SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
A former ISIS sex slave urged Congress Tuesday to more aggressively fight the terror group and offered her condolences for the massacre in Orlando, saying she's not surprised by it.

Nadia Murad, a Yazidi who escaped captivity in 2014, told the Senate Homeland Security committee that "the USA must act. We must terminate Daesh (ISIS) and all such terror."

"Daesh will not give up their weapons unless we force them to give up their weapons," she testified, with the assistance of a translator. "The Yazidi people cannot wait."

Murad called on the U.S. and other countries "to establish a safe and protected zone for Iraqi and Syrian religious minorities," which President Barack Obama has repeatedly rejected.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/21/politics/ … index.html

I'm glad this woman is so brave to come forward with her story. She is 100% correct. We need to provide a safe zone in Syria and Iraq.

We need to send troops into Syria to carve out an area from ISIS. We can then fill it with trained and armed refugees so that they can manage and protect their land. We can then resettle refugees in this area. We need to defend it from ISIS and the SAA.

This will be costly and hard but I am willing to bare the cost. The USA must act to prevent more atrocities like the ones ISIS and Assad are committing.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
you're willing to bare the cost?

so nice of you to speak on behalf of 300 million people directly, and by association, another couple billion.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England
chickenhawks gonna chickenhawk
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I would like to see one of your solutions to ISIS.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6744|Noizyland

I'd like to think any solution would be a little more creative than arming yet another group to eventually fill the vacuum and be the force behind the NEXT cycle of violence in the Middle East.

"... She swallowed the spider to catch the fly..." ♬ ♩
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
If we arm the Yazidis chances are they'll form the next ethnic terror group.

Syria is beyond fucked now, the whole surrounding region is. We have a few centuries ahead of them all taking revenge on each other for whats happened in the last decade.

Assad should be taken out though, and real no-fly no-armoured-vehicle zone established, that can be administered from 20,00 feet up.
Set up some safe havens in the surrounding areas, and let anyone who wants to go to Syria take a one-way trip and we'll see who's standing in 20 years.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
I agree we need a no fly zone to prevent the Syrian government from bombing rebels. As for armor, the TOW program is enough. We also have to save some tanks for the rebels to capture.

We need to seriously arm southern front and enlarge the New Syrian Army. More weapons and training is a must. We should also consider bombing the SAA in southern Syria. A resurgent rebellion in the south will stretch the regime more and lead to more losses in South Aleppo.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
This couldn't be simpler.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

This couldn't be simpler.
YOU couldn't be.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689
What is your solution to ISIS?
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
I'm not as naive/trollish to think that it's that simple.

"TOW program is enough" have you seem what they've been doing with them...
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

coke wrote:

Yes? Destroying tanks, placed guns, and infantry. We need to give them more to continue doing that.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

coke wrote:

Yes? Destroying tanks, placed guns, and infantry. We need to give them more to continue doing that.
Mainly shooting individuals (and I mean these are seem to be the main videos I've seen) or small groups stood in the open.
Where a often a single well aimed sniper shot/heavy machine gun burst/mortar barrage will do the job. And they are all but I think in one model designed for the sole purpose of killing tanks, I've seen a few instances of them firing them at infantry and them walking away because a HEAT warhead isn't designed to do what they are trying to use it for. (fair enough sometimes it kills 'em all)
But fair play they're your "tax dollars", around what  a quoted just under $60,000 a shot, which is apparently the quoted replacement unit cost, which obviously is a fair bit less in practical terms but still hardly cost effective is it.

Last edited by coke (2016-06-22 20:09:52)

pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.
It pays for us to be at war.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of americans who make boatloads of money if we're at war. Then it's their lobbying money vs the voice of the anti-war american people - and we know how congress reacts to money thrown at their face vs voting against the american people.

Float one or two "hippies don't like war" or "you hate america if you don't want to fight wars" or even the great "you hate the troops if you don't stand for what they fight for" slogans and call it a day.

Who oversees the spending at war down at the lowest level? Nobody. Fire 800,000 rounds at $100 per into the darkness at a shadow, order more, done. Trillions of dollars in contracts if we're at war. War is a business 1,000x more than it's a moral obligation.
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke
^ But "what is your solution to ISIS?"
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3929|SL,UT

coke wrote:

we have enough nuclear weapons to turn the middle-east into a sea of glass.

i'm afraid if trump wins, that's what we'll do . . .
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

Steve-0 wrote:

coke wrote:

we have enough nuclear weapons to turn the middle-east into a sea of glass.

i'm afraid if trump wins, that's what we'll do . . .
The man is a parody of himself. He'll backtrack on virtually everything he's said if the world is unlucky enough that you guys vote him in.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6260|Washington St.

coke wrote:

Flowers in gun barrels
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

pirana6 wrote:

coke wrote:

Flowers in gun barrels
Just to be clear that's not what I'm saying at all.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

coke wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

coke wrote:

Mainly shooting individuals (and I mean these are seem to be the main videos I've seen) or small groups stood in the open.
Where a often a single well aimed sniper shot/heavy machine gun burst/mortar barrage will do the job. And they are all but I think in one model designed for the sole purpose of killing tanks, I've seen a few instances of them firing them at infantry and them walking away because a HEAT warhead isn't designed to do what they are trying to use it for. (fair enough sometimes it kills 'em all)
But fair play they're your "tax dollars", around what  a quoted just under $60,000 a shot, which is apparently the quoted replacement unit cost, which obviously is a fair bit less in practical terms but still hardly cost effective is it.
You don't know what you are talking about. The overwhelming majority of ATGM strikes are against vehicles and emplacements. TOW aren't the only ATGM being used. MILAN and Fagot ATGMs are also being used by every group. There are in fact list of ATGM strikes available if you want to watch. It is working out wonderfully.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

It is working out wonderfully.
https://i.imgur.com/FT2F32U.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2016-06-23 04:04:16)

Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6679|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

coke wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

You don't know what you are talking about. The overwhelming majority of ATGM strikes are against vehicles and emplacements. TOW aren't the only ATGM being used. MILAN and Fagot ATGMs are also being used by every group. There are in fact list of ATGM strikes available if you want to watch. It is working out wonderfully.
Must have imagined all the videos I've seen then...
Again they aren't even designed to take out soft skinned vehicles and emplacements but oh well, I don't know what I'm talking about.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

pirana6 wrote:

It pays for us to be at war.

There are hundreds of thousands, if not millions of americans who make boatloads of money if we're at war. Then it's their lobbying money vs the voice of the anti-war american people - and we know how congress reacts to money thrown at their face vs voting against the american people.

Float one or two "hippies don't like war" or "you hate america if you don't want to fight wars" or even the great "you hate the troops if you don't stand for what they fight for" slogans and call it a day.

Who oversees the spending at war down at the lowest level? Nobody. Fire 800,000 rounds at $100 per into the darkness at a shadow, order more, done. Trillions of dollars in contracts if we're at war. War is a business 1,000x more than it's a moral obligation.
Until they make the mistake of becoming ostentatious with their spending, then someone gets yelled at. I've probably told the story before, but when I was in Baghdad they gave all the officers on post civilian SUVs to drive around in rather than having to slum it in an un-air conditioned HMMWV. No one said a word until the contractor supplying the vehicles started supplying Hummer H2s. The irony of riding around in a $50,000 civilian version of our truck was lost on the contractor but picked up by the press. Bad PR is a no-no in the military and he was fired.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3689

coke wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

coke wrote:

Must have imagined all the videos I've seen then...
Again they aren't even designed to take out soft skinned vehicles and emplacements but oh well, I don't know what I'm talking about.
I don't even know what point you are trying to make. They occasionally use the missiles on people. So what? This was a good use of one.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

Macbeth, you aren't in the armed forces, you were never in the armed forces, you've never studied warfare strategy in any kind of academic capacity, so why the fuck are you trotting out all these ideas on how to face ISIS?  You sound like Warman or shifty.

Also, it's been demonstrated time after time that you can't fight an idea with aggressive military force.  You are advocating an expedient solution that has historically led to worse terrorism and unrest.

My solution: diplomatic and economic pressure on ME countries to cut off funds and military aid to ISIS and anyone supporting them.  None of this armchair general garbage.  "Hmm, we will use the TOW system or other ATGM to kill ISIS."

No, you should go KYS ASAP

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard