Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Back in school to get a second B.A. I only needed 4 classes in order to get a B.A. in political science on top of my B.A. in History. Not motivated, smart enough, or have the money to do a M.A. One day though.
Don't most schools have rules again holding 2 of the same degree from the same school? I know mine did.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I re-enrolled to the school I was at before I transferred to Rutgers. I had one year there and three at RU. I sat down with the chair of the political science department and since I did a minor in Poli Sci at RU, I only had to take 4 Poli Sci classes.

Pretty pointless to get since I am not even using my first one but since I enjoy the classes and have nothing else better to do, why not?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422
can't see why anyone would want two BA's in the same discipline. don't you already have double-majors in the states for 'impressive' BAs?

get an MA/Msc
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

uziq wrote:

can't see why anyone would want two BA's in the same discipline. don't you already have double-majors in the states for 'impressive' BAs?

get an MA/Msc
cos macbeth is apparently too poor for an MA
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Cybargs wrote:

uziq wrote:

get an MA/Msc
cos macbeth is apparently too poor for an MA
like SLI with cheap cards vs getting one nice one
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6123|what

Didn't get the pay rise I was hoping for but I've been told I'll be on 3 figures in 6 months time.

Thing is a could go contractor and be earning a whole lot more but there's the added risk of being out of work until you get something.

Is anyone here a contractor? Would you recommend it?
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I re-enrolled to the school I was at before I transferred to Rutgers. I had one year there and three at RU. I sat down with the chair of the political science department and since I did a minor in Poli Sci at RU, I only had to take 4 Poli Sci classes.

Pretty pointless to get since I am not even using my first one but since I enjoy the classes and have nothing else better to do, why not?
Although masters programs are more rigorous in many ways, I don't think you actually need to be 'smart' to do one. Your acceptance to the program is proof enough that the administration believes you to be capable.

If I were considering going back to school for anything, it would be for a second masters or for a professional certification that actually benefits me in some way. I really gotta say I think you are entirely wasting your time and money going for a second BA just so that you can say 'I'm a double BA!' (which reeks of douche if you know anything about academia).

Last edited by Pocshy2.0 (2016-10-22 08:45:55)

jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

AussieReaper wrote:

Didn't get the pay rise I was hoping for but I've been told I'll be on 3 figures in 6 months time.

Thing is a could go contractor and be earning a whole lot more but there's the added risk of being out of work until you get something.

Is anyone here a contractor? Would you recommend it?
I've done both .. always like the money but the tax management can be kind of pain. Really depends on how you like to work.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Although masters programs are more rigorous in many ways, I don't think you actually need to be 'smart' to do one. Your acceptance to the program is proof enough that the administration believes you to be capable.

If I were considering going back to school for anything, it would be for a second masters or for a professional certification that actually benefits me in some way. I really gotta say I think you are entirely wasting your time and money going for a second BA just so that you can say 'I'm a double BA!' (which reeks of douche if you know anything about academia).
I don't see it as wasting time or money. I genuinely enjoy the classes and I have the money to spare. Doing a MA would cost about 9 times as much and take twice as long at a minimum. I get to read and write about stuff I like without the same amount of pressure I had doing my first BA or would feel if I was doing a MA for professional purposes.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-10-22 11:24:10)

DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6654|United States of America
So it's just a bit of a lark? The MA you can actually waggle in someones face and actually use as a chip in salary negotiations (and even in acquiring interviews). Double BAs, especially if one is in history, probably is less utilitarian.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

DesertFox- wrote:

So it's just a bit of a lark? The MA you can actually waggle in someones face and actually use as a chip in salary negotiations (and even in acquiring interviews). Double BAs, especially if one is in history, probably is less utilitarian.
I don't think he cares about the utilitarian aspect. If he cared about turning it into money I doubt he would've chosen history and political science. Neither is lucrative.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I'm teaching cooking for a family in Kuwait.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Please explain the process leading up to this.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

macB, you could be teaching in Asia right now.  Super simple.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kuwait is in Asia, sir
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kuwait is in Asia, sir
yes
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341

Pocshy2.0 wrote:

I'm still waiting to hear if I have a permanent job. I've been waiting for the news for 4 weeks. With any luck I'll know by Friday. If not, I need to request a contract extension beyond the 31st. It's been so long in the making that I don't even care at this point. Closure is all I want so that I can make my next move.
If anyone cares, I got the job today!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

nice! still a government employee?
Pocshy2.0
+23|3341
Yep. Senior Policy Advisor. It'll be a 7% pay bump over what I make now.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Please explain the process leading up to this.
I've been working as a cook/kitchen manager at a school for macrobiotics in Massachusetts for the last two years. Got a gig in Kuwait through a woman who visited us once.

This part of Asia is a bit fucked, but there is $ to be made.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2016-10-24 21:08:45)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Jay wrote:

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

Kuwait is in Asia, sir
yes
I totally read superior mind as SuperJail warden
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I did that too in the good things that've happened thread and thought uzi was telling me i couldn't handle being cuckolded.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
We've entered the groupthink phase of Stockholm syndrome, we're not individuals any more.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Superior Mind wrote:

I did that too in the good things that've happened thread and thought uzi was telling me i couldn't handle being cuckolded.
Can you? It's apparently macbeth's thing now. NO more pulling wings off butterflies for him!
-Frederick Bastiat
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
I don't think I would invite that scenario in to my life. But if I did I can only assume I could handle it because I would be a willing participant, or willing voyeur rather - as a fetish. But if I found out my wife was cheating I can't say how I'd handle it. I probably wouldn't collapse in defeat with my cock and balls tucked between my legs. Every front has a back. So if I invite that kind of upsetting scenario in to my life then I might have deserved it/needed it to happen.

Last edited by Superior Mind (2016-10-26 06:54:49)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard