Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

DrunkFace wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

Nissan isn't exactly trying to enter the luxury market now is it.
Infiniti??

BMW, merc don't rely on the luxury market. They advertise those products to give the brand prestige then profit off the sale of their 3series/c class.
I mean Nissan as a stand alone company, not their subbies.

BMW Audi and Merc are still considered 'luxury' even with their bread and butter entry models. It's funny that those brands the C, 3 and A4 are not 'entry level' anymore and they moved downwards to 2, a3 and A/CLA.

Got meself the new C and it's fucking awesome.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Tesla is losing money on every car it makes already. Selling a lot of cars at a loss isn't building the infrastructure needed that I talked about.

The pricing on the Tesla 3 isn't competitive either. The Nissan Leaf which has sold more than all Tesla's starts at $29,000. Toyota Prius is $24,000. Chevy Volt is $33,000. BMW is $42,000. Those are cars already on the market and are made by major brands. I don't see how they can out compete, out sell, and out produce any of those brands especially BMW which has plans on the same luxury market. The Tesla 3 isn't going to start being made until the end of 2017.

It is all advertising hype and I can link you to a great CNBC article that talked about how the finances of Tesla is kinda screwed up. I am worried that people are buying his stock on hype and are going to lose a ton of money when it turns out Tesla can't do what it says it can. All the while Elon Musk goes around like he is saving humanity with expensive cars.
Financially tesla is pretty shit. Investors pour in money now HOPING the company will make a huge profit in the future. It's well expected a company of this size, in the car industry, being a new comer is going to run at a loss for quite a while before they make a profit.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
Facebook and twitter running at a lose makes sense. When you deal with tangibles like cars you don't have that luxury to blow money.

Whatever. Not my money.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Facebook and twitter running at a lose makes sense. When you deal with tangibles like cars you don't have that luxury to blow money.

Whatever. Not my money.
people who bought tesla shares in feb are happy now. 140 to 250 thats a nice profit.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Cybargs wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Whatever. Not my money.
people who bought tesla shares in feb are happy now. 140 to 250 thats a nice profit.
It is at 208 right now. Lost money again today.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Cybargs wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Whatever. Not my money.
It is at 208 right now. Lost money again today.
dat PE is rekting it. wait for big announcement to get back in lol.

you're just mad you made a bad investment decision.
FEOS
Bellicose Yankee Air Pirate
+1,182|6381|'Murka

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Tesla is losing money on every car it makes already. Selling a lot of cars at a loss isn't building the infrastructure needed that I talked about.

The pricing on the Tesla 3 isn't competitive either. The Nissan Leaf which has sold more than all Tesla's starts at $29,000. Toyota Prius is $24,000. Chevy Volt is $33,000. BMW is $42,000. Those are cars already on the market and are made by major brands. I don't see how they can out compete, out sell, and out produce any of those brands especially BMW which has plans on the same luxury market. The Tesla 3 isn't going to start being made until the end of 2017.

It is all advertising hype and I can link you to a great CNBC article that talked about how the finances of Tesla is kinda screwed up. I am worried that people are buying his stock on hype and are going to lose a ton of money when it turns out Tesla can't do what it says it can. All the while Elon Musk goes around like he is saving humanity with expensive cars.
Those prices are after govt tax credits, IIRC.

And you still have to compare apples to apples in terms of vehicle. The Tesla 3 isn't competing against the Leaf or the Prius, but more against the Volt and the BMW and upper tier electrics. It's an entry-level luxury electric vehicle, not an entry-level electric vehicle.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Facebook and twitter running at a lose makes sense.
How?

If they don't make money now they never will.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

FEOS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

And you still have to compare apples to apples in terms of vehicle. The Tesla 3 isn't competing against the Leaf or the Prius, but more against the Volt and the BMW and upper tier electrics. It's an entry-level luxury electric vehicle, not an entry-level electric vehicle.
No. Those prices are before the tax credit.

My point isn't about where it is now but where it is going. Toyota and Nissan own luxury brands. They can rebadge and up feature their electric cars if they wanted to. BMW is going to build upon the i3. Tesla will not be able to pack in more luxury features into their cars at a cheaper rate and better quality than those brands who have been doing so for decades.

And the Leaf is already out selling all of Tesla. The market for luxury electric cars might not even exist or be as big as the one for cheaper electric cars.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

SuperJail Warden wrote:

FEOS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

My point isn't about where it is now but where it is going. Toyota and Nissan own luxury brands. They can rebadge and up feature their electric cars if they wanted to. BMW is going to build upon the i3. Tesla will not be able to pack in more luxury features into their cars at a cheaper rate and better quality than those brands who have been doing so for decades.

And the Leaf is already out selling all of Tesla. The market for luxury electric cars might not even exist or be as big as the one for cheaper electric cars.
To be honest, I wouldn't spend money on a Tesla when you can get much much more quality in an S class for the same price. But then again everyone is different. Tesla really changed everything with the cartech they have. Their car system is pretty brilliant and very intuitive.

Of course the market for luxury electrics exist. the model S outsells any german upper tier luxury vehicles. All of the german big 3 are hitting up plug in hybrids as part of their range now. Oh and the acceleration on a tesla is freaking insane in that class, it's one of the reasons people are attracted to it as well.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Why the fuck do people go to Hawaii again? What does it offer that other places don't aside from triple the cost to do everything?

Just paid out the ass for a flight to a wedding there. "cheap" dinners are $50 a person before alcohol. That's not terrible anywhere if you're sitting down but this is for almost fast food. Crappy hotels are $200 a night.

Can't wait to hang out with the basic bitches who got tired of sitting on a beach in california (no offense ken) to sit on a beach in hawaii.

Look, pay half the cost for the flight to go to mexico, learn some culture, eat awesome food, and pay 1/5th the money.
RTHKI
mmmf mmmf mmmf
+1,736|6707|Oxferd Ohire
why are you paying for the flight
https://i.imgur.com/tMvdWFG.png
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
I struggle to swim that far?
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
Is Instagram used by anyone besides foodies, people who can travel a lot, and people who work out a lot? And all sorts of them have ways to book them for events as if they are actual celebrities.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
Hot chicks use it. That's all I care to spend time thinking about instagram
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
a guy on an internet forum keeps sending me instagram links to asian chicks. not complaining. cool dude.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-05-10 19:02:45)

KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

pirana6 wrote:

Why the fuck do people go to Hawaii again? What does it offer that other places don't aside from triple the cost to do everything?

Just paid out the ass for a flight to a wedding there. "cheap" dinners are $50 a person before alcohol. That's not terrible anywhere if you're sitting down but this is for almost fast food. Crappy hotels are $200 a night.

Can't wait to hang out with the basic bitches who got tired of sitting on a beach in california (no offense ken) to sit on a beach in hawaii.

Look, pay half the cost for the flight to go to mexico, learn some culture, eat awesome food, and pay 1/5th the money.
I'm looking to go out there in June.  I'm pretty sure when i went a few years ago i paid like $400 for a ticket.  i'm going the same week as I went before and tickets are $700. 

When are you going? Is it June/July? That's part of their high season, so everything is more expensive.  Based on what you are describing it sounds like you are going to Maui.

At least you don't have to buy a wedding gift now

Hawaii is the shit though.  One of my favorite places in the US.  Almost perfect balance of civilization and jungle.
pirana6
Go Cougs!
+682|6261|Washington St.
ha! yes Maui in July. I guess it's fairly predictable there?
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

SuperJail Warden wrote:

FEOS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Pretty sure you're wrong on pricing. Advertised pricing on electrics normally includes all available tax incentives.

Toyota and Nissan are already working the e-vehicle tech into their luxury brands--as is every other manufacturer out there. Tesla's discriminator in the market is that they are a pure electric luxury vehicle...now at an entry price point. Prius isn't pure electric. Leaf is, but isn't in the same competitive category as the S or X, and the 3 (which is--arguably--in the same category as the Leaf) has 250,000 reserved slots for pre-orders before the first one has even been built.

Go ahead and try to sell a "rebadged and up-featured" Leaf as an Infinity. Not gonna happen.
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
― Albert Einstein

Doing the popular thing is not always right. Doing the right thing is not always popular
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
$29,010 STARTING MSRP

- UP TO $7,500 POTENTIAL FED TAX CREDIT[*]
- $4,000 NMAC CASH[*]
= AS LOW AS $17,510 POTENTIAL NET PRICE
http://www.nissanusa.com/electric-cars/leaf/

Infinities are RE-badged upgraded Nissans. They aren't putting Lamborghini engines into those.

Pre-sales are $1000 down payments.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

So the comparable Leaf is over $36k. You really should be in marketing.

I know exactly what Infinities are. Point being, there's no Infinity version of the Leaf. There's no Lexus version of the Prius.

And yes, $1k down payments. On 250,000 cars that haven't even been built.
― Albert Einstein

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

FEOS wrote:

I know exactly what Infinities are. Point being, there's no Infinity version of the Leaf. There's no Lexus version of the Prius.

No. The MSRP is $29,000. Rebates bring it down to $17,000. I linked to it.

My point is and I still don't know how you and Cyborg don't get it is that the major brands have the money, and infrastructure to build a lot of electric vehicles whenever they decide to go big into the market and some brands have already gotten into it and are making rivals cars. For someone in the military industrial complex I don't get what you don't understand about production capabilities.

Anyone can charge $1000 to their credit card. Tell me when Tesla gets the other $35,000 and the person gets the car. We will see in 2018.
FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

SuperJail Warden wrote:

FEOS wrote:

No. The MSRP is $29,000. Rebates bring it down to $17,000. I linked to it.

My point is and I still don't know how you and Cyborg don't get it is that the major brands have the money, and infrastructure to build a lot of electric vehicles whenever they decide to go big into the market and some brands have already gotten into it and are making rivals cars. For someone in the military industrial complex I don't get what you don't understand about production capabilities.

Anyone can charge $1000 to their credit card. Tell me when Tesla gets the other $35,000 and the person gets the car. We will see in 2018.
MSRP of the lowest-end model. That's not the comparable model (hence the italics). And the charger for the home is extra, I believe (it's been a while since I looked into purchase costs), where its included with the Tesla (and others).

I fully understand production capacity. I also understand market forces, which you seem to be neglecting. Yes, other companies are making rival cars. Nobody said they weren't. Most/all don't have the performance in range that the Tesla has, certainly not at this new price point.

The response to the 3 just gave them an extra $250m in cash flow, as well. If they can't deliver, then we can revisit this conversation ref production. But comparing the Leaf or Prius is just silly. It's like comparing a Vespa to a Harley.
― Albert Einstein

SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
As far as the market goes, the Leaf has already outsold the entire Tesla brand, the Chevy Volt is almost there. Tesla is losing money on every car they sell anyway.

Last edited by SuperJail Warden (2016-05-11 20:10:46)

FEOS
+1,182|6381|'Murka

SuperJail Warden wrote:

As far as the market goes, the Leaf has already outsold the entire Tesla brand, the Chevy Volt is almost there. Tesla is losing money on every car they sell anyway.
And Chevy loses money on every Volt. Nissan loses money on every Leaf. Those companies make money on other types.

And again...you can put any vehicle in place of the Leaf and make the same claim. You're not comparing apples to apples within competitive categories.

Then there's this: http://inhabitat.com/tesla-model-s-was- … last-year/

According to Hybrid Cars, Tesla sold 50,366 units of the Model S worldwide last year, giving it the title as the best-selling electric car in the world!
― Albert Einstein

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard