RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
Well that and the long list of features that aren't in the game.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
There's tons of missing features from good games though
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Developers by now should know to not speak in absolutes. AAA pricing, barren features. The game deserves all the flak it gets.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
It does. Biggest disappointment for me was planets being one biome. But plenty of other issues too.
jsnipy
+3,276|6492|...

Good start to game. But as it stands it's the epitome of boredom.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided looks interesting but it is pretty hard to know whether to get it right now or wait for the directors cut or whatever. The user reviews are angry and hostile but magazine reviews say it's okay.

Reminds me of the Fallout 4 situation. The game review sites gave it 10/10s but a big portion of the community hated it.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
w0t. fallout 4 was fucking awesome. people hated it because it didn't have mod support for a while afaik
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
story endings were kinda trash
factions were meh
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

Cybargs wrote:

w0t. fallout 4 was fucking awesome. people hated it because it didn't have mod support for a while afaik
People are upset because the RPG aspects were stripped from the game. You were stuck using a stupid response wheel for everything and skills points were removed for some reason to make the game simpler.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

To be honest, I don't think complexity or simplicity matter all that much so long as the game is playable and fun. I still enjoyed Fallout 4. I mean it was as big a hot, glitchy mess as any other Bethesda game, but charming in spite of (or due to) it.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I've still never finished a playthrough of a Fallout game throughout FO3, NV, and FO4. Somehow I played fully through Skyrim 3 separate times but somehow can't seem to care about Fallout.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Fallout 3/NV/4 kept distracting me with disjointed side quests and as a result I never got very far. I've played more of Elder Scrolls because it's a more interesting universe (though that bar isn't set very high). I think for me it's because in a way, the landscape is way more interesting to look at whereas Fallout is an unrelenting brown.

Would be neat if they made a far-flung future scenario in the Fallout universe where civilization has gotten back on its feet, but there are still things like ghouls, supermutants, and occasional ruins from pre-holocaust.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria
CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 could be interesting.

The Witcher supposedly is a really good action-adventure game, but I absolutely dislike the setting with horses, swords, wizards and dragons.
A futuristic sci-fi setting is much more up my alley.

Deus Ex are really good games, but I always felt so restricted by the tiny levels, that only were a few blocks large.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So I have been playing Deus Ex Mankind Divided. The user reviews on steam turned out to be a lot of unnecessary whining regarding micro-transactions. You can buy level up kits and in game credits but you get plenty of those just playing the game normally. I took a peak at a trainer website and people already figured out how to get the game to give you more without needing to buy them from SE.

Anyway the game is fun. If you liked Human Revolution you will like this one too. It uses the same engine and only real difference is that they doubled the amount of augmentations you can get. All of the new ones are pretty useful so it doesn't seem like they just threw them in there to inflate the game.

Only downside is that the story is pretty boring compared to HR and the game seems smaller in terms of things to do. I am maybe 2 or 3 missions away from finishing the game in 23ish hours according to steam. Stem says I have 24 hours in Human Revolution so the games might actually be equal in size.

8/10

It's not a must play game though so you might want to wait until the Director's cut comes out with all of the DLC attached to it.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

has anyone played the new hearts of iron? i have a buddy begging me to play but he said something about 8 hour multiplayer matches?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I haven't played hearts of iron but it is a Paradox grand strategy game and I have thousands of hours playing those. they all work the same way. basically you will spend hours staring at a map of the world making small clicks to get things done while the timer runs. it's pretty much risk on steroids.

remember that game i gifted you? crusader kings 2? Made by the same company as hearts of iron. Play that for a few minutes and see how you like it. (you won't)
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i did play it a bit.  Was too intensive and too boring.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

CK and HoI may be the same genre, but it's still a minor case of apples and oranges. Grand strategy vs. family politics.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

so no feedback then, just an annoyance with the way macbeth compared them?

Thanks I guess?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

But that's just it. CK2 is my only point of reference with you. You said the game was boring and intensive, so I pointed out a couple ways HoI is different in case it mattered. So what do you want to know that you couldn't find by watching Youtube?

I've sunk a not insignificant amount of hours into Paradox games. Something like HoI3 isn't without its problems (Soviet war lag), but I still enjoyed it more than dealing with plots and succession in CK2. I still haven't gotten HoI4 (price), but enjoyed what I played of it at a friends house, and it's been simplified a bit from HoI3. Other than looking at a map top down, Hoi's feel completely different than CK, EU, or Vicky. Does the idea of drawing up a front and letting the AI handle micro appeal to you?

You don't really sound all too interested, so I guess it comes down to how much do you want to play it with your friend. I know I lost one to a surprise shit storm centered around my not buying Battlefield 4, but I guess it shows you who real friends are.

e: here's a HoI2 demo if you kinda wanna explore the setting a bit.
e2: one thing against them is HoI 3 has an absurd amount of micro DLC. how do you feel about downloading extra sprite packs (for example) to diversify the units a bit? just look at it all!
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

i know you're lying because you said you played HoI4 at a friends house.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Like 30 minutes of a game in progress.

Yeah see, that kind of dig doesn't really bother me. And even if I was lying I've kept track of #4 and it's basically a dumbed down #3 with some nifty ways to automate stuff.

The fuck did you ask about HoI4 for if you're just going to bitch your head off? Is this about that one time I said something about golf you didn't agree with?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Eeh, look at me, I want input on HoI 4 but I'm going to be a prick about it." Isn't the <2hr refund policy still in effect? Just use that if the game feels tedious. Geez.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Aww, did I hurt your feelings?  Lighten up, FRANCIS
I don't like the idea of micro transactions in any game, so it's kind of disappointing to see.  The idea of drawing up a front and letting AI manage it sounds pretty ideal to me, tbh.

The only major concern I have is the statement my friend made about 8 hour multiplayer games.  I don't really like battling AI in strategy games, so most of my time would be spent in multiplayer games.  I can't sink 8 hours at a time into a video game.  Maybe like an hour, hour and a half tops.

My friend also mentioned it took him about 30 hours to learn the feel of/how to play the game.  That's not an unreasonable learning curve, but it leads me to wonder how much satisfaction I'm going to get out of a 30 hour tutorial.

Nothing anyone says on here hurts my feelings or affects my day to day life.  Don't flatter yourself.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
There aren't any microstransaction in any Paradox game. Each game will have hundreds of dollars in DLC that you will end up buying in small installments of $10-25 over the course of a few years. Crusader Kings 2 has $260 of DLC. And I have bought 90% of it since they come out as DLC expansion packs every 3-4 months.

You will end up getting HOI4 for free or for $1 in a Humble Bundle eventually since the games are now centered around pushing out new DLC. I only gave you CK2 because I had an extra copy they gave away to as a pre-order bonus for Europa Universalis IV which itself has $223.

I honestly would not recommend any of these games even though I have a combined 3108 hours in them or the equivalent of 129 days.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard