Hup! Dos, Tres, Cuatro
+2,629|5759|Catherine Black
wat
https://i.imgur.com/qwWEP9F.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Superior Mind wrote:

I don't think I would invite that scenario in to my life. But if I did I can only assume I could handle it because I would be a willing participant, or willing voyeur rather - as a fetish. But if I found out my wife was cheating I can't say how I'd handle it. I probably wouldn't collapse in defeat with my cock and balls tucked between my legs. Every front has a back. So if I invite that kind of upsetting scenario in to my life then I might have deserved it/needed it to happen.
You live in Kuwait? If your wife cheats on you, you could just legally stone her and the man to death.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I'm not married. I'm temporarily in Kuwait.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

Superior Mind wrote:

I'm not married. I'm temporarily in Kuwait.
Get stoned and invite a cuck into your life, then?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

handed my notice in today with no job lined up, it was pretty satisfying seeing the look on their faces because they clearly didn't want me to quit but they've fucked me about a few times recently (£5k expenses not being paid amongst other things) so it's strange they didn't see it coming

they're going to come up with an offer next week but I'm not taking it unless they transfer me to NY
https://imgur.com/kXTNQ8D.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

Dauntless wrote:

handed my notice in today with no job lined up, it was pretty satisfying seeing the look on their faces because they clearly didn't want me to quit but they've fucked me about a few times recently (£5k expenses not being paid amongst other things) so it's strange they didn't see it coming

they're going to come up with an offer next week but I'm not taking it unless they transfer me to NY
Why you wanna come here? The weather? It's raining today, it would feel like home.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

He wants to live in California.  NYC is a stop gap
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.

Dauntless wrote:

Was it you that rented a Ferrari California a ways back? Was that apart of the 5k in expenses that wasn't paid?
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

He wants to live in California.  NYC is a stop gap
yeah pretty much

pirana6 wrote:

Dauntless wrote:

Was it you that rented a Ferrari California a ways back? Was that apart of the 5k in expenses that wasn't paid?
hahaha yeah it was but no i didn't expense that!
i rented a huracan in miami too a few weeks ago but i didn't expense that either, they were all legitimate claims

Last edited by Dauntless (2016-10-27 18:26:00)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
well you're an odd ball but fair enough
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

If my company denied $5K in expenses I would have quit on the spot.  Good on you
Dauntless
Admin
+2,249|6713|London

they didn't deny it per se, they just didn't pay it when they should've and didn't tell me, they've paid some of it now and are paying the rest
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
I was looking forward to my Amazon shipment coming. FedEx fucked it up, as usual. Without selecting their most expensive shipping service you don't get the benefit of being able to pick up your package at a FedEx kiosk, and if you 'miss' the delivery 3 times it is Return to Sender. In my case that is literally on the other side of Canada, a short 8 hour flight away. The kick in the teeth is that I didn't miss shit. FedEx showed up, saw there is no doorman, and drove away. No sticky note saying "hey, we missed you" or a call saying "yo, that's 2 strikes, you should get your shit together".

Fuck you FedEx. I hope you fucking fail. Purolator and UPS are vastly better. Eat a dick.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
True
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Ive had no issues with FedEx or UPS (or USPS). We have OnTrac which is likely the worst company ever to exist. Amazon HAS to be the only thing keeping them afloat because you can't find a single favorable reviews on them anywhere. Amazon must pay them just enough to keep the company going while paying them less than any of the others.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Amazon is an awesome company. I don't know how I managed to live before without it.
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Amazon is an awesome company. I don't know how I managed to live before without it.
The good news is that I know Amazon has decent customer service, so when I explain this to them they will likely ship out the package again with a different courier. It's not a lost cause, but fuck me do I need those fuzzy dice.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Does anyone use Amazon Smile? I must have donated at least a dollar by now.
uziq
+492|3422

SuperJail Warden wrote:

amazon totally raped the publishing industry and now have expanded into holding a bunch of other industries over a barrel, too. good for the end-consumer i guess in the same way that über is great for someone who just wants a lift across town.

amazon demand like a 60% discount on the wholesale price of books. if a mom and pops brick and mortar store asked us for those rates we'd tell them to go fuck their apple-pie eating kids. but because it's amazon we have no choice. then they don't pay tax. meh. the whole amazon-paypal prophet circle are a bunch of psychopaths.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
I am going to ComicCon next year. I am going as a Cowboy.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

amazon totally raped the publishing industry and now have expanded into holding a bunch of other industries over a barrel, too. good for the end-consumer i guess in the same way that über is great for someone who just wants a lift across town.

amazon demand like a 60% discount on the wholesale price of books. if a mom and pops brick and mortar store asked us for those rates we'd tell them to go fuck their apple-pie eating kids. but because it's amazon we have no choice. then they don't pay tax. meh. the whole amazon-paypal prophet circle are a bunch of psychopaths.
It's funny because it's the first time in over a decade amazon actually posted a profit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
uziq
+492|3422

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It's funny because it's the first time in over a decade amazon actually posted a profit.
well, yeah, except it's not funny because they aggressively underpriced everyone else and killed the industry.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

well, yeah, except it's not funny because they aggressively underpriced everyone else and killed the industry.
Being underpriced can only be sustainable for so long. Amazon is purely supported by it's investors and once the bubble burst, amazon will go down with it. Amazon will have to start changing its business model for it to remain sustainable. Which is one of the reason why the knock off alibaba is doing quite well.

Same with Uber, cost cutting can only go so far.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Being underpriced can only be sustainable for so long. Amazon is purely supported by it's investors and once the bubble burst, amazon will go down with it. Amazon will have to start changing its business model for it to remain sustainable. Which is one of the reason why the knock off alibaba is doing quite well.

Same with Uber, cost cutting can only go so far.
They've been profitable for six straight quarters and the profits keep expanding.
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

you are legitimately a bozo cybargs.

Amazon has posted a profit for years now. They posted net income last year, and in 2012 too.  Amazon's profit is largely from their web services.  AWS is consistently a $500M cash cow for Amazon.  They lose money on their e-commerce unit by design - price penetration is as rudimentary an ecomomic strategy as can be...you didn't learn about that in your myriad business classes? They are almost at a point where e-commerce is synonymous with Amazon, which is the fucking point.  They don't have to change their business model - their business model is undercut everyone until they are the only viable option.

Alibaba isn't a knockoff either, any more than Yandex is a knockoff of Google.  They serve different markets, that's all.

Go back to contract law. Or ask one of your professors so you can parrot their response here.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard