SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
this is a serious thread.
https://i.imgur.com/weIZY7T.jpg
Does anyone play? Spent any money on it yet?
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
My gf does. Says she enjoys it
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
yes. no.
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
uziq
+492|3422
looks daft. I was crazy about blue-red when they first came out (I was the appropriate age). I'm seeing people in their late 20s frothing at the mouth over this on Facebook. the fuck? I checked some video footage and it looks pretty fucking shit.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

I just want to know how playing Pokemon on an Android is considered adult but on a Nintendo DS is not.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

RTHKI wrote:

yes. no.
What Pokemon do you have near you? My town has a lot of DoDuo. I caught a high level Dotrio just now.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
This is pretty crazy actually. Just today I saw someone on the bus playing it, two people walking down the sidewalk playing it, and now getting coffee in the cafeteria I saw someone standing in line playing it.

If you aint shooting black people or white cops, you're playing pokemon go
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

pirana6 wrote:

This is pretty crazy actually. Just today I saw someone on the bus playing it, two people walking down the sidewalk playing it, and now getting coffee in the cafeteria I saw someone standing in line playing it.

If you aint shooting black people or white cops, you're playing pokemon go
Someone put a lure on a store landmark near my place. Basically more Pokemon show up there for awhile. I went there with a friend and saw a person standing there playing. He didn't know who put the lure there. Another person walked up and starting catching Pokemon.

Apparently the colleges are Pokemon warzones.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
Owners of small coffee shops/etc. need to start playing and putting those lures in their stores so people show up and play
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6817|"Frisco"

I just got me an Arcanine at my local park. I've failed every gym I've gone to though.
Adams_BJ
Russian warship, go fuck yourself
+2,053|6592|Little Bentcock
My girlfriend and I got it to see what it was all about. She is more into it than me. She will have it out while we drive incase anything pops up. I will just check if theres anything in my room every now and again.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
I check to see if servers are down every now and again
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
CC-Marley
+407|6798
People needed more reasons to walk around blindly staring at their phone.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
At least people are going outside.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I'm playing it. Not sure if it's fun or just addictive. From a gameplay point of view it's seriously broken. There's little point "training" your Pokemon because you catch stronger ones as you level up. The only reason you'd want to is if you have a rare one and don't encounter enough to collect "candies" to evolve them.

The encounters need work too. Zubats and Pidgeys are everywhere and as you level up you encounter stronger ones that are harder to catch. But the only reason you'd want to is "stardust", which you use to train Pokemon, (and you encounter the aforementioned problem,) or to gain XP to level up. But the fact that they're harder to catch doesn't give you any advantage. Same XP, same "stardust". It's frustrating to be expected to go after these things that you don't even want and they make it difficult just to fuck with you.

Gyms are messed up too. Basically only the most hardcore players have any chance of holding them for any length of time.

I am liking how it gets you to get out and about. Like going for a walking tour of your neighbourhood. I live in the city and it's a very good one for walking around, lots of things to see and the Pokestops are often interesting sculptures or artworksor historical plaques or just interesting places. I also like the hunting aspect. Finding a silhouette of a rare Pokemon and setting off on a quest to find it is fun, tracking it down and catching it quite rewarding.

It's a neat fad to be a part of. I don't think it will last though.

Team Mystic btw.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
Those are all legitimate complaints. To make it all worse is the server issues.

It is a fad but the developers have a good opportunity to keep a lot of people hooked and make a ton of money. If they start putting out new things to do quickly they could keep the hype going for awhile.

Team yellow. Long live the instinct insurgency.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6560|Reisterstown, MD

I was never into Pokèmon so I don't see myself getting into it now.  However, I have seen a lot of people just randomly walking around so I guess it is good that this game has basically made people walk more.
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

killer21 wrote:

I was never into Pokèmon so I don't see myself getting into it now.  However, I have seen a lot of people just randomly walking around so I guess it is good that this game has basically made people walk more.
i thought pokemon was a passing trend, and had no idea it would net more money than i'll make in a lifetime.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Just like Mormonism. You know, it's not too late to join.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

joining mormonism is a once in a lifetime mistake. At least Pokemon Go will get you off your ass and walk about, mormonism just rapes your wallet and your mind.

stop being a cultish champion, and keep religion out of Everything Else. if chuy renames it the "Junk Drawer" then by all means introduce the cult to the topic. the junk drawer is where religion belongs, on a gaming website. if you can call mormonism a religion.
War Man
Australians are hermaphrodites.
+563|6683|Purplicious Wisconsin

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

joining mormonism is a once in a lifetime mistake. At least Pokemon Go will get you off your ass and walk about, mormonism just rapes your wallet and your mind.

stop being a cultish champion, and keep religion out of Everything Else. if chuy renames it the "Junk Drawer" then by all means introduce the cult to the topic. the junk drawer is where religion belongs, on a gaming website. if you can call mormonism a religion.
It's more of a religion than scientology...
The irony of guns, is that they can save lives.
CC-Marley
+407|6798
I bought Nintendo stock the other day. I had $1000 to play with. Should of bought when it was released but hey, the stock went up 2.89 pts today. Play on you little nerds.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

War Man wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

It's more of a religion than scientology...
How so?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I was talking about joining Pokemon players.
Steve-0
+214|3929|SL,UT

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Steve-0 wrote:

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

I was talking about joining Pokemon players.
you talk too much about mormonism.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard