unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

I'll take a Clinton list over a Trump improv any day.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6722|England. Stoke
Yeah so your problem with Hilary was that she has a set list of policies...
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5371|London, England

coke wrote:

Yeah so your problem with Hilary was that she has a set list of policies...
That they're all terrible.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

I think Clinton was pretty pleased with herself after the debate. She at least hung around to shake Lester Holt's hand before immediately going to address a rally. Trump just went back to his tower before trying to tell friendly media that he could have done better but he just didn't want to.

So question; who do you vote for when you're asked to choose between:

- A capable candidate with policies you completely disagree with.
- A literal maniac who could do anything.

It makes me think, because I'm trying to imagine myself in a position where I had to choose between someone who was like a hardcore right wing ultra social conservative - but overall a capable candidate - and a narcissistic lunatic who had the vaguest of policy platforms, zero experience or qualifications, and the potential to do untold damage. I'd like to think I'd suck it up and vote for the person who represented, at the very least, sanity. But I don't know.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6119|eXtreme to the maX

Ty wrote:

It makes me think, because I'm trying to imagine myself in a position where I had to choose between someone who was like a hardcore right wing ultra social conservative - but overall a capable candidate - and a narcissistic lunatic who had the vaguest of policy platforms, zero experience or qualifications, and the potential to do untold damage.
You were pretty vocal on the Abbott/Turnbull thing.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ty wrote:

I think Clinton was pretty pleased with herself after the debate. She at least hung around to shake Lester Holt's hand before immediately going to address a rally. Trump just went back to his tower before trying to tell friendly media that he could have done better but he just didn't want to.

It makes me think, because I'm trying to imagine myself in a position where I had to choose between someone who was like a hardcore right wing ultra social conservative - but overall a capable candidate - and a narcissistic lunatic who had the vaguest of policy platforms, zero experience or qualifications, and the potential to do untold damage. I'd like to think I'd suck it up and vote for the person who represented, at the very least, sanity. But I don't know.
I'm not voting for either of them. I'm voting for Gary Johnson.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ty wrote:

It makes me think, because I'm trying to imagine myself in a position where I had to choose between someone who was like a hardcore right wing ultra social conservative - but overall a capable candidate - and a narcissistic lunatic who had the vaguest of policy platforms, zero experience or qualifications, and the potential to do untold damage.
Wasn't that vocal on the leadership contest between them, more just vocal that Abbott is a twit. Not sure that's an effective comparison anyway. Both are colossal narcissists, both don't know really what they're doing. Turnbull's more in line with my own personal politics though he's leading a divided party. Abbott was more in line with the right of the Liberals meaning the party as a whole was more prone to stand in line for him - so long as his polling didn't go down the toilet due to his own ineptitude which, of course, it did. Both are utterly ineffective leaders.

Jay wrote:

Fair call I suppose. I mean he's not a prize pig either but I understand where you're coming from. I suppose the main problem with that is that the US presidential electoral system makes picking a third party candidate like betting on an NFL team to win the World Series.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Ty wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Ty wrote:

Wasn't that vocal on the leadership contest between them, more just vocal that Abbott is a twit. Not sure that's an effective comparison anyway. Both are colossal narcissists, both don't know really what they're doing. Turnbull's more in line with my own personal politics though he's leading a divided party. Abbott was more in line with the right of the Liberals meaning the party as a whole was more prone to stand in line for him - so long as his polling didn't go down the toilet due to his own ineptitude which, of course, it did. Both are utterly ineffective leaders.

Jay wrote:

Fair call I suppose. I mean he's not a prize pig either but I understand where you're coming from. I suppose the main problem with that is that the US presidential electoral system makes picking a third party candidate like betting on an NFL team to win the World Series.
My vote doesn't matter anyway. Clinton will win my state. I can't remember the last time any Republican presidential candidate  even tried campaigning here.
-Frederick Bastiat
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6304|Washington St.

Ty wrote:

like betting on an NFL team to win the World Series.
go Cardinals!

Get it guys?

Guys?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6722|England. Stoke

Jay wrote:

Ty wrote:

Is he the one who asked "what is Allepo"?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6698|United States of America
The only thing he seems to have going for him is that he looks and sounds fairly normal compared to what else we have seen in this race. I've yet to meet a libertarian who isn't a fucking idiot, though, so I also have no desire to see him succeed.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6722|England. Stoke

DesertFox- wrote:

The only thing he seems to have going for him is that he looks and sounds fairly normal compared to what else we have seen in this race. I've yet to meet a libertarian who isn't a fucking idiot, though, so I also have no desire to see him succeed.
Tbh that clip is the only thing I've seen of him, and yes he does seem fairly "normal".
But still "what is Aleppo" I mean c'mon man.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

Not knowing what Aleppo is probably just means millionaire Johnson has something in common with the average American.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

coke wrote:

DesertFox- wrote:

Tbh that clip is the only thing I've seen of him, and yes he does seem fairly "normal".
But still "what is Aleppo" I mean c'mon man.
At least he was honest though, if you asked Trump the same question he would just ignore it and blather on about making America Great Again. I prefer an honest I don't know.
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

"We have to get very, very tough on Aleppo. It is a huge problem. I have a son—he’s 10 years old. He has computers. He is so good with these computers. It’s unbelievable. The security aspect of Aleppo is very, very tough. And maybe, it's hardly doable. But I will say, we are not doing the job we should be doing. But that’s true throughout our whole governmental society. We have so many things that we have to do better. And certainly Aleppo is one of them."
[Blinking eyes thing]
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Yeah, I prefer "what is Aleppo?"
-Frederick Bastiat
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6788|Noizyland

Yeah I'll put that down to a mindblank moment. The not being able to name a world leader thing too. All in all though Johnson's not being a great advertisement for legalising recreational pot use.

On Trump though, there's something about his way of talking that almost makes what he's saying comprehensible. Like, even though it makes next to no sense it has all the right inflections. It's like someone with word salad. The hearing impaired or anyone reading on closed captions must be really confused though.
[Blinking eyes thing]
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6304|Washington St.
has this been posted on your facebook yet? yes? fuck you here it is again

http://i.imgur.com/Cyxh7Dg.mp4
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6750|Oxferd Ohire
Why would I watch an ad.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
You live in Ohio. You should enjoy them by now.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+636|3733
I think this may finally be the thing to sink Trump completely.

Cheating on his wife by trying to fuck a married woman. "Grab her by the pussy". I can't wait until the woman he was talking about getting on T.V. about Trump groping her.

This is the girl Trump "grabbed by the pussy",
https://img.wennermedia.com/620-width/1360551543_nancy-odell-zoom.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6304|Washington St.
You're mistaken. Those who choose to vote for him because of any moral stance have since jumped ship. Nobody who is giving him his vote is doing so for any other reason other than his hatred toward Muslims, poor, etc. Or his typical Republican stance of lowering taxes.

Remember when he said he could shoot someone and not lose any votes? He was right, nobody that's voting for him cares about him as a person, they care that he likes white people over non-whites.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6727|Purplicious Wisconsin

pirana6 wrote:

You're mistaken. Those who choose to vote for him because of any moral stance have since jumped ship. Nobody who is giving him his vote is doing so for any other reason other than his hatred toward Muslims, poor, etc. Or his typical Republican stance of lowering taxes.

Remember when he said he could shoot someone and not lose any votes? He was right, nobody that's voting for him cares about him as a person, they care that he likes white people over non-whites.
Not me, it's because we have shit options. I just hate Clinton more, so Trump.
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5192|Sydney
It's a sad time when people vote based on feelings over evidence.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard