Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5366|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

haha you're being ridiculous.  It's not OK for Trump to have russian influence but it's OK for Hillary to have links to any other foreign entity?  So is your beef that "it's russia" and not that "its fucking ILLEGAL"? 

there's your problem - you selectively apply your distrust/hatred based on the candidate you want to win instead of facts and laws.

Rule number one of the "Presidential Election 2016 thread" - Macbeth says you aren't allowed to bad mouth his #WCW
Russia isn't even the issue. They shouldn't have been doing dirty shit in the first place. Now that they've been exposed it's like Scooby Doo and the villain saying "if it weren't for you durned kids I'd have gotten away with it". Ridiculous. In no sane world is Hillary Clinton running for, let alone the frontrunner in an election for US president.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
What exactly has Hillary done with the Saudis?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

What illegal things has Trump done with the Russians?  You first buddy!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
Nothing that can be proven. He has called for them to do something illegal though on television. When did Clinton ask Saudi Arabia to do something illegal to harm the U.S.?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
You sound and are acting like you want Trump to win. It's a two party system. The more time you spend attacking Clinton the more you do to empower Trump. That's basically what it boils down to.
CC-Marley
+407|6837
I hope Trump wins. Why not? We need a shake up.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724
macbeth hates immigrants so much, yet he wouldnt vote for trump.

top kek.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

So we can agree then - if either one of the candidates has links to a foreign entity they should be prosecuted.  In other words, if either candidate breaks the law, they should be prosecuted for it.

Whew, I'm glad we got that one out of the way.

I don't want either of them to win.  It's probably the most depressing election I've been old enough to understand.

It's only a two party system because people like you allow it to be.  "The lesser of two evils" nonsense.  You're actually allowed to vote for anyone you want, and should be expressing this sentiment to any and every person you interact with that has a minimal interest in the direction of the USA.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Ken will be around to tell you how both sides are bad and you shouldn't have even tried voting strategically or working through the system.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

working through the system doesn't mean you need to support one of two parties who have very marginally different platforms.  B-b-b-but TRUMP!  You fucking idiots that keep saying it's a two party system and to vote for "the lesser of two evils" are the reason we are in this position.  But sure, blame me because I refuse to play the game.  Meanwhile you are making claims about Donald Trump that could very easily be attributes of Hillary yet can't even recognize your own dissonance.

I mean this in as non-offensive a way as possible - it seems like you've become dumber over the last few years.

I thought you were different, macbeth. 

I will be willing to bet $1000 that neither Hillary nor Trump will last a full 4 years.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
Hillary isn't the lesser of two evils. She is the better of two good democrat candidates. The democrat platform is an objectively better guide to running the nation than one put fourth by any other party or candidate running.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-07-27 18:31:22)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6640|949

i agree with you regarding the democrat platform in a general comparison to the Republican platform
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Hillary isn't the lesser of two evils. She is the better of two good democrat candidates. The democrat platform is an objectively better guide to running the nation than one put fourth by any other party or candidate running.
Because you have zero understanding of economics. Dems already won the culture war. It's over. Time to move on to shit that actually matters. They like to say that Republicans are the party that doesn't govern, but are the Democrats any better? They're completely focused on inconsequential social signaling bullshit and refuse to budget or plan beyond the next election. When you're trotting out an idiot like Elizabeth Warren as some intellectual powerhouse it really shows how intellectually bankrupt the entire progressive movement is. Putting Lena Dunham and Sarah Silverman on stage ices it. Vapidity is the democrat party platform.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728
I think it is silly you guys keep talking down the importance of social issues and completely miss why the democrats have made it such a big part of their platform and why it wins. Trade deals have very little affect on people compared to the day to day issues they face that you call inconsequential because you are never affected by it. I don't think a transgender person will tell you that minimum wage is more important to them than getting harassed or thrown out of her apartment because of lack of legal protection. Ask a black guy who gets stop and frisked on the way to and from his job how important regulations on fracking are to his quality of life. Ask a Mexican American who lives on the border whether they are more worried about tariffs on trucks or getting swept up during a deportation raid. Ask a white girl going to SUNY which is a bigger worry to them, being part of the 1 in 4 women sexually assaulted in college or being unable to easily get a mining contract.

This is all probably wasted on you Joe Libertarian since you ascribe to a political philosophy that makes having a lack of social policy and people management system a central tenant. It is also why no one takes your worldview seriously outside of the internet. The Trump people may be proto-fascist but at least fascism has a working formula to it all.

Economics bores me but I have done a few courses and on international economics and trade. You can talk about minimum wage all day, I couldn't care less either way. Start going on about withdrawing from the WTO or something and I'll just file you down as an idiot and move on.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6114|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Because you have zero understanding of economics. Dems already won the culture war. It's over. Time to move on to shit that actually matters. They like to say that Republicans are the party that doesn't govern, but are the Democrats any better? They're completely focused on inconsequential social signaling bullshit and refuse to budget or plan beyond the next election. When you're trotting out an idiot like Elizabeth Warren as some intellectual powerhouse it really shows how intellectually bankrupt the entire progressive movement is. Putting Lena Dunham and Sarah Silverman on stage ices it. Vapidity is the democrat party platform.
Are the Republicans any better at managing the economy?

Their moral compass, lets start for-profit wars so we can funnel cash to our supporters who will burn it up unproductively or store it in off-shore tax-havens, seems more askew that of the Dems, who funnel cash to their supporters who will likely spend it locally and more usefully.

If you think about it both groups policies are about social signalling, they're just sending different signals to different groups.

And don't tell me the Republicans are low-tax, small government free-marketeers because they aren't.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I think it is silly you guys keep talking down the importance of social issues and completely miss why the democrats have made it such a big part of their platform and why it wins. Trade deals have very little affect on people compared to the day to day issues they face that you call inconsequential because you are never affected by it. I don't think a transgender person will tell you that minimum wage is more important to them than getting harassed or thrown out of her apartment because of lack of legal protection. Ask a black guy who gets stop and frisked on the way to and from his job how important regulations on fracking are to his quality of life. Ask a Mexican American who lives on the border whether they are more worried about tariffs on trucks or getting swept up during a deportation raid. Ask a white girl going to SUNY which is a bigger worry to them, being part of the 1 in 4 women sexually assaulted in college or being unable to easily get a mining contract.

This is all probably wasted on you Joe Libertarian since you ascribe to a political philosophy that makes having a lack of social policy and people management system a central tenant. It is also why no one takes your worldview seriously outside of the internet. The Trump people may be proto-fascist but at least fascism has a working formula to it all.

Economics bores me but I have done a few courses and on international economics and trade. You can talk about minimum wage all day, I couldn't care less either way. Start going on about withdrawing from the WTO or something and I'll just file you down as an idiot and move on.
It doesn't impact you because you don't have a job. For the rest of us, when the economy is in good shape it solves most issues. Crime goes down, domestic violence goes down, people are happier etc. It has a helluva lot more impact on hundreds of millions more people than whether or not trannies can use a bathroom of their choice.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Are the Republicans any better at managing the economy?

Their moral compass, lets start for-profit wars so we can funnel cash to our supporters who will burn it up unproductively or store it in off-shore tax-havens, seems more askew that of the Dems, who funnel cash to their supporters who will likely spend it locally and more usefully.

If you think about it both groups policies are about social signalling, they're just sending different signals to different groups.

And don't tell me the Republicans are low-tax, small government free-marketeers because they aren't.
Mildly, yes. They're much less likely to pass multi trillion dollar ineffective legislation like Obamacare. And Democrats have historically been the war party. They may have protested the Iraq war after it became politically convenient to do so, but Obama and Hillary were happy to keep bombing Arabs.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
By historically do you mean the last 30 years? Not true.

At least Obamacare gets spent in America and recycled - a real trickle down effect - not burned uselessly or stored as explosives in bunkers.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

By historically do you mean the last 30 years? Not true.

At least Obamacare gets spent in America and recycled - a real trickle down effect - not burned uselessly or stored as explosives in bunkers.
The defense industry is a jobs program. Lockheed and General Dynamics etc have dotted the landscape with small factories all over the country. Every time someone proposes to cut defense spending those factory workers make thousands of calls to their legislator. No one wants to be the guy that cost his district jobs. It's political suicide. This applies to both parties.

I'd rather the money went to infrastructure.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

Jay wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It doesn't impact you because you don't have a job. For the rest of us, when the economy is in good shape it solves most issues. Crime goes down, domestic violence goes down, people are happier etc. It has a helluva lot more impact on hundreds of millions more people than whether or not trannies can use a bathroom of their choice.
I have a job. I haven't been unemployed since I was 16.

Why are you bringing up domestic violence? Did your step dad beat your mom between jobs?
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Lobbyists are being welcomed back into the fold of the Democratic Party as the Obama era draws to a close.

President Obama campaigned heavily against special interests in 2008 and put in place several new policies limiting their service in his administration. The Democratic National Committee (DNC) banned lobbyist contributions, and lobbyists began complaining of a stigma — a “scarlet L” — being attached unfairly to their industry.

Times appear to be changing, though, with the outward hostility to the K Street crowd thawing.
Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton has accepted more than $9 million in bundled donations from registered lobbyists, while the DNC has rolled back the lobbyist bans that Obama put into place.

“In 2008 and 2012, there was no integration with the [Obama] campaign,” said Al Mottur, a senior Democratic lobbyist at Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, adding that he would have liked to have helped. “Now, the campaign is welcoming — they’re open to us. That’s why I’ve done as much work for her as I’ve done on her behalf.”

Mottur alone has brought in $273,956 for the Clinton campaign and her joint fundraising committee from other donors since January 2015, according to Federal Election Commission records. He says his support is rooted in a long friendship with Clinton and the belief that she would make a “terrific president.”

Cash advantage

Lobbyist bundlers have contributed to Clinton’s massive donor advantage over the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

Lobbyists Steve Elmendorf of Subject Matter, Capitol Counsel’s David Jones, and American Association for Justice CEO Linda Lipsen have each raised more than $100,000 for the campaign by “bundling” checks from friends and associates.

Other advocates helping Clinton include Heather Podesta, Rich Gold of Holland & Knight, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld’s Don Pongrace and Microsoft’s Fred Humphries.

The money bundled by lobbyists represents only a fraction of the total $229 million Clinton has raised since the beginning of last year, but it could herald a resurgence of Washington advocates within the executive branch.

Clinton’s bundler policy also gives lobbyists hope that she may reverse Obama’s policies, issued via executive order, that were intended to slow down what he called the “revolving door” between government and the private sector.

“There are a lot of people on K Street who certainly hope she would” reverse or ignore an executive order signed by Obama aimed at limiting registered lobbyists from getting jobs in the White House, said Mary Beth Stanton of Heather Podesta + Partners.

“With the anti-Washington sentiment of this campaign ... it wouldn’t be something that would be discussed today,” she added. “That’s a staffing issue, and that’s not something that they’ll decide until they have to.”

Heather Podesta + Partners is hosting a brunch in Philadelphia and is known for organizing such events under a fun, tongue-in-cheek theme. In 2008, Podesta passed out red scarlet Ls in protest of the Obama rules.

In Cleveland, guests at the Republican National Convention brunch held by the firm wore “Make Lobbying Great Again” stickers, a reference to Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

Change at the DNC

The DNC under Obama banned corporate money to pay for the conventions, an extension of his campaign promises.

However, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Duke Energy, among others, were able to help “defray administrative expenses” of the Charlotte, N.C., nominating convention in 2012 through another nonprofit called New American City that was set up by the host committee.

For 2016, the DNC reversed the prohibition on lobbyist cash entirely, both for the party and the convention, giving corporations and lobbyists the opportunity to participate fully.

The American Association for Justice PAC, Lockheed Martin’s PAC, the United Food and Commercial Workers, Home Depot PAC and the AFSCME, among others, have all written checks to the DNC’s convention account so far this cycle.

The Trump effect

Trump’s controversial campaign had a tangible effect on the Republican convention last week in Cleveland.

Many companies skipped the event and declined to make donations for fear of being associated with the businessman’s controversial rhetoric. Several Republican lobbyists who did come to Cleveland told The Hill that they would be taking care of business for clients and out as quickly as possible.

While some had feared that the Trump effect would carry over to the Democratic convention, the calendar for events for Philadelphia appears more robust.

Clinton’s candidacy is also a draw for those on K Street, many of whom have been involved with the family for years.

“The community is supporting her, there is no question about that,” said David Castagnetti of Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen & Thomas. His firm is also kicking off the convention with a party on Monday.

“The thing with Mrs. Clinton is there certainly a historic moment, with the glass ceiling and her being the first female presidential candidate, so there’s a lot of history to be made. That keeps folks around,” he said. “The other difference is the party is more unified at this point than the Republican Party is.”

Party time

Despite a dwindling interest in spending big on conventions, the Philadelphia Host Committee says it has raised approximately $55 million in “cash and hard commitments” and $16 million in in-kind services, though the full amounts are hard to tabulate until the convention is over.

The host committees do not handle any of the political plans for the conventions but organize the venue, security and basic aspects like electricity.

The list of donors to the host committee — a nonprofit organization that can take unlimited sums of money — is not released until 60 days following the convention.
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ … inton-thaw

She is literally the worst.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
And the Republicans don't do any of that.

This one-eyed partisan sniping is pathetic.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6299|Washington St.
https://i.imgur.com/Avzj5gq.jpg
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3728

Jay wrote:

Lobbyists are being welcomed back into the fold of the Democratic Party as the Obama era draws to a close.

President Obama campaigned heavily against special interests in 2008 and put in place several new policies limiting their service in his administration. The Democratic National Committee (DNC) banned lobbyist contributions, and lobbyists began complaining of a stigma — a “scarlet L” — being attached unfairly to their industry.

Times appear to be changing, though, with the outward hostility to the K Street crowd thawing.
Presumptive Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton has accepted more than $9 million in bundled donations from registered lobbyists, while the DNC has rolled back the lobbyist bans that Obama put into place.

“In 2008 and 2012, there was no integration with the [Obama] campaign,” said Al Mottur, a senior Democratic lobbyist at Brownstein Hyatt Farber Schreck, adding that he would have liked to have helped. “Now, the campaign is welcoming — they’re open to us. That’s why I’ve done as much work for her as I’ve done on her behalf.”

Mottur alone has brought in $273,956 for the Clinton campaign and her joint fundraising committee from other donors since January 2015, according to Federal Election Commission records. He says his support is rooted in a long friendship with Clinton and the belief that she would make a “terrific president.”

Cash advantage

Lobbyist bundlers have contributed to Clinton’s massive donor advantage over the Republican nominee, Donald Trump.

Lobbyists Steve Elmendorf of Subject Matter, Capitol Counsel’s David Jones, and American Association for Justice CEO Linda Lipsen have each raised more than $100,000 for the campaign by “bundling” checks from friends and associates.

Other advocates helping Clinton include Heather Podesta, Rich Gold of Holland & Knight, Akin Gump Strauss Hauer & Feld’s Don Pongrace and Microsoft’s Fred Humphries.

The money bundled by lobbyists represents only a fraction of the total $229 million Clinton has raised since the beginning of last year, but it could herald a resurgence of Washington advocates within the executive branch.

Clinton’s bundler policy also gives lobbyists hope that she may reverse Obama’s policies, issued via executive order, that were intended to slow down what he called the “revolving door” between government and the private sector.

“There are a lot of people on K Street who certainly hope she would” reverse or ignore an executive order signed by Obama aimed at limiting registered lobbyists from getting jobs in the White House, said Mary Beth Stanton of Heather Podesta + Partners.

“With the anti-Washington sentiment of this campaign ... it wouldn’t be something that would be discussed today,” she added. “That’s a staffing issue, and that’s not something that they’ll decide until they have to.”

Heather Podesta + Partners is hosting a brunch in Philadelphia and is known for organizing such events under a fun, tongue-in-cheek theme. In 2008, Podesta passed out red scarlet Ls in protest of the Obama rules.

In Cleveland, guests at the Republican National Convention brunch held by the firm wore “Make Lobbying Great Again” stickers, a reference to Trump’s “Make America Great Again” slogan.

Change at the DNC

The DNC under Obama banned corporate money to pay for the conventions, an extension of his campaign promises.

However, Bank of America, Wells Fargo and Duke Energy, among others, were able to help “defray administrative expenses” of the Charlotte, N.C., nominating convention in 2012 through another nonprofit called New American City that was set up by the host committee.

For 2016, the DNC reversed the prohibition on lobbyist cash entirely, both for the party and the convention, giving corporations and lobbyists the opportunity to participate fully.

The American Association for Justice PAC, Lockheed Martin’s PAC, the United Food and Commercial Workers, Home Depot PAC and the AFSCME, among others, have all written checks to the DNC’s convention account so far this cycle.

The Trump effect

Trump’s controversial campaign had a tangible effect on the Republican convention last week in Cleveland.

Many companies skipped the event and declined to make donations for fear of being associated with the businessman’s controversial rhetoric. Several Republican lobbyists who did come to Cleveland told The Hill that they would be taking care of business for clients and out as quickly as possible.

While some had feared that the Trump effect would carry over to the Democratic convention, the calendar for events for Philadelphia appears more robust.

Clinton’s candidacy is also a draw for those on K Street, many of whom have been involved with the family for years.

“The community is supporting her, there is no question about that,” said David Castagnetti of Mehlman Castagnetti Rosen & Thomas. His firm is also kicking off the convention with a party on Monday.

“The thing with Mrs. Clinton is there certainly a historic moment, with the glass ceiling and her being the first female presidential candidate, so there’s a lot of history to be made. That keeps folks around,” he said. “The other difference is the party is more unified at this point than the Republican Party is.”

Party time

Despite a dwindling interest in spending big on conventions, the Philadelphia Host Committee says it has raised approximately $55 million in “cash and hard commitments” and $16 million in in-kind services, though the full amounts are hard to tabulate until the convention is over.

The host committees do not handle any of the political plans for the conventions but organize the venue, security and basic aspects like electricity.

The list of donors to the host committee — a nonprofit organization that can take unlimited sums of money — is not released until 60 days following the convention.
http://thehill.com/business-a-lobbying/ … inton-thaw

She is literally the worst.
Too long, didn't read. Can you put it in your own words? At most two paragraphs.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

And the Republicans don't do any of that.

This one-eyed partisan sniping is pathetic.
Nowhere close.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-el … ng-n596081
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard