Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714
250k car deposits is HUGE for the car industry. I haven't seen anyone really put a down payment for a car besides the ford mustang here in aus...
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

Serious FWP:

Just went down to the hotel fitness center. It was full.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6679|Disaster Free Zone

FEOS wrote:

I know exactly what Infinities are. Point being, there's no Infinity version of the Leaf. There's no Lexus version of the Prius.
Every Lexus except the 'performance' models have a hybrid option. Infiniti also has hybrid options on some cars, although no full electric except a shelved concept car.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
I hate pickup trucks. I hate seeing them. I hate driving next to them. I hate working on them. I hate people who drive them.

I live in the most urbanized place in the U.S. There is no reason to have a pickup truck here other than being a pigheaded doofus.

First World problem: people use trucks when they don't have to.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

don't you drive a Lancer Evo? There's no reason to drive anything except the most functionally sound car possible, so you're just as guilty for owning a performance car in an urban area.

You complain too much.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6683|United States of America
When I first starting commuting, I did have the question of whether dickheads drove pickup trucks or owning a pickup turned you into a dickhead. When it snows, you can see shitty crossovers and pickups speeding by as if either of them are suitable for adverse conditions. If they're lifted and sometimes even if they're not, the headlight placement is shittily placed so it shines right into the rearview mirror or wing mirror of a normal sized car in front of it.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

don't you drive a Lancer Evo? There's no reason to drive anything except the most functionally sound car possible, so you're just as guilty for owning a performance car in an urban area.

You complain too much.
My car is normal sized. It doesn't take up a huge amount of space. It doesn't blow through gas like a pickup. It won't kill someone in a smaller car if got in front of it. It handles better.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-05-13 12:17:36)

FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6409|'Murka

DrunkFace wrote:

FEOS wrote:

I know exactly what Infinities are. Point being, there's no Infinity version of the Leaf. There's no Lexus version of the Prius.
Every Lexus except the 'performance' models have a hybrid option. Infiniti also has hybrid options on some cars, although no full electric except a shelved concept car.
I already said all that.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Steve-0
Karma limited. Contact Admin to Be Promoted.
+214|3958|SL,UT

wow, this argument is like a fart in the wind . . .
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6707|England. Stoke

SuperJail Warden wrote:

American problem
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

SuperJail Warden wrote:

I hate pickup trucks. I hate seeing them. I hate driving next to them. I hate working on them. I hate people who drive them.

I live in the most urbanized place in the U.S. There is no reason to have a pickup truck here other than being a pigheaded doofus.

It's so weird that on one hand you're coming down on all the "pigheaded" people who drive pickups and on the other you're idly shooting the breeze about groups of women you don't trust or can't easily control. There's no median with you.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+635|3718
Now that you mention it, buying a pickup truck is the male equivalent of dying your hair blue for attention. It is all connected.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6104|eXtreme to the maX
Pickups annoy me also. Its a stupid arms race between aggressive dickheads (male and female but mostly male) and people who feel the need to protect themselves from aggressive dickheads (male and female but mostly female).

Mostly people who buy pickups, SUVs etc for urban commuting are saying 'Fuck you' to everyone else on the road, since they weight so much, brake so badly and their bumpers bullbars are at everyone else's head height. That and because of their design the driver simply can't see average cars around them.

DesertFox wrote:

When it snows, you can see shitty crossovers and pickups speeding by as if either of them are suitable for adverse conditions.
I don't think I've ever laughed as hard as when I saw a Range Rover upside down in a ditch after half an inch of snow.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

From the perspective of someone who drives trucks of various sizes, I've seen stupid shit out of everyone on the road regardless of what they're in. I drive a pickup because I use it for work and hauling things around. When I'm not doing that, I don't have a car to drive around because I don't feel like keeping up with payments, insurance, maintenance, tabs, etc. on a secondary personal vehicle.

Not all truck drivers own a pickup for a practical reason, but I don't think a significant number of those hop into their pickups in gleeful anticipation of shining their brights into your back window from half a car's distance behind you. Speaking of lights, there were a few times where I've had to pull off the road to let the afterimage of an aftermarket set of super-bright car headlights fade from my vision so I can see properly again.

Some of the car drivers who hate pickups are probably the very same drivers who cut trucks off and slam on their brakes. When it's uphill, it's going to take your truck awhile to get back up to speed, and meanwhile you'll be dealing with cars drivers zipping by giving you the finger even if you're in the far right lane just because they have to go around. Cars blithely riding along a truck's side at matched speeds, blocking the truck from merging off of an off-ramp or a terminating lane, are also annoying as fuck. Some of the worst habits I've witnessed were from people in smaller vehicles.

Recall all the times a motorcycle has done a dangerous, harebrained thing around your car. If you hit him, you're automatically on the spot because you're in the larger vehicle. Now you should know a bit about how truckers feel.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

I sometimes feel like there's this toxic little subculture of car drivers who look at truck drivers like we're all like that cigar-puffing humvee pussy from Big Trouble or those coal-rolling assholes who gleefully leave people waiting at bus stops coughing their lungs out. In reality, we're pretty much that person who helps their friends and family move or deliver appliances, with little thanks for it other than random strangers keying our paint job.

If I didn't use the bed, I'd trade it in for something with better mileage. But I do, so all you automotive social engineers can piss off.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
I know enough truck drivers who have never put a single thing in the back of their truck, enough 4x4 owners who have never been off the school run let alone the tarmac.

In urban areas its simply about being the biggest dog in the park, either so you can mess with people with impunity or so they think twice about messing with you.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

If you live in an urban area (e: or anywhere else), drive a pickup truck, and never use the bed to any significant capacity, you're doing it wrong. Even so, I'm pretty sure people still drive them so they can "feel safer" (as fallacious as that can be at times), and not to intimidate other drivers. That kind of douche driving is a niche found in all classifications of vehicles.

It's neat that you "know enough truck drivers." I wonder how many that actually amounts to that it justifies blanket condemnation.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
Plenty

My biggest peeve is 17 yr olds who daddy bought a monster truck for so they could be safe, who then whizz around in it like its a go-kart endangering everyone else.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

Uh huh.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
That's you isn't it?
https://i.embed.ly/1/display/resize?key=1e6a1a1efdb011df84894040444cdc60&url=http%3A%2F%2Fscontent-b.cdninstagram.com%2Fhphotos-xaf1%2Ft51.2885-15%2F10890894_1525807757687600_427377100_n.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2016-05-16 03:28:13)

uziq
+492|3450
newbie has aspergers not Parkinson's. an easy mistake to make.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6770|PNW

fwp: Asperger's is so overused that it has literally lost its original meaning in internet discourse.
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6630|949

fine fine, let's just all agree you reside somewhere on the spectrum
AussieReaper
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
+5,761|6151|what

All this time he thought people were saying he was on the "artistic" spectrum.
https://i.imgur.com/maVpUMN.png
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

fine fine, let's just all agree you reside somewhere on the spectrum
Everyone's on the spectrum.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard