KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So politically immature for a thirty year old. Maybe if Sanders spent more of his campaign and life working on something other than wealthy inequality he would have won. Maybe if his policies were more broad so would his appeal had been.
do you know how politics works in America?  Politicians cater to focus groups and wealth.  Politically immature?  You sound like a fresh 18 year old who has never been exposed to the American political process.  Virtually every single argument you put forward is "Bernie isn't talking about 'x', and Hillary is."  Here is a hard lesson in life - talk is cheap.  It's all about action.  Bernie's action over the last 50 years is why I support him.  Hillary's action over the last 20 years is why I don't support her.

I'm surprised you aren't all over Trump's nuts - he talks about all kinds of stuff.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
gotta pay the troll toll to get into that boys hole
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6602|949

It's BOY'S SOUL! Why are you saying it like that?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

It's BOY'S SOUL! Why are you saying it like that?
no it's boy's hole
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
+2,006|5328|London, England

KEN-JENNINGS wrote:

SuperJail Warden wrote:

So politically immature for a thirty year old. Maybe if Sanders spent more of his campaign and life working on something other than wealthy inequality he would have won. Maybe if his policies were more broad so would his appeal had been.
do you know how politics works in America?  Politicians cater to focus groups and wealth.  Politically immature?  You sound like a fresh 18 year old who has never been exposed to the American political process.  Virtually every single argument you put forward is "Bernie isn't talking about 'x', and Hillary is."  Here is a hard lesson in life - talk is cheap.  It's all about action.  Bernie's action over the last 50 years is why I support him.  Hillary's action over the last 20 years is why I don't support her.

I'm surprised you aren't all over Trump's nuts - he talks about all kinds of stuff.
He doesn't want to bomb enough people. Mac is a neocon (so is Hillary), they like to pretend they're 18th century British aristocrats pointing at the globe and saying that it would be a jolly good idea to bring democracy to the heathens. Polite barbarism. Trump is boorish.

Honestly not sure why he would go down that ideological path. He doesn't quite have the pedigree. Maybe he wants to be a pet like Colin Powell or Condoleeza.

Last edited by Jay (2016-04-28 16:54:19)

"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
What exactly has Sanders done in the last 20 years anyway? I can't find anything substantive.
https://i.imgur.com/xsoGn9X.jpg
uziq
+492|3422

Jay wrote:

Mac is a neocon (so is Hillary), they like to pretend they're 18th century British aristocrats
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
+1,810|6076|eXtreme to the maX

Jay wrote:

saying that it would be a jolly good idea to bring democracy to the heathens. Polite barbarism. Trump is boorish.
Nothing the British did was ever about bringing democracy to anyone - that's supposedly an American thing, although in practice they're about equal in militarily, politically and economically subjugating the peoples of Bongo-Bongo land.

I thought you wanted to be a history Professor? A starting point is to have some knowledge of history.
Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй!
uziq
+492|3422
also 18th century torys were vehemently opposed to the market and capitalism. they thought it vulgar, corrupting and undermining of the nation. the whole tory/whig divide was because the whigs were essentially capitalists of the great age of expansion, building their country houses and landscaping new estates. 18th century aristocrats hated that. they valued monarchy and church above mammon. to say that the neocons are essentially 18th century british aristocrats is hilarious. the neocons are like the crack-babies of neoliberalism.

read an book moran

Last edited by uziq (2016-04-30 03:34:03)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
Literally aristocrats believed that doing commerce was plebian and beneath them, becoming lords/MPs and being in servant of the crown was far prestigious. Every society had it. The nips even classed merchants at the bottom of the social hierarchy.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!
Sigh, I was trying to paint a picture about empire building. I frankly don't give two shits about British history. Everything after William the Conquerer is incredibly boring to me.
"Ah, you miserable creatures! You who think that you are so great! You who judge humanity to be so small! You who wish to reform everything! Why don't you reform yourselves? That task would be sufficient enough."
-Frederick Bastiat
uziq
+492|3422

so stop making historical comparisons to things you know nothing about.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

Sigh, I was trying to paint a picture about empire building. I frankly don't give two shits about British history. Everything after William the Conquerer is incredibly boring to me.
Good luck teaching American history without including the British.

Maybe this is why Americans have such a narrow world view, its like looking through a pinhole.
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xat1/l/t31.0-8/13086689_10154018770490482_4474888518714286798_o.jpg
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6655|United States of America
I like Star Wars as much as the next nerd, but I don't think I'd buy a LEGO Darth Vader desk lamp.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

Maybe this is why Americans have such a narrow world view, its like looking through a pinhole.
American history starts with Jamestown and pretty much ignores England beyond discussion of trade. You are the bad guys in every American history course.

From what I've heard, your courses basically treat us as a footnote as well.
-Frederick Bastiat
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

American history starts with Jamestown and pretty much ignores England beyond discussion of trade. You are the bad guys in every American history course.

American history starts with Columbus. From the late 19th century Great Rapprochement until today, kids are taught that the British are our cousins and best ally. Which is probably why opinion polls in the U.S. put the U.K. at 90%+ favorability
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

SuperJail Warden wrote:

Jay wrote:

Dilbert_X wrote:

American history starts with Columbus. From the late 19th century Great Rapprochement until today, kids are taught that the British are our cousins and best ally. Which is probably why opinion polls in the U.S. put the U.K. at 90%+ favorability
People just like the accents.
-Frederick Bastiat
Jaekus
I'm the matchstick that you'll never lose
+957|5148|Sydney
History started with your indigenous peoples, you narrow minded ingrates.
SuperJail Warden
Gone Forever
+634|3690
We speak English not Cherokee
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Jaekus wrote:

History started with your indigenous peoples, you narrow minded ingrates.
Well, if most of them had been out of the stone age and able to create written records, we'd talk more about them. As it stands, we learn only about the natives that Europeans recorded, and from a mostly European perspective. Tens of millions of natives were wiped out by disease upon initial contact (a century before Jamestown) and we know almost nothing about them.
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for

Jay wrote:

LOL OK, that's as smart as choosing to only look 2,000 years back through the fossil record, don't be surprised when you come to dumb conclusions like Jesus created the world and all the animals exactly as they are now, or that aristocrats wanted to bring capitalism and democracy to the third world out of altruism.

We're the bad guys? IIRC we were taught the Americans were as retarded as the Nevada ranchers whinging that they have to obey laws and pay fees.
If Bundy had been around 200 years ago and fought the British no doubt he would be a revered folk hero now, not a laughing stock and a poster boy for whiny idiocy.

Honestly, this myopic and insular view of world history is why Americans, the American political system and America as a whole are laughed at by people with educations.
We see you as you probably see the Amish, ignorant, insular and backward looking. Your Presidential candidates would be pitiable if they weren't so dangerous.

Hey, why not elect this guy President.
http://7127-presscdn-0-30.pagely.netdna … /Amish.jpg
He knows how to build a barn, he must be smart right. His VP candidate looks at least as clever.

Or this guy, apparently he has a direct line to god, not sure which one, does it matter?
http://www.heaven4sure.com/Portals/0/ph … ugshot.jpg

Or this guy, plenty of experience of wholesome community engagement there.
http://therobblackshow.com/wp-content/u … nJeffs.jpg

Last edited by Dilbert_X (2016-05-02 03:16:48)

Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

Jay wrote:

LOL OK, that's as smart as choosing to only look 2,000 years back through the fossil record, don't be surprised when you come to dumb conclusions like Jesus created the world and all the animals exactly as they are now, or that aristocrats wanted to bring capitalism and democracy to the third world out of altruism.

We're the bad guys? IIRC we were taught the Americans were as retarded as the Nevada ranchers whinging that they have to obey laws and pay fees.
If Bundy had been around 200 years ago and fought the British no doubt he would be a revered folk hero now, not a laughing stock and a poster boy for whiny idiocy.

Honestly, this myopic and insular view of world history is why Americans, the American political system and America as a whole are laughed at by people with educations.
We see you as you probably see the Amish, ignorant, insular and backward looking. Your Presidential candidates would be pitiable if they weren't so dangerous.

Hey, why not elect this guy President.
http://7127-presscdn-0-30.pagely.netdna … /Amish.jpg
He knows how to build a barn, he must be smart right. His VP candidate looks at least as clever.

Or this guy, apparently he has a direct line to god, not sure which one, does it matter?
http://www.heaven4sure.com/Portals/0/ph … ugshot.jpg

Or this guy, plenty of experience of wholesome community engagement there.
http://therobblackshow.com/wp-content/u … nJeffs.jpg
Ok
-Frederick Bastiat
Dilbert_X
The X stands for
It is OK Jay, I wrote it more for my own amusement than in the expectation of an intelligent or informed response.
Jay
Bork! Bork! Bork!

Dilbert_X wrote:

It is OK Jay, I wrote it more for my own amusement than in the expectation of an intelligent or informed response.
I mean, what you wrote is factually incorrect so there's not much to say. Obama is Harvard educated, Bush was Yale educated, and Bill Clinton was a Rhodes scholar. What you are really denigrating is direct election and I'm not going to bother arguing in favor of it with someone who was brainwashed in British public schools to have a misanthropic view towards anyone not in the clique. Waste of time.

I don't understand the people who believe that parliamentary elections are superior. Why? Because your PM doesn't have to pander directly to the proles? His MP's do. Once removed is enough to remove the stench?

Ok.
-Frederick Bastiat

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard