though they were lining the walls and ceilings easy enough to walk into if you weren't careful enough.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

my condo is pre-desert storm and my apartment is pre-Syrian civil war.  Lot's of history here in OC.
uziq
+492|3442
jay was the pre-war place you're talking about the one with all the fake ye olde england wattle and daub?

no wonder you want to be a history professor!!!
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6671|Disaster Free Zone
Why do American houses not have ceiling lights?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6622|949

haha wut?
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6143|what

Jay wrote:

I'm pretty sure it was knob and tube.
Sounds like Dauntless on a saturday night.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha wut?
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
bugz
Fission Mailed
+3,311|6302

Mine was built in 1979 and it had no overhead lighting when I first moved in (except for the kitchen). All the bedrooms had one wall outlet controlled by the lightswitch where a floor/table lamp could be plugged in.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6671|Disaster Free Zone

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha wut?
Just got back from 2 months in the US and there was a distinct lack of ceiling lights in many places and lamps were the only sources of light. Not true of everywhere but definitely close to half had no ceiling lights and many others had it in 1 or 2 rooms and none in the rest of the house.

Last edited by DrunkFace (2016-11-22 19:34:51)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5348|London, England

uziq wrote:

jay was the pre-war place you're talking about the one with all the fake ye olde england wattle and daub?

no wonder you want to be a history professor!!!
Yes, it was built in the 20s
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

DrunkFace wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha wut?
Just got back from 2 months in the US and there was a distinct lack of ceiling lights in many places and lamps were the only sources of light. Not true of everywhere but definitely close to half had no ceiling lights and many others had it in 1 or 2 rooms and none in the rest of the house.
Depends on the era of the home. Houses built between the 40s and  the 1980s usually didn't have ceiling lights because overhead light was considered harsh and it takes more labor to install overhead lights than wall receptacles.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

RTHKI wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha wut?
It's actually a thing
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3442

mandatory

Last edited by uziq (2016-11-23 20:09:19)

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
Anyone ever get into a Facebook like loop? It is when a random person you rarely or don't see likes a post of yours so you politely return one. You end up trading likes forever and am not sure if the other person even likes you.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6727|Oxferd Ohire
no
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3442
strange little man.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
No, you can block non-friends from liking or commenting.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6096|eXtreme to the maX
No, you can block non-friends from liking or commenting.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6675|United States of America
I assume by "random person" he just means, like, distant acquaintances that you have no online interaction with elsewise. Not a legit stranger as if your profile was public.

Also, no.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
It's probably easy to track who likes your stuff when you only have 5 friends
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3710
yeah i mean distant acquaintances. it is odd that a person you otherwise have no contact with decides to become a regular liker to your stuff. and it feels like you have to be polite and respond back when they do it 15 times.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-11-25 13:56:44)

https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3442
siihb
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3950|SL,UT

jesus fuck, i appeal to what moderation is left - close this partial abortion thread and let someone else start the circle jerk thread over
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6675|United States of America
You're right. It is almost time for EE Chats 2017.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6613|Little Bentcock
shotgun

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard