Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Trotskygrad wrote:

I just hope they deban 7N6
i'd rather they stopped propping fascist fuckers that seized control in ukraine.
if you open your mind too much your brain will fall out.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6706|Purplicious Wisconsin

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

i'd rather they stopped propping fascist fuckers that seized control in ukraine.
I doubt you even know the definition of a fascist or what is involved in a fascist controlled government. I also doubt you know the difference between and NAZI and a fascist.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

They need more than a few of the conservative house and senate members to go against what they normally vote for. Not EVERY republican wants roe v wade turned. Not everyone one believes in full-fledged Pro-life. Have 100% house/senate/potus/scotus? yeah then we have an issue.
Plus there's always filibustering.

November 9, 2016 at 9:47 am
By Garrison Keillor, Special to The Washington Post

So he won. The nation takes a deep breath. Raw ego and proud illiteracy have won out and a severely learning-disabled
man with a real character problem will be president. We are so exhausted from thinking about this election, millions
of people will take up leaf-raking and garage cleaning with intense pleasure. We liberal elitists are wrecks. The
Trumpers had a whale of a good time, waving their signs, jeering at the media, beating up protesters, chanting “Lock
her up” — we elitists just stood and clapped. Nobody chanted “Stronger Together.” It just doesn’t chant.

The Trumpers never expected their guy to actually win the thing, and that’s their problem now. They only wanted to
whoop and yell, boo at the H-word, wear profane T-shirts, maybe grab a crotch or two, jump in the RV with a couple
six-packs and go out and shoot some spotted owls. It was pleasure enough for them just to know that they were driving
us wild with dismay — by “us,” I mean librarians, children’s authors, yoga practitioners, Unitarians, birdwatchers,
people who make their own pasta, opera goers, the grammar police, people who keep books on their shelves, that bunch.
The Trumpers exulted in knowing we were tearing our hair out. They had our number, like a bratty kid who knows exactly
how to make you grit your teeth and froth at the mouth.

Alas for the Trump voters, the disasters he will bring on this country will fall more heavily on them than anyone
else. The uneducated white males who elected him are the vulnerable ones and they will not like what happens next.

To all the patronizing B.S. we’ve read about Trump expressing the white working class’ displacement and loss of the
American Dream, I say, “Feh!” — go put your head under cold water. Resentment is no excuse for bald-faced stupidity.
America is still the land where the waitress’ kids can grow up to become physicists and novelists and pediatricians,
but it helps a lot if the waitress and her husband encourage good habits and the ambition to use your God-given
talents and the kids aren’t plugged into electronics day and night. Whooping it up for the candidate of cruelty and
ignorance does less than nothing for your kids.

We liberal elitists are now completely in the clear. The government is in Republican hands. Let them deal with him.
Democrats can spend four years raising heirloom tomatoes, meditating, reading Jane Austen, traveling around the
country, tasting artisan beers, and let the Republicans build the wall and carry on the trade war with China and
deport the undocumented and deal with opioids and we Democrats can go for a long brisk walk and smell the roses.

I like Republicans. I used to spend Sunday afternoons with a bunch of them, drinking Scotch and soda and trying to
care about NFL football. It was fun. I tried to think like them. (Life is what you make it. People are people. When
the going gets tough, tough noogies.) But I came back to liberal elitism.

Don’t be cruel. Elvis said it and it’s true. We all experienced cruelty back in our playground days, boys who beat up
on the timid, girls who made fun of the homely and naive, and most of us, to our shame, went along with it, afraid to
defend the victims lest we become one of them. But by your 20s, you should be done with cruelty. Mr. Trump was the
cruelest candidate since George Wallace. How he won on fear and bile is for political pathologists to study. The
country is already tired of his noise, even his own voters. He is likely to become the most intensely disliked
president since Hoover. His children will carry the burden of his name. He will never be happy in his own skin. But
the damage he will do to our country — who knows? His supporters voted for change, and boy, are they going to get it.

Back to real life. I went up to my hometown the other day and ran into my gym teacher, Stan Nelson, looking good at
96. He commanded a landing craft at Normandy on June 6, 1944, and never said a word about it back then, just made us
do chin-ups whether we wanted to or not. I saw my biology teacher Lyle Bradley, a Marine pilot in the Korean War,
still going birdwatching in his 90s. I was not a good student then, but I am studying both of them now. They have seen
it all and are still optimistic. The past year of politics has taught us absolutely nothing. Zilch. Zero. Nada. The
future is scary. Let the uneducated have their day. I am now going to pay more attention to teachers.
Dude is so beta
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.

Aaron Sorkin wrote:

Sorkin Girls,

Well the world changed late last night in a way I couldn’t protect us from. That’s a terrible feeling for a father. I won’t sugarcoat it—this is truly horrible. It’s hardly the first time my candidate didn’t win (in fact it’s the sixth time) but it is the first time that a thoroughly incompetent pig with dangerous ideas, a serious psychiatric disorder, no knowledge of the world and no curiosity to learn has.

And it wasn’t just Donald Trump who won last night—it was his supporters too. The Klan won last night. White nationalists. Sexists, racists and buffoons. Angry young white men who think rap music and Cinco de Mayo are a threat to their way of life (or are the reason for their way of life) have been given cause to celebrate. Men who have no right to call themselves that and who think that women who aspire to more than looking hot are shrill, ugly, and otherwise worthy of our scorn rather than our admiration struck a blow for misogynistic shitheads everywhere. Hate was given hope. Abject dumbness was glamorized as being “the fresh voice of an outsider” who’s going to “shake things up.” (Did anyone bother to ask how? Is he going to re-arrange the chairs in the Roosevelt Room?) For the next four years, the President of the United States, the same office held by Washington and Jefferson, Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt, F.D.R., J.F.K. and Barack Obama, will be held by a man-boy who’ll spend his hours exacting Twitter vengeance against all who criticize him (and those numbers will be legion). We’ve embarrassed ourselves in front of our children and the world.

And the world took no time to react. The Dow futures dropped 700 points overnight. Economists are predicting a deep and prolonged recession. Our NATO allies are in a state of legitimate fear. And speaking of fear, Muslim-Americans, Mexican-Americans and African-Americans are shaking in their shoes. And we’d be right to note that many of Donald Trump’s fans are not fans of Jews. On the other hand, there is a party going on at ISIS headquarters. What wouldn’t we give to trade this small fraction of a man for Richard Nixon right now?

So what do we do?

First of all, we remember that we’re not alone. A hundred million people in America and a billion more around the world feel exactly the same way we do.

Second, we get out of bed. The Trumpsters want to see people like us (Jewish, “coastal elites,” educated, socially progressive, Hollywood…) sobbing and wailing and talking about moving to Canada. I won’t give them that and neither will you. Here’s what we’ll do…

…we’ll fucking fight. (Roxy, there’s a time for this kind of language and it’s now.) We’re not powerless and we’re not voiceless. We don’t have majorities in the House or Senate but we do have representatives there. It’s also good to remember that most members of Trump’s own party feel exactly the same way about him that we do. We make sure that the people we sent to Washington—including Kamala Harris—take our strength with them and never take a day off.

We get involved. We do what we can to fight injustice anywhere we see it—whether it’s writing a check or rolling up our sleeves. Our family is fairly insulated from the effects of a Trump presidency so we fight for the families that aren’t. We fight for a woman to keep her right to choose. We fight for the First Amendment and we fight mostly for equality—not for a guarantee of equal outcomes but for equal opportunities. We stand up.

America didn’t stop being America last night and we didn’t stop being Americans and here’s the thing about Americans: Our darkest days have always—always—been followed by our finest hours.

Roxy, I know my predictions have let you down in the past, but personally, I don’t think this guy can make it a year without committing an impeachable crime. If he does manage to be a douche nozzle without breaking the law for four years, we’ll make it through those four years. And three years from now we’ll fight like hell for our candidate and we’ll win and they’ll lose and this time they’ll lose for good. Honey, it’ll be your first vote.

The battle isn’t over, it’s just begun. Grandpa fought in World War II and when he came home this country handed him an opportunity to make a great life for his family. I will not hand his granddaughter a country shaped by hateful and stupid men. Your tears last night woke me up, and I’ll never go to sleep on you again.

Love,

Dad
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5350|London, England
I get enough of this melodrama on my Facebook wall. He won, we didn't vote for him, now we just have to hope he does a decent job. Maybe he'll surprise us in a good way.

Last edited by Jay (2016-11-10 14:00:35)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
The only good thing about this election is that small town America is going to get obliterated some more the next 4 years. There is going to be a lot of remorse when rural people find out the NYC billionaire and big business GOP has no interest in rebuilding little towns in Wisconsin.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6145|what

SuperJail Warden wrote:

The only good thing about this election is that small town America is going to get obliterated some more the next 4 years. There is going to be a lot of remorse when rural people find out the NYC billionaire and big business GOP has no interest in rebuilding little towns in Wisconsin.
He's going to be so amazing, the best. He's going to make America win again. You don't win any more. People call him and they say Donald, we don't win. That's why he's going to be a good President. Bigly.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
i really don't get the movement of 'omg i have to explain to my child/students how people got elected'

maybe this should be more of a lesson of not putting your complete trust in the media machine (including facebook and twitter).
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Trotskygrad
бля
+354|5991|Vortex Ring State

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

eh, I wouldn't say they're being propped up, I know a couple Poroshenko supporters personally.

War Man wrote:

Shahter wrote:

Trotskygrad wrote:

I doubt you even know the definition of a fascist or what is involved in a fascist controlled government. I also doubt you know the difference between and NAZI and a fascist.
enlighten us, o great War Man

Last edited by Trotskygrad (2016-11-10 18:42:08)

Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Trotskygrad wrote:

eh, I wouldn't say they're being propped up, I know a couple Poroshenko supporters personally.
it's not about supporters. everybody has some. donald fucking trump has enough no become president of the most powerful nation in the world, apparently.

poroshenko and his crew ruined ukraine as a nation - both economically and socially. there's no way that russian part of the population will ever find common ground with ukrainian after what had been done to them - both of them. ukraine is on yugoslavia trail now, and the only thing keeping it together is foreign aid to current regime in kiev.

so i hope it ends soon, and the dead horse decomposes like it should.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6615|Little Bentcock
how do you feel about ukraine shahter
uziq
+492|3444
lol
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America
The whole Day 1 Agenda just made me think of this tidbit from a FDR speech:

"Let me warn you, and let me warn the nation, against the smooth evasion that says: "Of course we believe these things. We believe in social security. We believe in work for the unemployed. We believe in saving homes. Cross our hearts and hope to die! We believe in all these things. But we do not like the way that the present administration is doing them. Just turn them over to us. We will do all of them, we will do more of them, we will do them better and, most important of all, the doing of them will not cost anybody anything!"
Shahter
Zee Ruskie
+295|6767|Moscow, Russia

Adams_BJ wrote:

how do you feel about ukraine shahter
sad
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
"The previous US presidents (1789 to 2016) came into the White House with an average of 13 years in public office and 5.6 years of military service.

Donald Trump’s tally: zero — on both counts.

Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, and Dwight Eisenhower — the only other presidents with no public office experience — served a combined 100 years in various military roles before taking office. By contrast, Trump received five draft deferments, including one for temporary “bone spurs” on his heels. During the 2016 election, he insulted multiple war veterans, including Sen. John McCain, a Vietnam POW."
http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/ … experience

Most qualified leader we could have found.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6283|Washington St.
Who cares, my taxes will be lowered by a fraction of a percent. That's the only thing that matters.

Mememememememememe.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

SuperJail Warden wrote:

"The previous US presidents (1789 to 2016) came into the White House with an average of 13 years in public office and 5.6 years of military service.

Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, and Dwight Eisenhower — the only other presidents with no public office experience — served a combined 100 years in various military roles before taking office. By contrast, Trump received five draft deferments, including one for temporary “bone spurs” on his heels. During the 2016 election, he insulted multiple war veterans, including Sen. John McCain, a Vietnam POW."

gee not like he ran a multi billion dollar enterprise or anything. nope 0 experience, just like obama right.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX

pirana6 wrote:

Who cares, my taxes will be lowered by a fraction of a percent. That's the only thing that matters.

Mememememememememe.
Borrowing from your children - pure genius.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444

Cybargs wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

gee not like he ran a multi billion dollar enterprise or anything. nope 0 experience, just like obama right.
oh god cybargs buys into the 'he's a competent businessman' line about a guy who never releases his tax returns, massively inflates his (inherited) wealth and who has abused bankruptcy clauses. yep. well who needs a public servant when you have a corporate mastermind

can't wait for elon musk and jeff bezos to run in 2020
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6098|eXtreme to the maX
Elon Musk is a bit of a chancer who has ridden on other people's backs but he's not stupid or evil.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3444
it's the valorisation of businessmen i am pointing fun at. the idea that someone who can run a business or manage a corporate organisation can therefore be a good statesperson is a false equivalence in my opinion. business is not the same as politics – or at least shouldn't be. managerialism and technocratic rule have been a disaster for exactly the sort of demographics who are putting people like trump in power on fascist appeals to long-lost pasts and 'golden ages'. hillary lost because she was too close to corporates and the neoliberal consensus. businesspeople are not good politicians, period. it's all based on this totally facile notion that being able to balance the books in a business concern and make a profit will somehow translate to a national economy. about as fatuous as the notion that national debt works the same way as household debt.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708

uziq wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

oh god cybargs buys into the 'he's a competent businessman' line about a guy who never releases his tax returns, massively inflates his (inherited) wealth and who has abused bankruptcy clauses. yep. well who needs a public servant when you have a corporate mastermind

Barack Obama was a college professor, new senator and a 'community organiser'. Turned out not to be too bad.

I find it funny how someone can 'abuse' bankruptcy clauses when it's simply part of how corporation law is set out.

Whether your opinion of him as a competent businessman or not doesn't really matter, but to say he has 'no experience' is a bit far fetched.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3712
Obama was a state senator for 7 years and his area of study was constitutional law. Trump built hotels.
uziq
+492|3444

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Barack Obama was a college professor, new senator and a 'community organiser'. Turned out not to be too bad.

I find it funny how someone can 'abuse' bankruptcy clauses when it's simply part of how corporation law is set out.

Whether your opinion of him as a competent businessman or not doesn't really matter, but to say he has 'no experience' is a bit far fetched.
i always get the impression your reading comprehension is very low. your post didn't address anything i said at all. it's like you exist in a parallel universe.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6677|United States of America

pirana6 wrote:

Mememememememememe.
And the super-wealthy will have their taxes lowered by ~10%. Isn't that nice? Those folks have had a rough time.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard