SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
the bluray has been ripped to piratebay for a few days. i wouldn't have paid to see it a second time.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Yet you downloaded it and spent how much of your time watching it again?
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
hmm? I still didn't pay anything for the experience.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

"Not going to give this movie money a second time, but I'll give it a second helping of my time."
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
i wouldn't spend money seeing any movie a second time unless it was a movie about myself. I liked the movie the first time so i wanted to see it a second and was not impressed.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

That's fairly petty. And to think you were on DST just recently talking about "class."
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Crimson Peak - 6.5/10

Seems unsure of itself. Presents as mystery, but the answer is obvious. Has ghosts, but they don't do much other than wiggle doorknobs and look gross. Resolved itself fairly bizarrely for what I thought it was supposed to be.

Pretty to look at, though.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Star Wars 7

Fantastic technical aspect with lots of practical effects alongside detailed CGI. Hammy story consistent with the MacGuffin/forced-from-home/dead-father-figure dynamic of episode 4. Weird saber guard actually made sense. Sadly don't recall one note of Darth Snape's leitmotif. Did he even have one?

I don't get how a scavenger girl could learn how to be a Jedi in a day and beat someone who's had wizard sword training all his life, but I do like the part where CameronPoe and Finray blew up TIE fighters together.

1/4 ration
CC-Marley
+407|6799
The Rogue One teaser was /
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
the lobster. what did i just watch
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
The man with the golden gun

rip scaramanga/10
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
bandits. stupid fun. 6/10
europa report. 6/10
trumbo. 7.8/10

Last edited by RTHKI (2016-04-25 10:12:08)

https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Saw Captain America Civil War.

As a comic book movie : 10/10

The big battle scene that they show in the trailers probably can't ever be topped in a comic book movie. They introduced a few new characters for their sequel movies as well as from their smaller movie franchises. the characters didn't feel forced or out of place so it was cool.

My only complaint has to do with the ending and how it is compared to the comics the storyline this was based on.

Spoiler (highlight to read):

In the civil war comic, Captain America died. In this one he survives. And there wasn't a single comic book hero that died in the movie.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Hateful Eight - ok

I wanted to really like it, but it spent so much time not really doing anything other than strongly hinting at upcoming violence that I was too exhausted to care about the payoff or even the little mystery murder we were treated to earlier by the time everyone had drowned in their own blood. I've heard the movie compared to a stage play by critics, but there are more gripping stage plays.
globefish23
sophisticated slacker
+334|6294|Graz, Austria

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Hateful Eight - ok

I wanted to really like it, but it spent so much time not really doing anything other than strongly hinting at upcoming violence that I was too exhausted to care about the payoff or even the little mystery murder we were treated to earlier by the time everyone had drowned in their own blood. I've heard the movie compared to a stage play by critics, but there are more gripping stage plays.
I think on a second and third viewing, there will be many more details you can discover happening in the background.
Knowing Spoiler (highlight to read):
who poisoned the coffee pot pretty much from the beginning is the obvious one.

I guess this movie needs to be watched in the original 70mm version, to get the full widescreen, panoramic view like on a stage.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I went and saw it the glorious 70mmTM and there was just so much more going on onscreen. It was interesting seeing that format when you're not used to it.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

globefish23 wrote:

I think on a second and third viewing, there will be many more details you can discover happening in the background.
Knowing Spoiler (highlight to read):
who poisoned the coffee pot pretty much from the beginning is the obvious one.

I guess this movie needs to be watched in the original 70mm version, to get the full widescreen, panoramic view like on a stage.
It's going to be a long time before Hateful Eight is on my table for a second, let alone a third, viewing.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX
Captain America - Civil War 7.5/10

It filled some time, cinema serves beer, I enjoyed it.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

Deadpool - 8/10

I laughed throughout. Kept my attention, if only to make sure I caught all the one-liners.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Dilbert_X wrote:

Does Budweiser have their 'murica beers out yet?
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

FEOS wrote:

Deadpool - 8/10

I laughed throughout. Kept my attention, if only to make sure I caught all the one-liners.
hey I saw Deadpool over the weekend too!  I give it a 7.5/10.  For a superhero movie it was excellent.  The only serious criticism i have is that some of the jokes seemed too forced.  A little too smarmy for me at times.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Deadpool - 8/10

hey I saw Deadpool over the weekend too!  I give it a 7.5/10.  For a superhero movie it was excellent.  The only serious criticism i have is that some of the jokes seemed too forced.  A little too smarmy for me at times.
I think that was the whole point--purposely over the top.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Sounds like it's basically a Brosnan-era James Bond.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

FEOS wrote:

Deadpool - 8/10

Smarmy in what way? I haven't seen the movie.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Does Budweiser have their 'murica beers out yet?
I don't know, we drink actual beer here.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard