unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

The Paradox X community is rabidly defensive of their titles products.
Might as well come out and say it. Negative reviews always seem to get more dissent than positive reviews. The reviewer only deserves to catch shit if it's inconsistent with itself or their previous reviews, and/or just poorly written. And additionally in the case of good positive reviews, if it was bought.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6651|Disaster Free Zone
Point break - 7

Point break - 2
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6678|England. Stoke

DrunkFace wrote:

Point break - 7

Point break - 2

not seen the "remake" myself but this seems about right.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Independence Day 2     6/10

one thing that really annoyed me about it is that even though we have all of this space technology as well as unlimited energy through cold fusion, all of the cars still look like ours and run on gasoline. Electric cars do not exist. In fact an old school bus still having half a tank of gas is a plot point.

anyway, point by point issues with the plot :

Spoiler (highlight to read):
so in this african nation, one of the ships landed and started drilling into the earth. it was the only one that landed. the local africans fought a guerrilla war against the aliens for a few years alone because they didn't want any outside help for some reason and no one wanted to intervene for some reason also. so one day this thing turns on and the scientist go there and find out the mothership from the last movie sent out a distress signal and the ship turned on because the mother-mother ship pinged it back.

now we go back to the moonbase where all the young pilots who are the children from the last movie are hanging out. we built a giant moon cannon to shoot alien space ships and we find out that signal was lost from the venus base. it turns out everyone who comes in contact with the aliens starts to have visions and nightmares about this sphere thing. so this giant ship shaped like a sphere shows up right in front of the moon cannon and they decide to shoot it. the sphere doesn't have shields so it crashes on the moon. the Jurassic park scientist (JPS) then leaves africa to go to the moon to investigate the crash site.

another big alien ship shows up and the moon cannon shots at it also but this thing has shields so it doesn't hurt it. the alien ship shoots at the moonbase which also doesn't have any shields and they all die except the heroic pilots. JPS is at the crash site of the first ship and finds this sphere thing still lite up and decided to take it back to earth with them as the alien ship attacks earth.

so everyone heads to area 51 and some other place. at area 51, they have a alien prison. the president form the last movie (PLM) locks himself in chamber with one and the alien tells everyone through him that their queen is coming. so they figure out the queen is in the middle of the super ship attacking earth. meanwhile they bring the sphere they found on the ship they destroyed back to area 51 with them.

so there are like 3 scenes where they try to figure out how to open the sphere and what it could be and they eventually drill it open and get it to start talking to them in english. so the first ship went there to warn them about the evil alien ship that showed up like a few hours after it did. the sphere ship is the good guys and was there to evacuate the planet to take everyone to another planet where they are collecting alien races and making new tech to fight the squid aliens who conquer every planet. why it didn't send a signal out ahead of them or why it didn't have shields is never explained.

the sphere tells them that they need to destroy it before the alien queen can get to it and tell the other alien queens (because there hundreds of them and they attack one at a time?) where the refugee planet is. the sphere doesn't have a self destruct feature.

while all this is happening, they send pilots to nuke the evil ship and of course 93% of them die failing. they decide to try to lure the queen out of the super ship by sending the sphere's signal out to it and then nuking it from the inside. they need someone to personally fly the nuke into there since drone technology hasn't be researched yet. PLM volunteers even though he has seizures whenever he comes in contact with aliens. everyone agrees he should fly the nuke anyway.

so the queen has a super fleet but decides to personally head out in a small fleet to grab the sphere. PLM manages to fly the nuke inside the ship and blow it up right in front of the queen. so the ship crashes but the alien fleet is still destroying earth even though it was supposed to unilaterally stop once this single alien got killed. then the queen pulls itself out of the rubble and turns out to be a 100 foot tall alien with a personal shield. it starts fucking things up and the earth destruction countdown is down to 7 minutes. it destroys area 51 and grabs the sphere but is then killed by PLM's daughter who is a pilot and the moonbase pilots who commandeered alien ships.

the queen dies, drops the sphere, and the super ship decides to leave earth. the movie ends with a scientist explaining to everyone that the sphere promised to let humans lead the war against the aliens since no one has ever killed a super queen before. and we are going to get new technology to "kick alien ass".

the end.

there. i just saved you $11. your welcome.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

It was always my headcanon that the ID4 aliens were little more than jumped up, guileless space pirates that the rest of the universe either ignored or regarded as a running gag.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Basically space ISIS
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin
Independence Day: Resurgence 4/10. Aliens were too big, dogfights were worse than the original, not one fucking space battle despite having space capable fighters, not giving a shit with the destruction or people dying at all because it didn't feel meaningful, the ground troop fights were underwhelming, didn't like the new characters.... I could go on

Last edited by War Man (2016-07-06 05:07:55)

The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

No space battles? I mean I know we'd be outnumbered with no cover up there, but the trailer had my hopes up.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Finding Dory

7/10

Not as good as Nemo, but still worth a watch
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
The Witch 10/10,    91% Rotten Tomatoes.

People have criticized the movie for being a little slow but the ending was fantastic. This movie won an award at Sundance Film Festival if that means anything to you.

Green Room 8/10,  Also 91% Rotten Tomatoes

Very violent but not in an over the top way.  Same director as Blue Ruin.

X-men Apocalypse    3/10

Honestly, I only got 30% of the way through the movie before deciding to take a nap instead. Awful. Do not recommend.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

What's amazing to me is how people who've been complaining about the X-Men films for years still go see X-Men. It's like Transformers.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I liked all of the X-men up until this one. In fact the one before this one, Days of Future Past, may have been the best of the series.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
The Martian 8/10. Will watch again.
Straight Outta Compton 9/10. I was the white high school kid driving to parties with 12" woofers blasting gansta rap. Yes, good times.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6075|eXtreme to the maX
I like the X-Men films, but the last one really was just a money spinner written by script monkeys.

"We're going to need a bad guy, it would be great if he could be an Arab too, better still Muslim, but that won't tie in with the history so we're going to skip that. Do you think people know Magneto is Jewish? We'd better put the holocaust and anti-Semitism in once again just to be sure. We're going to need an epic fight scene at the end which doesn't really make sense, some mutants will have to die, and we'll fill all the bits in between with confused antagonism between various parties and JLaw in tight outfits. There, I think we're done."
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

AFAIK, Magneto being Jewish goes back to the early 80's. His kid scenes in the movies were actually pretty good for comic book flicks. But are you saying Apocalypse is a Muslim now? That doesn't make any sense. It doesn't even fit on his timeline.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Now now, pay attention
"better still Muslim, but that won't tie in with the history so we're going to skip that"

If they could possibly have made Apocalypse muslim they would have.

The whole 'Magneto is jewish' thing has been laboured so hard they had to find a new angle AND re-labour the usual one.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I dunno man, the whole "everything they've built will fall" blurb kind of puts Apocalypse in line with the Westboro Baptists.

Also, I kind of want to see Magneto getting into some Jewish shenanigans that aren't associated with Nazis. Maybe have Mel Brooks cook something up for the character.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I suppose he could perpetrate a massive fraud, rip off a pension fund or something.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
He could have sold some Mutants bad insurance policies.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I was thinking more situational comedy and less Shylock.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
So Magneto kills tens if not hundreds of million of people across the globe by messing with the planet's magnetic poles but professor Xavier lets him just come back to the U.S. to rebuild the mansion as friends despite being literally worse than Hitler.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Was Hitler really that bad?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
For what it's worth, the Nazis did manage to bring the financial services industry under control..
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Suicide Squad is getting pretty bad reviews. I'm not surprised. It has an interesting enough premise but still looked ridiculous. It's rated PG-13. That should have been a major red flag for anyone thinking about seeing it anyway.
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6122|what

I don't get why they didn't release a Batman v Joker movie and then go for suicide squad.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard